It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've sez all I can say, and I can't sez no more:

My final post is up in the AI will be beneficial Debate.

Heff, up to you to close it down.

I'll post my thoughts after.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by adjensen

"Moral absolutism vs. Moral relativism"

Let's do it!

I'll take the relativism argument and you can open the debate.

Please allow a day or two so that I can focus on the persuasion match with Druid first.

Cool. It will likely be Monday for me, I'm going on a day trip tomorrow.

Mods, can SheepSlayer and I get approval on our proposed debate? "Moral absolutism vs. Moral relativism".

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Anyone want to challenge me? I have one debate coming up in January, but I have discussed this with my opponent and we will bring it up at a later date.

In the mean time, I propose the topic;

''Society would function better without a monetary system''.

Anyone willing to take me on?

Doesn't have to be with in the next few days or so. We can give it a week if you like or so.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Anyone want to challenge me? I have one debate coming up in January, but I have discussed this with my opponent and we will bring it up at a later date.

Doesn't have to be with in the next few days or so. We can give it a week if you like or so.

Gimie a little bit i really wanna finish my debate with adjensen and have been prepping my mind to do so..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Forward bump: This debate is ready for approval.

I see there's none of our mods online ATM, so I'll just bump it and leave it here for now.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

OK, approved.

(just so you know, I approve one-post-matches with reservation because its difficult to find judges these days).

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Gimie a little bit i really wanna finish my debate with adjensen and have been prepping my mind to do so..

That debate is closed for good (reason: Two chances were given to complete it, both were missed...the points have already been given to adjensen). Please find a new topic and a FRESH START.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'll remember that the next time my house floods.. that debates wait for nothing..

So sorry that i had double disasters back to back... If I sound snarky I am, the least someone could have done is notified me that my inability to get online for two weeks would have resulted in forfeiture, as i see you closed it the day the downstairs here was decimated by flood and my computer was fried..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The Debate started on September 28. The rules say that a Debate should finish within a few weeks, but I kept stretching it because of your issues. A 2 month wait is accecptable, but its been more than 3 months waiting time for 2 posts (in a time you have written hundreds of posts elsewhere)

Get a fresh start.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

curiosrb, I'd be happy to debate this topic with you. I'm a fan of economics and would be glad to argue either side.

Let me know what you think - I'm new to this forum and this would be my first debate.

--Haus

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Druid42

OK, approved.

(just so you know, I approve one-post-matches with reservation because its difficult to find judges these days).

The approval is very much appreciated, especially on this topic. It presents itself as a current event, yet delves deeper into issues of political correctness.

There's no hurry on the judgment, and I won't push many in the future. It's simply because I didn't want to stretch the sensitive topic into six posts right now, and it's the best way to present a discussion with minimal protraction.

Thank you, sincerely.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Welcome aboard Haus. Good to see you join us.

It's a pleasant surprise to see you wander in. This corner of ATS is getting more interesting by the day.

Pull up a chair, have a homebrew, and enjoy. Prepare for some very interesting conversations.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I apologize that I have not created the thread yet. Today has been quite hectic. I'll start working on it now.

By the way, welcome to Tinkerhaus!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There's no hurry, honest. We just got approval, in fact. Take your time, if your day has been crazy. This time of year has everyone busy.

(All I ask is that you shoot me a u2u when it's up, k?)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Will do!

I'm trying to get a few things done and I will focus on the task at hand.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Druid, Sheepslayer, thanks. =]

Spike Spiegle turned me on to this forum, then I realized some of my favorite posters are active here.

I'd be honored to be slayed by any of your arguments, but I am drawing a blank as far as topics to debate. I figured I'd sit back and wait to cash in on someone else's good idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I'm up to it TinkerHaus. I'll argue the con side. That means you open the debate and are arguing the point, Society WOULD function better without a monetary system. However We will have to await mod approval.

Mod approval request : Challenge match: TinkerHaus vs curiousrb - Society would function better without a monetary system.

Once/if approved, you can put your first post up and send me a U2U so I know.

The title of the thread will just be:- Challenge match: TinkerHaus vs curiousrb: Society would function better without a monetary system.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Approved.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Bump for approval on the "morality" debate.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yeah...approved.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join