It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My Thanks to druid on an awesome debate. Great learning experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Thank You, as well. That was challenging, and a tough topic to boot.

It was a good opportunity to see your debate style. I'd be more than willing for a rematch someday.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Hefficide

Sounds great.. Im up for a second debate as well. Any takers?

Do you have any particular topics in mind?

I'm down for a debate.

I'm thinking something along the lines of.... The pope is insignificant in 2013, or the Vatican is, or religion. Im not sure. Need to tread lightly. Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Interesting...how about the Pope is a symbol of idolatry and contradicts the Bible?

Or something to that effect.

I'd want the pro on that.

edit on 14-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Interesting...how about the Pope is a symbol of idolatry and contradicts the Bible?

Or something to that effect.

I'd want the pro on that.

edit on 14-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Yea I'd want pro on that as well.. Plus I think it may be too specific.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Plus I think it may be too specific.

That's the way I like it.

Well I will think of some other topics and you do the same. We will find something that works.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Im glad you guys are keeping the Forum alive. I said Id be back after three weeks, but I wont. I dont know when I will make it back. Nonetheless, keep the spirit alive! Greetings to you all!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thinking of jumping in for a challenge match...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Hello MemoryShock,

I had read some of your past debates, you're quite the challenger !! It'd be an honor to have a match with you...

Any topics in mind?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'll stand in line. Always up for a good challenge.

Let me know.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am looking for a challenge for the week coming up. I dont have many suggestions, but if someone is interested, let me know

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am looking for a debate as well but fall short on a good topic. I'll be doing some catching up on Druid's research project but I can do a debate as well.

Bring it on.....someone!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just a suggestion. But many of us have a specialty, something that we are truly inspired by, when some of us come to the debate forum we dont have suggestions, so here is mine.

Maybe we can look over each others threads, and debate what we now the other is interested in, by either picking the con or "pro" side which will cause the other to actually debate what they really believe, it would be an exercise in research.

Just a thought.. Im bored LOL

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

That's actually a very good idea. All of us are seasoned ATS members, and IF we make a new thread, it tends to contribute to the overall theme of ATS.

However, I've made a few lousy threads, in my time as a member, but I also have several informative threads. I usually only make threads about things I'm passionate about, but have also been guilty of posting a catchy title of something just to rake in a few more flags or stars.

Better yet, to expound upon your idea, how about if we post here about our specialties/interests? That way, we can see the challenge ahead, and decide accordingly. No need to go into detail, and rather than random topics, we can see the variety of the debate forum members.

That'd make a debate a bit more personal.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Hello MemoryShock,

I had read some of your past debates, you're quite the challenger !! It'd be an honor to have a match with you...

Any topics in mind?

Sorry it took me a bit to reply; I'm not sure if I have any suggestions for a topic though. I thank you for the compliment but have noted that you're stout in the ring as well...

It seems some rules have changed, the debates look shorter than I remember so I'll have to familiarize myself again but I think it would be cool to spar again for a debate or two...I have a full schedule and as long as the debate deadlines are a bit longer than 24 hours I am sure I could make the time...

Druid - 70 points - That's impressive!!

Cheers to the both of you...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'd be really interested in debating one of the "old timers".

And yes, the debates have no time limit now.

The rules are simpler, 3 posts total. It's a bit more challenging to condense your position that much, but it does make for a speedier debate.

Let us know when you are ready.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Wow...the 5000 word character limit is interesting...and the three posts. I can think of a few debates I would have lost if these limits were in place back then...

Truth be told though, it is more about the discussion (I know, the winning part is cool too) and I was merely thinking a debate might remind me of the past and get me more involved with researching after all the time off I have taken. I would like to tackle some pretty hardcore topics such as Bohemian Grove Or Mind Control but am unsure right now if that would be kosher...

I am up for suggestions and would be willing to start soon if I could make one ideological personal comment on the lack of time limits - I liked them because it prevented me from getting lazy on my posts. Which means I might take advantage of the few days allotted (I just feel bad for making people wait). My workload is much more than it was back in the day but I think this will be a good experience so I want to do it...

Let me know, SonoftheSun...you were the first reply so in deference I await your acceptance of the previously established challenge...

Will be looking forward to challenging you next, Druid42...there is always some kind of weird appeal to taking on the top of the pyramid as it were...

edit on Sat, 23 Mar 2013 23:53:17 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Yes, 5000 characters has proven to be a challenge in itself. So did the new "Persuasion Match" format !! You should give that a try some day !!!

I like the idea of having a debate on the Bohemian Grove...a lot ! The title of the match would have to be clearly worded though, maybe something along "Bohemian Grove - Nefarious Facts or Amplified Fiction?" or along those lines...touchy territory...pro or con, no difference to me.

This sounds like Fun !!

If not that topic, here is a recap of past ideas brought up by different members on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Waiting a bit for the opponent's posts to come up has never bothered me so, no stress there. Let me know !!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I will have to check out the Persuasion Matches...they sound cool...

We could take on the Bohemian Grove but the wording would have to b clear, I agree. Any suggestions? I would like to argue that the grove is more than just a vacation spot for CEO's and Senator's to piss in the woods but not sure of the wording I would use...it's early here...

Let me know...I'm ready to start when you are...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Allrightie then. How about "The Bohemian Grove - Much Darker Secrets Than You'd Think !" ?

I would take the con on that. Being the pro position, you could start it out whenever you wish, after the debate idea gets approved.

Does that sound okay with you?

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join