It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Lost, the Fall of Hope and Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The room began to grow quiet as the returns flowed in. The president watched as Chris Matthews described the apparent confusion, sweat beading down his face, he wiped it with a handkerchief he drew from his suit pocket.
" I thought you said we would have Virginia and Florida? That is what you told me, isn't it ? "
" Yes Sir, the polls were showing us that two days ago, Sir. " The campaign aid seemed nervous as if he were not telling the whole truth.
The president turned, staining his neck as the screen kept announcing totals coming in. " We just lost both of them. You know, do you know that don't you ? "
" Sir.. I, I.. don't know what to say. "
Barry smiled, much the way he always did, faking a look of peace, while inside he was desperate to hear some good news this night. " Oh, don't worry, you did your best, what more could I have asked for."
They all turned back to the screen to hear the totals coming in from Ohio. Chris Matthews wiped a few tears from his eyes, " Folks, that's it I guess. It's finally over. Mitt now has 300 electoral votes in his pocket, and he seems on course to gain even more before this night is done. There's no chance for the president to win this now."
The president stood up, as did everyone else. " I guess it's over. You know how much I wanted to change this nation. I so much wanted to level the playing field for everyone, no more rich, no personal business ownership, and those who need it, government entitlement."
The campaign aid looked at his watch. " Mr. president, we still have California to go yet."
" Who cares, it's over isn't it ? "
" Yes Sir, I guess so. "
The president turned and left the room, closing the door behind him. A woman in a nearby corner began to cry and was comforted by another woman standing with her. It was no different on the Tv screen as the MSNBC news team began to ask each other various questions as to what had just happened. Chris Matthews began to weep openly and had to leave the set.
Outside on Pennsylvania Ave, spontaneous celebration began to break out along with fireworks and shouting with people literally dancing in the streets. The aid went over to the window to hear what they were chanting. " Nobama ! Nobama ! Nobama ! Nobama !......" He closed the window and looked at his watch. Everyone head left already. California returns began to come in. He paused for a moment and then turned off the television, and then the lights, closing the door behind him. The room was silent. Cases of beer and wine sat in the dark unopened in melting ice. Cake that would never be eaten sat motionless, untouched, still in it's protective cover. Outside, a lone car drove away never to return.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nicely told.

I felt like I was in the room reading the story.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I sure wish I could be in the room when it all goes down. But at least I have my imagination.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It sounds more every day as if this fictional story is going to come true. At least it looks that way to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Let's hope this is not just a story.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Let's hope this is not just a story.

I agree. Obama is down among blacks, women, men, Jews, and moderate democrats. There is one more debate to go and if he acts like he did in this last one, it's over.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have resurrected this story because I now believe that this story is exactly how it will be come election night. When I wrote it, it was something I personally would have hoped for, but now, I can see it coming to pass. So let me be the first to report the election results.

new topics

top topics

join