It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Hey Adjensen ! Have a GREAT vacation !!!!!

Thanks

Going to spend a week at my timeshare at Disney and see if I can give my lungs a break (from the cold, I expect 'em to still work while I'm there, lol)

Mods, I'll still be available for judging.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ok, I have lost track..who is in a debate or about to debate and who is looking for a debate? is there a rotation order or just a free for all?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Free for all. There is a post with a bunch of topics, or come up with your own, and Skyfloating occasionally posts a list of people looking for a debate. Just take one from Column A and one from Column B and see if they'll have a go.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The easy way is to go to myATS, and if you have the Debate Forum as a "favorite" forum to follow, just click on the Forum Title. You get to see who is currently in a debate.

Sky closes all the judged debates with a bright blue X, so it's easy to see which ones are still open. (That could also be a clue to preempt a request for a judgment, and simply send one in, once the debate is posted for judging. Hint to other members! The judging rules are specific, and the mods are keen to prejudice. Sides, they run a really tight ship on the ATS Bounty.)

There are currently 4 debates open right now, either needing judged or still in action.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
not sure if these topics have been done..

vaccines: Is the risk worth the reward

Should people of today pay Reparations for slavery

Should women be allowed combat roles in the military

preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse: good idea or waste of time

anyone interested in any of them? or some variation of?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
not sure if these topics have been done..

vaccines: Is the risk worth the reward

I don't think that any of these are in action, and I'd love to take you on in this one (being one of those outcasts who actually relies on vaccinations, both of me and others, to stay alive,) but it would have to wait, so others are ahead of me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

well I would enjoy debating with you on that topic then, just let me know when you would want to do it

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

well I would enjoy debating with you on that topic then, just let me know when you would want to do it

I'm going on holiday the day after tomorrow for a week, so I'm not the greatest choice, but hit me up in a week or two if you're still interested.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

sounds like a plan to me!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Did you have a topic in mind?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Should women be allowed combat roles in the military?

That is interesting. Where are you wanting to go with that topic?

Equal dispensation for men and women in the battlefield, or front line support, in the line of fire? I can take either position, but let me know where you are headed with that.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

was thinking just along the lines of should women be in a combat role...why or why not etc... but I am open to ny variation u might have in mind...
and I could do either side

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Historically, women haven't been allowed on the front lines because they are weaker and more feeble than males are, and there is an egotistical bias against letting women do a man's job. However, I really see no reason for a woman not being able to perform military service on the front line, and giving her life for her country, save being captured behind enemy lines, and being brutally raped and tortured in the line of duty.

The topic is wide open.

Your position?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

and I feel that women should not be allowed to serve on the front lines, as it places themselves and others at a great risk

plus I am not sure about women being able to handle the stress of combat
edit on 31-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

and I feel that women should not be allowed to serve on the front lines, as it places themselves and others at a great risk

plus I am not sure about women being able to handle the stress of combat
edit on 31-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

Guess you haven't been in hand to hand combat with me then cowboy
I've put a few Marines down in my time..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Being politically incorrect, a well placed "shot" between the legs will take any Marine down. Also, I think it very interesting to give a woman with PMS a loaded rifle on the front line. Perhaps, without that, is why wars have been lost.

Interestingly enough, this is a current event. They lifted the ban on females serving on the front line, in combat situations. In the US, anyways. A major leap forward for human equality.

However, the physical exams remain different. For example, 48 push-ups for a male, and 14 for a female. If you have a 100 pack to lug into battle, who is better suited to do it? Honestly, do females get a 50 pound pack of supplies?

Will someone take this debate, already?

It's an open topic, so feel free to use it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Skyfloating

Did you have a topic in mind?

Sheepie
I'm ready to begin the post office debate whenever you are, just U2U me and i'll set it up

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Go ahead and do the topic with vkey sheepslayer....Im busy right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Judgments for the ATS-Debate are in. Thanks to the judges for their patience. Seems like every debate requires three judges these days.

Here you go

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Judgments for the ATS-Debate are in. Thanks to the judges for their patience. Seems like every debate requires three judges these days.

Here you go

Just shows how many quality debates we have if they all have to be tiebreakers

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join