It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mysterious' Baltic Sea Object Is a Glacial Deposit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Nothing is confirmed, after reading the article, but it's not an ancient city that was washed under the sea. It's likley always been underwater, regardless of how much the earth shifted.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All I want are some actual pictures of the damn thing seriously whats the deal?
I want them to stop telling me what it isnt and SHOW me what it is.
edit on 31-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Cool find. I find the following statement true of many sensationalist stories we come across here

Aside from a widely-reproduced illustration recently created by a graphics artist in which the Baltic seafloor object is rendered as a beautiful, Atlantis-like archaeological site, there has only ever been one actual image of the Baltic Sea object: the original sonar scan image captured by the divers last summer, in which the object resembles a crashed UFO spaceship. But experts told us that sonar image should be disregarded.

Basically, lack of information, lack of evidence and lack of willingness to accept facts has lead to this stories longevity.

This is a similar case to seeing shapes in the clouds my friends

edit on 31-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I dont understand how the Titanic and its wreckage can be imaged and 3d rendered but not this object? Guess the silence is to be evaluated. Thanks for the updated info OP

The Baltic Sea is about 1,600 km (1,000 mi) long, an average of 193 km (120 mi) wide, and an average of 55 m (180 ft, 30 fathoms) deep. The maximum depth is 459 m (1506 ft) which is on the Swedish side of the center. The surface area is about 377,000 km² (145,522 sq mi) and the volume is about 20,000 km³ (5040 cubic miles). The periphery amounts to about 8,000 km (5,000 mi) of coastline.[1]

The Atlantic Ocean consists of four major water masses. The North and South Atlantic central waters make up the surface. The sub-Antarctic intermediate water extends to depths of 1,000 metres (550 fathoms; 3,300 ft). The North Atlantic Deep Water reaches depths of as much as 4,000 metres (2,200 fathoms; 13,000 ft).

[color=cyan] Dr Robert Ballard located the Titanic about 3,600 metres deep in the North Atlantic Ocean on 1 September 1985. ?

edit on 8/31/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ya i read this earlier on yahoo.
i think the only mystery here is the 'hidden treasure' that the captain and crew hope to make off of this fake story!
they keep posting that 'artist's rendition' of the formation,but in reality,the only 'pic' they have as a vague sonar image!!! BUT, you can but merchandise from their website!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How frikking hard is it to drop a line in the water with a camera on it? I could do this for $100.
Shameful.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I will admit that I was really hoping this anomaly would turn out to be an alien craft that crashed long ago,or maybe some sort of structure built by a long lost civilization.However,glacial deposits actually makes alot more sense,given where it is on the planet.I will continue to follow this story until we know for certain.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The way the good captain plays this like any other sensationalist crap they make shows about on the History Channel, makes me think that it is, in actual fact, like any other sensationalist crap they make shows about on the History Channel. If he had a real paradigm-shifting discovery, he wouldn't be hawking it like a nineteenth century snake oil salesman.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Most likely if they did find something of significance we would never know the truth behind it. The Glacial deposit theory is just that, a theory. They are still speculating and so the media has taken this excuse and ran with it.

How long did they deny the pyramid off the coast of Japan? They first claimed it was nothing but eroded formations of the coral but it is clearly a built structure.
edit on 31-8-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This looks like a job for scooby and the gang.

It is the only way we will get some answers...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I dont understand how the Titanic and its wreckage can be imaged and 3d rendered but not this object? Guess the silence is to be evaluated. Thanks for the updated info OP

The water in the Baltic Sea is very brackish, with almost no visibility beyond a few feet. That's why you just can't drop a camera over the side and lower it to the bottom. You won't see anything if you do.

I can understand the impatience of people in not having nice Titanic-quality pictures. But it is very difficult to see anything on the bottom of the Baltic Sea until you are almost on top of it. That is one of the reasons the investigation is taking so long. The other reason is lack of money to finance a well-resourced and thorough dive.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The water in the Baltic Sea is very brackish, with almost no visibility beyond a few feet. That's why you just can't drop a camera over the side and lower it to the bottom. You won't see anything if you do.

I can understand the impatience of people in not having nice Titanic-quality pictures. But it is very difficult to see anything on the bottom of the Baltic Sea until you are almost on top of it. That is one of the reasons the investigation is taking so long. The other reason is lack of money to finance a well-resourced and thorough dive.

I can accept this explanation somewhat but... THERE are other imaging equipments that can see in RADIO/or some other frequency WAVE like SONAR that CAN make a detailed image sort of like the first image showing the "track" leading to or from it
I get into conspiracies so I am starting to see how the REAL conspiracies are treated and its kind of funny the good ole JUST IGNORE IT AND THEY WILL MOVE ON LIKE "ELENIN" AND ITS DEBRIS CLOUD ECT the recent Satellite falls this year? Not to mention Plutos extra moons
"VOSTOK" lol So I dont get all bent out of shape about things C.T related that seem to get the BIG IGNORE THIS PLEASE STAMP ON THEM I just smile look up and keep doing what I am doing but ALERT to potential situations that may grow from the things I mentioned in this post. I guess TIME will tell

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
According to their FB group. The organization thats founding them won't allow them to release any better photos or vids. Starting to think this is nothing more then a stupid rock and they are trying to make a few bucks off of the people who are interested in this.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Most likely if they did find something of significance we would never know the truth behind it. The Glacial deposit theory is just that, a theory. They are still speculating and so the media has taken this excuse and ran with it.

I bet I can prove that glacial deposits are real, can you do the same for crashed alien space crafts?

How long did they deny the pyramid off the coast of Japan? They first claimed it was nothing but eroded formations of the coral but it is clearly a built structure.
edit on 31-8-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

1. Who are "they?
2. Those are still not pyramids

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you were to look at this picture from the Bay of Fundy in Canada without knowing the Ocean was near or had ever had been, perhaps we would think this was the work of some kind of intelligent design.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No pics except the sonar pic - in THIS day and age

Looks like this story will go the same way as the one about the Eltanin Antenna, an antenna-type structure found 13,500ft at the bottom of Antactic waters in 1964, a time when no sub could go so deep;

The object appears to be a pole rising from the ocean floor with twelve spokes radiating from it, each ending in a sphere. The spokes are at fifteen degree angles to each other. It is located approximately 1,000 miles south of Cape Horn, beneath some of the most inhospitable seas in the world.

Sorry for going off topic guys, but the lack of information regarding the Baltic Sea object reminds me so much of how the Eltanin object never really was resolved.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Actually, if it's the one I'm thinking of (since they don't provide a picture on your link), it was solved. The "antenna" is nothing more than a peculiar species of sponge, nothing exciting.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So much mystery, so much innuendos, so many theories and hearsay...why?

Also adding titillation, Lindberg says a documentary is being made about the seafloor anomaly — the location of which he has not disclosed — and he's saving some juicy details for the footage. "We're not telling everything," he said. "We will reveal some quite interesting things in the documentary."

That's why. $$$$$$$$$$$.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

me too..

problem is, if it actually was SOMETHING, 'they' wouldnt tell us.

new topics

top topics

join