It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote ? Really ? Are you sick in your mind ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Recently a twelve year old girl tracked down the genealogy of 43 of our Presidents and all but one of them were related to King John of England that signed the Magna Carta. What are the chances? People need to wake up. The electoral college has been in existence from day one. They cut a deal with Britain way back then. This has been a monarchy from the very beginning. I don't care what you say.There is no way that they could have all come from the same bloodlines without them planning it that way. Do you or anyone even know who the electoral college is? What are their names,how do they get picked, who pays them off? You want a third party so they can be picked by the electoral college. Get rid of this institution and you might get real election.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

And if this happened, the 1/4 who did vote would elect a POTUS

This is what defines the rest of your post. And it is beyond obvious that it doesn't matter who the Puppet POTUS is.
He is first a puppet then he is POTUS. So it doesn't matter one iota. Who the remainder vote in. The same crap that follows the agenda is what the puppy will do. I think that's clear and negates all the silly arguments against what I'm saying. Round and round you will go in the insanity you fail to believe is real.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

And if this happened, the 1/4 who did vote would elect a POTUS

This is what defines the rest of your post. And it is beyond obvious that it doesn't matter who the Puppet POTUS is.

What defines the rest of my post is my assertation that inaction does nothing. As i said, if three full quarters of the American public were to come together and lobby, change would be guaranteed.

But some people would prefer to do nothing, i guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Prefatory note: Yes, actually I am sick in my mind! Legally and everything.

Now...

Voting is important. On a Presidential level it's illusory since the Electoral College is actually what matters. But on other issues, yes, voting matters.

My thoughts are this. If you vote and lose, then you can gripe. If you don't vote at all? Well then you've quit and don't really have a right to complain as you didn't exercise your right to choose.

~Heff

Ah , sick in the mind isn't anything I'm not guilty of myself Heff. And what you say is still not agreeable in my view because some judge will overturn the matters we vote for or against. I'm not pushing rebellion here either.

My message is very simple and drenched in the pessimism that should be the exact result of these latter years of our beloved home. We really had it go'in on for awhile but we all see it coming to an end. Many are afraid to look at it. That's why I posted American Pie. I believe it is Americas funeral hymn prophetically written.
edit on 31-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What defines the rest of my post is my assertation that inaction does nothing. As i said, if three full quarters of the American public were to come together and lobby, change would be guaranteed. But some people would prefer to do nothing, i guess.

Then by all means do everything you can and watch nothing change the course we're on. Nothing.

You mistake my disgust for laziness or delight in portraying it that way.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Vote with your feet.

Kick a politician in the ass.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As the saying goes:_

"It does not matter who you vote for the government always wins"

If you think you have any say or sway as to how your government acts then you are deluded

If you think the government represents the welfare of the people - same answer - You are deluded

However if you are happy to be a pawn in the chess game vote away.

How come governments can not house their people but afford to demolish thousands of homes of another nation with their peace bombs

Murder innocent women and children yet fail to provide adequate health care to it's own people

How come you buy into this fraud

Vote away - You vote for No Change
Vote away - You are afraid of Change

In my opinion

edit on 31-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Then by all means do everything you can and watch nothing change the course we're on. Nothing.

The vast majority of the citizens of the USA all coming together, dropping partisanship and demanding change WOULD work. I dont think you quite understand how political pressure works.

You mistake my disgust for laziness or delight in portraying it that way.

No, i see your disgust as it is and share it. I simply think inaction is the worst possible course.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Vote with your feet.

Kick a politician in the ass.

:
I'm capable of kicking a lot higher than their ass

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No, i see your disgust as it is and share it. I simply think inaction is the worst possible course.

And I see no course of action.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You know what? If you don't want to vote, then don't complain when the government does something you don't like cause you had a chance to participate in the process and maybe write in a person you think would make a better person.

Don't try and discourage others from voting because you are to apathetic to try and fix the mess we are all in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I agree it's like standing in front of steam roller and expecting not to get crushed. You could vote to have the steam roller not crush you but it's a steam roller. It doesn't care about your vote. At the same token, just standing there and watching the steam roller because you think voting against it rolling over you won't accomplish anything will accomplish the same result, either way you get run over.

Only thing to do to change this is get out of way, I.E. leave the country, or Build something to counter the steam roller like a revolution of policy and ideals with the citizens of the United States to back it up....Excluding these two options I only foresee being run over by the steam roller.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just write Ron Paul on your voting slip

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then you are blind or lazy. There are other routes to take, much much harder routes, that could have potentially useful results by comparison.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by randyvs

You know what? If you don't want to vote, then don't complain when the government does something you don't like cause you had a chance to participate in the process and maybe write in a person you think would make a better person.

Don't try and discourage others from voting because you are to apathetic to try and fix the mess we are all in.

I'm not trying to discourage people. I'm saying if they're not discouraged they damn well should be. But one thing is clear, doesn't matter if I convince the whole country not to vote, just to see what happens ? The only thing that is going to happen. Is what the PTB want to happen.

I hope that's clear because it sure as hell should be by now and if not ? You're lag'in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
yes write in your vote

HOWEVER

Do NOT write Ron Paul

Write......

NONE OF THE ABOVE.................................................

can you imagine if "None of the Above" won the popular Vote??

(the electoral college may vote the "winner" in but would he be authentic if the world knew None of the Above won the popular vote, would the military follow someone like that?)

VOTE THE BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I ALWAYS write in None of the Above when I vote..
edit on 31-8-2012 by thedigirati because: cause I can

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Now that's an alternative I would consider to achieve the same results. And not get called not get called lazy one more time.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Yes some do that in UK - "Non of the above"

In a past census under what religion are you - Jedi became a new and rising religion

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Apathy is what got us into this mess to begin with. Apathy sure isn't the solution to the problems of this nation. If you don't want to vote. That's just fine. Don't. But when things get worse, don't come crying to voters because you decided your voice isn't worth being heard.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Very cliche'. How bout I don't vote and exorcise my right to complain anyway. You remain blind as a bat believing things that never really were. Placing the blame in all the wrong places. So pretend to the end. The results will be the same pal. Whether or not you admit it, I know you see it. It's like a condor in a canary cage. You can't miss it and it has nothing to do with apathy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join