It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Thanks! Good debate for you as well.

It looks like the judges gave us both some tips for our future debates....they want sources, verifiable facts and more substance overall.

We will have to attempt to oblige in our future debates.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Judging of Free Will Debate

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My closing statement in the Atlantis Existed debate has been posted, and we're ready for judging!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Congratulations on the victory SonoftheSun

It was a difficult debate, but a fun one at that!

I must admit, i did run into trouble when you started getting into stride in your 2nd and 3rd statement,

The only annoying thing is running low on words
Having 15 characters left to fit in further content is not exactly ideal
Makes it all the more challenging though.

In any case, as soon as i have finished judging (which will be later on today), i will be free for another debate.

Daas.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

To be very honest, we both won that debate. It was challenging, you brought some points that I had to look further into before responding and a few points had me scratch my head. This match could have went either way. Seriously.

It was very enjoyable, I have the utmost respect for you, you are a solid fighter.

Most of all, it was FUN ! And I thank you for it !!

~Son.

P.S. I'm always open for a rematch in the future.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you very much!!!

I have utmost respect for you too!

It definitely was fun! And that is all that matters...

I thank you very much for the great debate! The best one i have had in years!

A rematch at some point would be awesome!!!

Daas.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Attention, Update

From this point forward a Debate will not be called "Challenge Match" in the Title but rather simply "Debate". The reasons for this change are:

1: So that Debate Titles are not cut off at the end

2: So that people interested in Debates might find us in the "Recent Posts" list or even on Google.

I will edit current debates to reflect this change.

Thank you for your attention.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Changes noted, sir.

That makes it simpler and more streamlined. Nice.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Atlantean Judgment

Well, that was certainly quick! Thanks to Skyfloating and the judges for putting that one to the boards so speedily!

Thanks also to Patrick for a good debate!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have a scholar status, and am looking to get my fighter status. I was wondering if anyone would like to be my first? Challenge that is

I am open for suggestions.

Thank you.
Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I have a scholar status, and am looking to get my fighter status. I was wondering if anyone would like to be my first? Challenge that is

Do you have a topic in mind? I'm currently between debates.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You are showing Fighter only. Hmm.

We are working on rejuvenating the Research Forum, and Rising Against has revamped it. The format is a bit different now, and if you don't participate you lose you Scholar status. The poor forum has laid dormant since 2006. There are currently four Research Projects going on.

But darnit, NRE, any time you want a debate, I'm game. The Debate Forum is fast paced, compared to the new Research Forum.

I have a topic for you. "World Peace."

The premise is based upon the fact that humanity has been fighting wars ever since their ability to create fire. Wars were all about dominating resources, taking down dominant regimes, and now about preventing minor regimes from gaining power. North Korea and Iraq come to mind. We are trying to prevent their nuclear capabilities. The rest of the world functions together fairly well. Global Trade, and the Global Economy are more important than fighting wars, which are now mostly limited to minor factions

Only two nations in the world don't belong to the United Nations. I see this as a prelude to achieving world peace, but in retrospect, wars are still not abolished amongst particular factions.

Simply stated, "Is World Peace possible?"

I'll introduce that as the topic of discussion, and offer you a formal challenge. I'll take either side of the issue, so you can pick which side you'll defend, if you are interested.

Let me know.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
We are working on rejuvenating the Research Forum, and Rising Against has revamped it. The format is a bit different now, and if you don't participate you lose you Scholar status. The poor forum has laid dormant since 2006. There are currently four Research Projects going on.

Oooh... I want "Scholar" status. Lord only knows I'm an expert on a plethora of subjects, lol.

Seriously, I've never understood "Scholar" on ATS, but if you need something, let me know.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You were on vacation.

A whole forum revamp took place, during your absence.

Imagine that.

I wanted you on my Global Warming team, but alas, I searched from high and low, then figured out where to get my team members from. (I will join your project or include you on my next.)

You have to be confused at this point.

(Skyfloating, I beg leniency for being off-topic, but I am describing another post restricted forum, and I feel that adjensen will be a major contributor in the rejuvenation of that forum as well. Yes, I could explain all this to him via u2u, but as a staff member I pray you realize that as much as we got this forum functional again, Rising Against needs a bit of help as well. By posting this in the Debate Forum, it may help a few other Fighters to get Scholar status as well. To me, we are all members of ATS, and the extra help RA gets benefits us all.)

Read these links:

1. Scholar Status and You.

2. Research Forum Guide.

3. Research Forum Member's Thread.

Yep, adjensen. You are now up to speed. Rising Against explains it well, and u2u him when you want to be a Scholar. You, out of anyone, deserve it. Your knowledge will be very beneficial to get that forum up to speed. The research forum is right down your alley.

And yes, I recruited my team from the Debate Forum. Imagine that. The folks that have been honing their critical thinking skills, well, now, they are putting them to use.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

I am open for suggestions.

Thank you.
Peace, NRE.

You do have Fighter status, otherwise you couldnt post here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hi NRE,

I am also available for a good debate...

Here is a list of ideas that were proposed by members within this thread.

You might find something in there that interests you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would appreciate feedback from members and Moderators alike.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 12-2-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm free if anyone wants to debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join