It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel: "we have to pass stronger gun laws in this state"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Let's see him and Bloomberg disarm their security details first.

Lead by example, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

No im muddying your post really. What is available to the general populace are not military weapons. They are indeed just semi automatic rifles.

Except the tec-9.its just a semi auto pistol... A really poorly designed one at that.
edit on 31-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Indigo5

Good on you for looking it up. I admittedly went directly to FBI crime stats which show "assault rifles" are used in a statistically insignificant number of murders compared to handguns.

Still, these are not military weapons. Unless these gangsters have select fire weapons? These are simply civilian semi autos which look like military weapons.

And the fact remains that these criminals are already prohibited from murder, already prohibited from possessing these firearms, already prohibited from participating in the drug trade, theft, burglary or whatever other activity it is they are engaged in which apparently requires they arm themselves so obviously prohibition isn't working. Would one more prohibited item suddenly make it all better?

The fact that they are kids is moot. Bringing up ages is a simple-minded ploy to tug the heart strings into behaving irrationally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by Indigo5

The fact that they are kids is moot. Bringing up ages is a simple-minded ploy to tug the heart strings into behaving irrationally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't consider anyone carrying an AR-15 or AK-47 with an intent to kill a "kid" no matter the age.

But children are getting caught in the crossfire. A spray of bullets, even more so in the hands of an untrained "gangster" does in fact increase the risk of killing innocent bystanders and I am not sure how you argue otherwise?
edit on 31-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
While I'm no fan of Rahm or Chicago politics running the entire State, nor a fan of any more gun laws, I have to say the FOID card thing is BS! All you have to do is fill out the form and send your Ten dollars! That's right, a whopping TEN dollars. There is absolutly to training required to obtain your FOID card, None. You do get a background check, but so what?

So, how many hoops should one be required to jump through and how many dollars do you consider an appropriate cost to grant one the privilege of exercising one of their clearly defined Constitutional rights?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The only type of gun control that will ever work based on the Constitution is education.

Proper education at an early age (and not just about guns) but a real education can lift people from poverty, as always though they mistake the symptom for the cause.

No one wants to deal with the real issue, poor public education and crushing poverty, that would require things like reallocating military spending and perhaps raising Taxes...

Heaven forbid they actually spend money to fix a problem instead of just band aids over gaping wounds.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I really like the quote 983,477,621 legal gun owners did not murder anyone today.

Why are they trying to punish 100 Million Americans because a few thousand commit crimes?

That is akin to banning all cars that drive faster than the 70 miles per hour because a few people decide to speed and drive recklessly.

Or trying to ban all alcohol in the country because a few people drive drunk and cause wrecks that kill people.

I am a responsible citizen. I do not drink and drive. I can drink a few drinks without getting behind the wheel of the car. The same way that I am a responsible gun owner. I do not go on shooting sprees or rob people with guns.

Where do these politicians get this idea to punish everyone for the crimes of the few? No way no how.

If there is any national attempts at firearms bans or national attempts at firearms confiscations I intend to go to war over it. It is something I will not tolerate in my country. I refuse. It is my personal line in the sand that I have drawn. As much as I am willing to take. I will not have a boating accident. I will not bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I will stand up even if I stand alone and say "No!" as forcefully as I can possibly muster.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H. L. Mencken

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Gun control laws in no way equate to guns not killing people. Criminals who are planning to use a gun for violence dont give a damn about the law in the first place, why would you think making more laws would matter to them?

See it is simple, criminals kill people, criminals dont care about the law, they do what they want, when they want to. Thus the "criminal" title attached to their name.

lawful people follow the law, these are the only ones a gun control law will effect.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When are they gonna get it? Restricting guns to the lawful only makes them brazen targets to the unlawful. You would have less deaths with everyone armed, than if just the crooks got to keep the status quo.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see the originator of the phrase "never let a good crisis go to waste" is on the ball as if the murder capital of the country did not have enough gun laws that have done nothing to decrease viloence there.

Yep Rahm go on pass "tougher gun laws" that have done nothing but create more victims and criminalize a constitutional right to own a gun really like the criminals are going to obey the law.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

WHY does Rahm Emanuel need Bodyguards, WITH guns?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join