It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Welcome aboard!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks Druid and adjensen for welcoming me. You two are awesome. Allow me to get used to the water and I'll be ready. I'm going to read the past debates and see how the other members debated.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Whenever you're ready to get your feet wet......just say so!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It's always nice to see a new fighter get aboard !!

Welcome to the rings & enjoy !!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Welcome new Fighter!!!!!

And to all others... debate judgements are being dealt with now. My PC died last week, leaving me with only a junk laptop to work with. But as of now I am finishing the set up on a replacement machine and will have all the forum business handled soon. Thanks for your patience!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fighters... please welcome the newest member of our ranks... CirqueDeTruth!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Welcome to the Fight Club, Cirque!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
First rule of fight club debate forum, don't ask Heff about Liza Minnelli impersonations.

Welcome new fighters!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hello. I'm newly approved for the debate forums. Thank you Hefficide!

I look forward to honing my skills in debate, as I haven't debated since college - which was many years ago. So I'm a bit nervous, naturally. But I'm glad to be here and add my name to the roster. I look forward to arguing with you all soon!

ETA - Oh, you all knew I was coming!
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Blessings,
Cirque
edit on 29-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: Edit to add

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Welcome to the group! We're all glad to have to here.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I've read a few of your posts around the boards, and I'm quite impressed with your overall demeanor. I think you're a nice addition to the club.

Ready to throw down? Got your wits sharpened?

Welcome aboard!

Anytime you're ready, just say so. I'd be more than willing to offer you your first challenge. You can pick the topic, or I'll toss in a few I've been meaning to discuss.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm just struggling with a topic to debate. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been reading up on the debates here and they are the one's that keeping popping into my head!
I'd rather do something fresh and not have been done in awhile, but all I keep thinking on are the debates I've reviewed over the weekend!

But I'm ready to commit to a debate and get to researching! That's the funnest part anyways, compiling the research to support one's argument.

Cirque

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've been slackin' around here lately. I suppose I need to throw my hat in the ring as well.

Ideas?

Oh, and welcome to the new folks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Welcome aboard !!!

I've seen some very interesting posts from you here and there, I am sure you'll be an excellent challenger !!

Enjoy !!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

But I'm ready to commit to a debate and get to researching!

So I'll offer you an Official debate challenge.

Debate: CirqueDeTruth vs Druid42: "Did Christianity really replace Paganism?"

(I should add, "in Western Religion", just to sublimate the difference from Eastern Religion, but as a debate challenge, I think that narrows it down succinctly.)

As stated, Cirque, you'd be defending the premise. I'm willing to switch positions if you'd like. The topic, as presented, has a variety of interpretations.

Challenge Offered.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Geez Druid....Don't take it too easy on her!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Naw, SS, she's good. I have no doubt she has all her ducks in a row.

If she accepts, it'll be a very interesting debate.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I accept the challenge and the position in the argument! Oh, this is going to be fun!

Debate Challenge: CirqueDeTruth VS. Druid42 - Did Christianity replace Paganism? - Accepted!

How long is customary - in allowing the debater time to formulate the opening argument? I am estimating 3-4 days, needed to get my opening argument ready for posting. Also, another question, how many sources are required to back up my supporting argument if any, and are any sources taboo?

You do realize I'm a flower child's baby, right? Probably not, but I am! This will be a challenge for me, as I'd feel more at home sitting on the con side of this camp! BUT, I prefer the challenge of getting out of my comfort zone. Besides, I think I might be able to twist this and surprise you with my opening argument. I've already an idea of the direction I'm going with this debate forming in my noggin'.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, well, well.

First off, we need to submit it to a Mod for Approval. Once we get the the OK, you can start your opening. One of us should send a u2u to Hefficide.

A1: There's no time limit, so take your time and do it right.

A2: You can use as many or as few sources as you like, as there are no strict requirements, but you'll find a good balance, I'm sure. You don't want it to be nuttin' but links, but you also don't want zero links, as there's a wealth of information to dig up.

Best of luck!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

But I'm ready to commit to a debate and get to researching!

So I'll offer you an Official debate challenge.

Debate: CirqueDeTruth vs Druid42: "Did Christianity really replace Paganism?"

I'll be very curious to see how you deal with the "con" on that one -- geez, even I would say that it did

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join