It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe That You Have the One True Religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Those who are serious about religion should think that the one they’ve chosen is acceptable to God and Jesus. Otherwise, why would they be involved in it?
Maybe it's not a spiritual attachment but rather a cultural one? Perhaps our parents and our ancestors decided this for us, we never really decided this for ourselves, we inherited our religion, never choose it, but we can't inherit spirituality that must be cultivated on a individual basis.

Jesus Christ didn’t agree with the view that there are many religions, many roads, all leading to salvation. Rather, he said in Matthew 7:14

But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

This scripture applies to all those within the sphere of Christianity, not non-christian religions.

Since the the 1st century there have always been sincere people trying to serve God the best way they know how, God always knew who they were, and he knows who they are today.

Sincere Christians believe that they’ve found that road. Otherwise, they’d look for another religion.
As to the true religion, there is one basic requirement, it follows the principles laid out in the bible.
Sadly we have seen a degradation of Christians churches following what the bible teaches.
Jesus added this simple filter in Matthew 7:20

Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.

And yes it really is that simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe that there is one God for EVERYONE, it seems to me that all this disagreement about the stupid details of different religions are all man made. Why would God create people with different opinions on religion? Why make all these different beliefs? There isn't a right religion and there isn't a wrong religion, personally I do not believe in any religious organization on this earth, I believe ONE GOD FOR EVERYONE.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Refreshing...usually when i see a post title like this it is a pregnant question asked to enable the OP to badmouth religion and Christians in particular...

I used to believe that the Bible was a fairy tale, good but definitely not literal. i used to be a rabid evolutionist. I had a concept of God, but i was not spiritual. When i decided to see what Christianity had to offer i found, to my surprise, and with a bias toward the opposite, that the Bible is not some pieced together, over edited tale. I was surprised to find that it is the most reliable historic document that there is, by the standard set by academia, and that in fact, if you want to throw the Bible out based on its historical reliability you would also have to throw out most other manuscripts from antiquity. i came to believe that if you believe in God, but don't believe that He is able to transmit his message to us accurately, then you believe in a weak God. so i came to take a literal interpretation of the Bible as necessary. But i still had one problem: Creation...i mean, i am a scientific person. i knew for a fact that evolution and the great age of the earth were fact. so i studied the subject. carefully, and again, with a bias toward the opposite, i discovered that there is easily as much as or more evidence for a young earth and a creator as there is for evolution and big bang cosmology. everyone on this forum talks about how we have been brainwashed, and i'll tell you, this is one area where it is true...

so, yes, through that process i believe i have found the One True God....prior to that process i would have thought that concept to have been arrogant and wishful...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

As to the true religion, there is one basic requirement, it follows the principles laid out in the bible.

How is this a basic requirement? Why would Buddhism, or Taoism, or the FSM religion need to follow the principles laid out in the bible to be THE true religion. Any religion is true religion, because it is a ritual, a practice, a belief, in ones life.
edit on 8/31/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Why would Buddhism, or Taoism, or the FSM religion need to follow the principles laid out in the bible to be THE true religion. Any religion is true religion, because it is a ritual, a practice, a belief, in ones life.

They cannot ALL be right, the OP is absolutely right...

The TRUE agenda of all false religion is to blind and misguide you away from the truth.

Religion will NEVER tell you the TRUTH...

I believe this is the main reason WHY so few comprehend what is really going on in the world.

All false religions are illuminati created...

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the one true religion would be the belief of a god, right? not Jesus or Allah or any other deity but God it's self and the whole concept. I understand religion but I wouldn't ever confine my self to any of their beliefs over an other.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There is a stealth agenda behind all false religion and virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom has been infiltrated.

The entire NWO agenda revolves around removing God by creating mass hatred through false religion. The elite created religion as a Mind Control tool with a hidden agenda that revolves around permanently separating us from God.

Religion is the greatest enemy of God, because it is Satan's greatest deception.

Religion LIES, HATES, & KILLS...

THIS is how we KNOW that God is not the author of Religion

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Satan has infiltrated organized religion

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

All false religions are illuminati mind control

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xGuitarPlayerx

A little off topic but anyways....
I enjoyed your response, and let me assure you that old earth creation is covered very simply in Genesis 1:1
Which happens before the six creative epochs.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

No God didn't place millions of fossils in the ground to test Christians, the earth really is millions maybe billions of years old there is no conflict with scientific data on this subject.

Back on topic, for those that think everybody of every religion is worshiping God in a acceptable manner we know that is impossible, because of the commandments against idolatry in both the old and new testaments. That eliminates billions, so it is, what it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
First of all, one must first believe the bible is "true" in the first place...

Second, The bible can be interpreted many different ways...

Third, oh nevermind... I'm not in the mood to debate.... enjoy your delusion that only you and people who believe like you are saved...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
I believe that there is one God for EVERYONE, it seems to me that all this disagreement about the stupid details of different religions are all man made. Why would God create people with different opinions on religion? Why make all these different beliefs? There isn't a right religion and there isn't a wrong religion, personally I do not believe in any religious organization on this earth, I believe ONE GOD FOR EVERYONE.

Lets take a watch on the world religons:

Hiduism Bhagavad Gita explain an Nondual god that most do not know the exact nature of:
www.stillnessspeaks.com...

Buddha teaches that you are supposed to choose the middle path where you keep away from extremes and the dualities the extremes create and that should follow the golden rule.

Jesus say to be god and man in one. And in Matthew 25:31-46:
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
And clearly here Jesus is one with his brothers and sisters.
God is one with Jesus is one with his soulbrothers and soulsister so God is one with Jesus soulbrothers and soulsisters.

Matthew 25:31-46
When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Sikhism
"Realization of Truth is higher than all else. Higher still is truthful living".[7] Sikh teaching emphasizes the principle of equality of all humans and rejects discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, and gender. Sikh principles encourage living life as a householder.

Sikhi is a monotheistic[8][9] and a revealed religion.[10] In Sikhi, God—termed Vāhigurū—is shapeless, timeless, and sightless (i.e., unable to be seen with the physical eye): niraṅkār, akaal, and alakh. The beginning of the first composition of Sikh scripture is the figure "1"—signifying the universality of God. It states that God is omnipresent and infinite with power over everything, and is signified by the term ēk ōaṅkār.[11] Sikhs believe that before creation, all that existed was God and God's hukam (will or order).[12] When God willed, the entire cosmos was created. From these beginnings, God nurtured "enticement and attachment" to māyā, or the human perception of reality.[13]

Islam:
He is God; there is no god but He, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate. He is God, there is no God but He. He is the King, the All-Holy, the All-Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime. Glory be to God, above that they associate! He is God the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. To Him belong the Names Most Beautiful. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (59:22-24)

New Age: ALL is ONE and ONE is ALL that is.

edit on 31-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Continued

Judaism:
>
New International Version (©1984)
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Seem to be a singular entity made up off many selfaware parts.

My own view. A human body is made up of cells that we think of as one singular thing and included bacterial life inside you that lives in symbiosis with you. Where the body ends and you begin is not clearly defined? Are your body including the bacterial life within you that you need to survive? Are every cell part of your body even the dead ones that are being removed? Are if you have cancer cells part of you body or are they not since the are not healthy?

With the pineal gland activated the oneness can be felt and what is your body, mind/ego and spirit becomes harder to separate and your spirits is connected to everything.

Being a sperate being and disconnected from The ONE that is all is an illussion. But you can choose the level of connection that you are ready for.

Seems to be the same view in all religons does it not?
edit on 31-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There will be new religion coming out every 1000 yrs...

Eastern religions(Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, etc) used to exist in the past..and some still do..

Then came Western Abrahamic religion (Judaism,Islam,Christianity)

Now you have Scientology and new stuff popping up...

No one can say their religion is superior because there was one before that....It seems the newer the religion, the more crappy it is...older religion respected earth more than the new ones....

What we are seeing now is fall of Abrahamic religions...

Next set would be, Scientology, Rastafarian-ism, some New age movement, The Pink unicorn god.. and non-religion movement... i'm hoping for the non-religion movement to win, aka Atheism!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Yes seems to be the same point in all religions so why do people still start wars in the name of their "right" religion? My point is why the differences in religion? I stated that no religion is wrong and no religion is right, I believe that their is indeed a God but he does not interfere in our daily lives and loves everyone equally no matter your background beliefs or ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I find it very ironic that you seem to despise religion and the church yet you still conform to its ideologies. If religion is the work of Satan, then how can you cling to his words so desperately?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The one true religion is practiced by many different dominations.

James 1

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Yes seems to be the same point in all religions so why do people still start wars in the name of their "right" religion? My point is why the differences in religion? I stated that no religion is wrong and no religion is right, I believe that their is indeed a God but he does not interfere in our daily lives and loves everyone equally no matter your background beliefs or ethnicity.

Most people do not understand and follow the religon they say they follow. They are caught up in dualistic views be it Religon/Culture/Economic System/Social Structure/Nationality and even sometimes race. I do not agree that god does not interfere in our daily lifes. God is very involved in my life and but the influences are limited as not to disturb percieved free will. God does not talk but have other ways of guiding you thru synchronicity and ideas from the spirit that is in the unconcious mind. The physical feeling of oneness bliss is also hard to ignore. The body truely love feeling that and becomes very realaxed. But oneness bliss have one dissadvanteage in my life. It is very hard to concentrating on reading boring technical books about systems when you feel that

You and god together must agree on the level of your connection that is suitable for you at this moment.

And I will say that god saves people not matter the religious views and level of faith. I was not spiritual at all until god and I needed each other. But I was a follower of the golden rule.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

James 1

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

A great scripture to quote, so tell me, is this not being polluted by the world as you say, and there are many more examples. They simply prove as an organization they are disqualified from God's blessing, that's not to say there are not sincere people still embedded within their ranks, but they need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I agree with what you are saying for the most part, I have a different view on Gods interference, although I am not saying that I am right. It could be that I am not at the stage of my life where I feel Gods hand in what I do, it could come to me later in life, I am still a young man yet
It's nice to have a reasonable conversation about religion without someone jumping down my throat that my views are wrong. I am hoping someday soon that people will see that these differences are all made by the human race and embrace the thought of unification, for the sake of my children and everyone's children because if it does not happen it will be a very harsh world in years to come.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Those who are serious about religion should think that the one they’ve chosen is acceptable to God and Jesus. Otherwise, why would they be involved in it?
Maybe it's not a spiritual attachment but rather a cultural one? Perhaps our parents and our ancestors decided this for us, we never really decided this for ourselves, we inherited our religion, never choose it, but we can't inherit spirituality that must be cultivated on a individual basis.

Jesus Christ didn’t agree with the view that there are many religions, many roads, all leading to salvation. Rather, he said in Matthew 7:14

But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

This scripture applies to all those within the sphere of Christianity, not non-christian religions.

Since the the 1st century there have always been sincere people trying to serve God the best way they know how, God always knew who they were, and he knows who they are today.

Sincere Christians believe that they’ve found that road. Otherwise, they’d look for another religion.
Sadly we have seen a degradation of Christians churches following what the bible teaches.
Jesus added this simple filter in Matthew 7:20

Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.

And yes it really is that simple.

...the simple fact is, all roads lead to the Christian God.
The question is, what will the reception be once you get there? As you've quoted, the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life... all other roads lead to judgement, but again, at the hands of that same God.

Just as God provided only one way to be saved from the flood (the ark), so He provided just one way to be saved from sin - Christ. This is the single greatest factor in distinguishing Christianity from world religion... that only here, in Christ, has God Himself solved the problem at the heart of man.

Religion is man desperately trying to reach up, to attain to the righteousness of God - and failing...
only in Christ does God Himself deal with the problem of sin, and reach down to man.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

James 1

A great scripture to quote, so tell me, is this not being polluted by the world as you say, and there are many more examples. They simply prove as an organization they are disqualified from God's blessing, that's not to say there are not sincere people still embedded within their ranks, but they need to wake up.

A person that is awake recognizes one thing. Can you guess the answer to the riddle I keep posting?

-A person with all the power has all the fear.
-A person with no power has no fear.

Apart from duplicity, how do you explain the answer to the riddle? If you find the answer, you find how to awaken.

top topics

join