It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Jeeez...the Judgments were almost as long as the Debate. Needed two posts for the Judgments in the Animation Debate.

And the winner is....

I'd really like to extend thanks to the judges for their well written critiques, that was fantastic!

And thanks again to Spike, that was one of the most enjoyable debates that I've had.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Challenge Match: PatrickGarrow17 vs. Skyfloating: America is the World's Best Economy

Judgements are in.

Congrats to Skyfloating on another win

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Congrats to Skyfloating on the win.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello all,

I would like to thank adjensen for a great first debate and a well deserved win, I'm about to get my butt handed to me again...

So...again congratulations to adjensen, for a well thought out debate and to the forum for hosting

SS
edit on 033131p://pm3138 by Spike Spiegle because: can't spell

edit on 043131p://pm3120 by Spike Spiegle because: just can't type =(

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You put up a tough debate Patrick. I wasnt sure of the win. The reason I wanted to participate in the debate is actually to find out whether America really is the best economy or not. I learned a lot throughout.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Some day I want to debate unbeatables like Hefficide or top-ranks like adjensen...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks, I have some regrets about the way I presented it and suggested the topic because I genuinely believe that the statement it true.

Also, I'm pretty insulted by your comment above.

Hopefully someday I'll debate a worthy opponent...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

Thanks, I have some regrets about the way I presented it and suggested the topic because I genuinely believe that the statement it true.

Also, I'm pretty insulted by your comment above.

Hopefully someday I'll debate a worthy opponent...

Ha...It was not meant that way. I was instead thinking about who I wanted to debate next.

I also believe your statements to be fairly accurate, but thats not something I could say in debate.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I know, I was joking no offense taken at all.

ETA: Your comment made me think about my place among the fighters, and I just realized that I've now completed 5 debates, with one against each of the top 5 ranked fighters. Really put myself through the gauntlet there, and I'm pretty pleased with winning 2 out of 5 considering the opponents.

edit on 12/12/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You are doing extremely well, Patrick !

In reality, you should be amongst the top 5 as my name being there is by default. I only won twice through many debates but two early ties had been converted to wins. So my ranking is # 4 but by default.

Trust me, you are doing extremely well !

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yes, you're doing well here. We have a few really good debaters here who happen to have lost most of their debates. Thats why I was a proponent of having "ties", but I was overruled by the majority here. So even obvious ties now have either a winner or a loser. Anyway, even 2 out of 5 wins, against these formidable debaters is pretty good. Of course, even when we lose we learn plenty.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the encouragement. I have an open debate with Sublimecraft, who has let me know he is busy and is working on posting ASAP.

In the meantime, there are two topics I was thinking about that I'd like to debate because they are ones that I want to learn more about...

TOPIC PROPOSALS

1. Atlantis existed. - I would be arguing the pro, and Atlantis would serve as a blanket term for a lost civilization that rivals or exceeds our current advancement.

2. Faith healing is possible - I would argue the pro.

If anyone wants to take on these questions, let me know.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Thanks for the encouragement. I have an open debate with Sublimecraft, who has let me know he is busy and is working on posting ASAP.

In the meantime, there are two topics I was thinking about that I'd like to debate because they are ones that I want to learn more about...

TOPIC PROPOSALS

1. Atlantis existed. - I would be arguing the pro, and Atlantis would serve as a blanket term for a lost civilization that rivals or exceeds our current advancement.

I can take you on with this one. I've a new approach that I want to try, and this seems like a good subject for it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Sounds good, pending approval I'll shoot for opening it up tomorrow night.

Approval request:

Adjensen and I would like to debate the following topic:

Atlantis existed

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Some day I want to debate unbeatables like Hefficide or top-ranks like adjensen...

That doesn't bode well for me, using Heff and unbeatable in the same sentence.

Then again, I've never debated him before.

It looks like I REALLY need to get my game on!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
First post up, in the Consumerism Debate.

curiousrb: Nice to get your feet wet, aye? You had a nice opening. Awaiting your next response.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Debate Proposal

I would really enjoy debating one of these three topics:

Is the world really overpopulated?

The Internet: Greatest creation since writing or downfall of the human race?

Celebrity actors are less powerful today than they were 20 years ago.

Pro or con doesn't matter to me. Anyone wants to give this a shot?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
First post up in the AI is inevitable Debate.

Over to you Heff!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Challenge throw down!

Topic is:

The Georgia Guidestones: "A stirring call to rational thinking" or "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist"

Yoko Ono and others have praised the inscribed messages as "a stirring call to rational thinking", while opponents have labeled them as the "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist". (Source: Wikipedia)

If you wish to accept my throw down, choose your side, and you have the opening post. I'm getting hammered at work (wish I worked in a bar, har har har) so this will likely be a slower than average debate.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The Internet: Greatest creation since writing or downfall of the human race?

I may be interested in this debate, but we would have to re-word it a little. Such as "The Internet: Asset or Liability to the Human Race". Or something along those lines.

PM me and let's figure it out.

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join