It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote ? Really ? Are you sick in your mind ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This forum defines voting perfectly. It is madness and totally insane in my opinion to go to the polls. Every stinking politician in D.C. knows what I'm saying is true and they are all a corporate production, who's embodiment has been nurtured to one end only. The demise of our way of life in America.
Do you really believe the corporations aren't doing this ?

After all the years they fought our installment of unions and forcing them to compensate the American people properly ? So we could have a piece of the American pie ? Do you think any of them were glad to see Americans prospering at their expense. I can't tell anyone what to do. But you yes you, must know in your hearts what the hell you are voting for in reality.

And that is at the very least, first and foremost, the demise of our country thru these bought off and sold out creeps we call leaders. When they actually are only rulers. We are looking at one very simple act of revenge as you look on and pretend the next piece of crap will do better. But go ahead and vote, mindlessly ignoring what it is that is happening. They aren't serving pie anymore.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You are correct in your observation. Voting for Romney or Obama makes you complicit in war crimes also IMHO. I believe if you vote then you definately have innocent blood on your hands.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree, going and doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results does indicate insanity, so do something different.

Lets all pledge to vote third party.

Not voting is a bit of throwing the baby out with the bath water don't you think?

So vote third party, problem solved.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

You are correct in your observation. Voting for Romney or Obama makes you complicit in war crimes also IMHO. I believe if you vote then you definately have innocent blood on your hands.

Not true. Vote Libertarian. We are tired of the wars...we are tired of our tax dollars being spent to blow a third world country even further back into the stone age. I am sick of the treachery, the cronyism, the rascalism and the underhanded, back door deals.

Some will say a Libertarian vote is a wasted vote...but I dispute that opinion. It is a protest vote. Do you thnk they do not eventually see the popular vote results? Do you think they are not aware when the bile is rising in the general population? They know...they are aware. My vote is my voice. I refuse to back the war mongers and money lovers. (Don't get me wrong, I like money...but I will not sell my soul for it). My voice will not join in the chorus of sheep banter singing the praises of the two turds we are having shoved down our throats...(or up our @sses... you choose the appropriate orifice). I am a human...I am sovereign and my opinion is my "god given" right...whether the establishment likes it or not is tough sh!t.....
edit on 31-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: weird formatting and lost text

edit on 31-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not voting is a bit of throwing the baby out with the bath water don't you think?

Not at all my good man. Did I say all ? I meant all, even third parties. They are all there to be bought.
Think how cool it would be if three quarters of America or more refused the vote. I believe it is the only act of total rebellion we can get away with peacefully. When total rebellion just shy of lynchings for treason is what is called for in a big way.

Nothing is going to change thru our political system as it stands.
edit on 31-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by benrl

Not at all my good man. Did I say all ? I meant all, even third parties. They are all there to be bought.
Think how cool it would be if three quarters of America or more refused the vote. I believe it is the only act of total rebellion we can get away with peacefully. When total rebellion just shy of lynchings for treason is what is called for in a big way.
edit on 31-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

30% of eligible voters vote, how cool is that, what would another 5% not voting do, nothing but give more power to the extreme left and right of the two existing parties.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You force me to quote Plato:

"The price of apathy in public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".

I appreciate your disdain for the process...but apathy is not the answer....get involved...even if it just you local and municipal elections. I think we all need to be more involved at the county and municipal level...these are the "rules" and ordinances that directly affect us...having a hand in who is making those policies cannot be a bad thing.

The state level gets a little out of hand...and the national level is a direct result of the state level...if you got bad statemen...you have zero hope at the national level.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

0% of eligible voters vote, how cool is that, what would another 5% not voting do, nothing but give more power to the extreme left and right of the two existing parties.

To believe power seats itself is a total fallacy. It rests with no party neither or. Only with those who own both, in fact all parties in fact America her self, have any and all power. Why isn't that clear ringing like a "Church bell " to everyone. Oh that's right, because " The Church bells all are broken ".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Consider SCOTUS nominations as a reason.

That's probably the most indelible mark a President can leave.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If they are going to do the same thing either way then what difference does it make whether you vote or not. If their actions remain the same regardless then the outcome was never really influenced by your vote one way or the other and voting is no more a sin then not voting.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by randyvs

I appreciate your disdain for the process...but apathy is not the answer....get involved...even if it just you local and municipal elections. I think we all need to be more involved at the county and municipal level...these are the "rules" and ordinances that directly affect us...having a hand in who is making those policies cannot be a bad thing.

The state level gets a little out of hand...and the national level is a direct result of the state level...if you got bad statemen...you have zero hope at the national level.

No ! I've watched for to many decades at the redundant stupidity of people getting all hyped up at promises, that they themselves know will just turn out to be lies. Plato was no God. I disagree in earnest.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Voting does NOT make you complicit in war crimes, dont be absurd. No one votes for a politician hoping they kill people. Well, almost no one.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Think how cool it would be if three quarters of America or more refused the vote.

And if this happened, the 1/4 who did vote would elect a POTUS and you will have accomplished absolutely nothing. As an above poster said, apathy and inaction accomplishes nothing.

You want change? Form a lobby group with that 3/4 of American voters, 100 million strong and lobby the government each and everyday with phonecalls, letters, petitions, protests and more. Call your govenor five times a day, drive him/her mad. The movement will have to be covered by the MSN, just as OWS was, simply due to its size, and unlike OWS, this will cause change. Sitting on your ass refusing to vote or force change is pathetic.
edit on 31-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Prefatory note: Yes, actually I am sick in my mind! Legally and everything.

Now...

Voting is important. On a Presidential level it's illusory since the Electoral College is actually what matters. But on other issues, yes, voting matters.

My thoughts are this. If you vote and lose, then you can gripe. If you don't vote at all? Well then you've quit and don't really have a right to complain as you didn't exercise your right to choose.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by randyvs

If they are going to do the same thing either way then what difference does it make whether you vote or not. If their actions remain the same regardless then the outcome was never really influenced by your vote one way or the other and voting is no more a sin then not voting.

I disagree again. You've heard it yourself in every election, how they will vote for the lesser evil.

That my fellow member of these fabulous boards. Is still a vote for evil.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Not if you vote for an Anti-War canidate such as Ron Paul. Do people really not understand a write-in vote? Vote for who you want not who you are told to vote for!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by randyvs

No ! I've watched for to many decades at the redundant stupidity of people getting all hyped up at promises, that they themselves know will just turn out to be lies. Plato was no God. I disagree in earnest.

LOL....Plato was not God...geesh...he was just a very clever man who spent a lot of time studying the human condition. By all means, do as you feel is right for you. I disagree with apathy and I will try to dissuade you from that path...but in the end, I am all for you doing whatever flips your switch...if you want to allow others to choose the leaders that will make the laws that control your life...so be it...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As I have said for fifty years, I will be glad to see when they hold an election and nobody shows up.

If you continue to play their game, you are part of the problem!

They want you to conform, do you really think your vote counts?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But the evil will occur whether you vote for it or not, or at least that's the way I interpreted your original post. Unless you think that not voting will somehow stop the evil from continuing somehow I don't see how not voting is any better then voting. If you feel that way please demonstrate way with a clever argument or evidence. I would agree that in general voting is pointless, but I don't really see it as any worse then not voting since the result promises to be the same either way even if NO ONE VOTED AT ALL. They could just fake it. How do we know they don't do that now, and if they do then it truly makes no difference as to whether you vote or not.

If you really want to influence a good decision then vote for who you think should be in office with a write in regardless of whether or not they are a nominee. It's practically the same as not voting, but at least then you're not voting for "evil". Like even if Ron Paul didn't win. If I were to vote for Ron Paul on election day I certainly wouldn't consider my vote evil at all.
edit on 31-8-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You vote, you're screwed.

You don't vote, you're still screwed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join