It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Visits Area Damaged By Hurricane Issac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Romney to Visit Areas Damaged By Hurricane Isaac
abcnews.go.com...

In a last-minute change of plans, Mitt Romney will head to visit storm-affected areas in New Orleans today, skipping a previously scheduled joint rally with running mate Paul Ryan in the battleground state of Virginia this afternoon.

and:

The White House has not announced any plans to visit the storm area.

Apparently, Obama is wasting a good crisis - shame, shame.

I'm sure he'll get there at some point in time, but it really does look bad that his rival beat him to it.

Wasserman Schultz: Republicans Put “Winning” Over Hurricane Isaac Victims…
weaselzippers.us...

She does realize Obama was on a three-state campaign swing and squeezed in a Reddit “ask me anything” interview during this same time frame and he’s the President?

Looks like Debbie's going to eat crow today.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Is that how you win votes in the U.S - go visit places of disaster?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can't tell who you're criticizing here - Obama for not showing or Romney for taking advantage of a crisis.

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I'm sure he'll get there at some point in time, but it really does look bad that his rival beat him to it.

Exactly - we both know that this is much more of a strategy on the part of the Romney team to make him look presidential than it is simply because he cares. I'm sure he does care, as do most of us, and as does Obama, but come on - this is political.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Whether Romney or Obama gets there first, I could care less.

I just hope we do not measure a candidates worthiness by their ability to get to the disaster first.

We should all be thankful this isn't turning out like Katrina.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My comments were not good or bad, except against Debbie Wasserman. It's all politics.

Perhaps you don't care who came first, but any concern/compassion given to someone who just lost everything or a thank-you to the first responders does help. People remember who extends a hand and who merely gives lip service.

And yes, providing encouragement and support to victims of a disaster is something politicians do to give the impression of caring for the suffering in the U.S. and it does seem to place them in a favorable light in the public eye at least for a moment.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Obama to visit Louisiana Monday in wake of Isaac

Obama was to touch down in Louisiana after a previously scheduled campaign stop in Cleveland earlier Monday. But Obama's campaign announced Friday that it was canceling the Ohio event.

So much for that little piece of unresearched news.
edit on 31-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
At least Obama or an active Senator/Comgress member can take some actions to ease the crisis - such as Obama's declaring it a disaster zone, etc. What can Romney do? Well he can tie up resources and police to protect him, instead of aiding in disaster recovery. He's not helping, he's just there for the photo op.

top topics

join