It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Okay. I U2U'd Hefficide. Hopefully it will be approved. I'm already researching the topic and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with some Christian writers stances on this topic. I'm also glad there is no time limit. When I got to thinking about it, my kids get pretty demanding over the weekend - this gives me cushion when things come up!

Cirque

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Good luck Cirque!

These guys are very good debaters and researchers......but they are not invincible and I have faith you can take it to 'em.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks SheepSlayer!

I'm preparing for falling flat on my face though. But even if that's the case, I'll get back up, dust myself off, and try again!

The caliber of debate from the members in the Fighter's Club, is intimidating! But too rich an opportunity at learning through peer review, to not at least give it a go!

Cirque

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever seen anyone not put up a good fight. You'll be fine.

Hell, if I can go toe to toe with these guys...you can too.

Just one piece of advice: It's the debates that you are sure you have won....that you end up losing. That's my experience anyway.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I u2ud Heff earlier today as well. He's usually on in the eve, so we should get approval then. In fact, there's only once that a debate wasn't approved, so it's mostly a formality that ensures T&C compliance.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Debate approved/

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Things are really starting to pick up! Fighters please welcome another member to the fold of the ATS Fighters ranks... I introduce you to Exponent!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Welcome Exponent!

To the fascinating and crazy world of fighters!! Also know as the ones who tread where most wont.

Hope to see you on the boards here soon

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Exponent, welcome aboard!

Lots of exciting events taking place amongst the debaters, welcome to the circus

I'll offer you a debate. My congresswoman, Michele Bachman, has announced that she's not going to run for election, something of an indication that the Tea Party may have run its course. She won the Iowa straw poll in 2011, she barely won re-election in 2012, and she almost certainly would have been booted out in 2014.

So... Occupy Wall Street -vs- Tea Party, which is the future of America?

Choose your side

edit on 31-5-2013 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That would be an awesome debate. Both groups have their share of both failure and success. A quick question. Is there a tournament with various debates between random members going to happen this Summer?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Not that I'm aware of... though you're welcome to organize such

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ready for a debate for those that are looking for an opponent.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by adjensen
A quick question. Is there a tournament with various debates between random members going to happen this Summer?

Skyfloating had hinted at a tournament, before going on a hiatus, but tourneys are a logistical nightmare and require lots of work to organize. I'm pretty sure it's handled by staff, as well.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Do you have a specific topic in mind?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I had proposed to take the time to organize a tournament last year but Skyfloating was very clear that if there was to be one, it would be handled by staff. But that was last year...

Exponent, Welcome to the ranks !!!

Looking forward to seeing you in the debates !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm not seeing this Exponent person.

Maybe shy?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Either that or they do not know about this thread. Give them time and they'll find their way here.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Well, that sounds rational. We'll go with that.

Awaiting an appearance.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You'll do just fine. Good luck!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was thinking of doing a debate about Joseph Stalin and Leon Trotsky. Who was or could have been the better leader of the Soviet Union. Both bolshevik revolutionaries developed a rivalry for power and eventually Stalin won. I would like to take the side of Joseph Stalin and debate someone who would take the side of Leon Trotsky. We can scheduled the debate and research about the two individuals. We all can learn about Joseph Stalin's leadership because it is history. But different authors I have read disagree how Leon Trotsky would lead the Soviet Union. Which doesn't sound like a debate. But more like alternative history. What do you say? Do you think this would be a good idea a debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join