It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Approved.

The pro position starts the debate. Please refer to existing debates to learn how to start a debate. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Aww you guys are too nice but yep, fully fledged french Canadian / Québécois...amateur of fine cuisine such as "poutine"...
proud of Quebec pioneers such as Bombardier and lover of fine arts...such as Montreal "Québécoises"...

They do say that the most beautiful women in the world are from Brazil and that we are second in line. Perhaps I should have a debate about that one !!!

Anyways, Thank You for the kind words. I appreciate. You know, sometimes I feel that I might sound too rough in certain debates, having to find the right words to make a point - without hurting the other one - is not easy in french and even harder in english. But I'll get there...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My second post in the Hollywood Debate is up.

The floor is yours, Rising Against. I am not making it easy for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This debate rebuttal, which shows the state of our economy may shock some of you. Please dont read if you have a queasy stomach.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The Santa Debate has been judged. You can see why hardly anyone wants to judge because it means saying "you lose!" to a brilliant debater

edit on 5-12-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I would like to propose a debate to anyone willing to except the challenge.

Topic: Evolution. Proven fact or possibility of other means?

I would like to take pro side (Evolution = proven fact), but I'm not bothered either way. I do believe evolution myself but I would find it interesting to argue what against what I believe. Either way contact me

Just respond to me on this thread or U2U me!

Hopefully I can find an opponent!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The Santa Debate has been judged. You can see why hardly anyone wants to judge because it means saying "you lose!" to a brilliant debater

Congrats to Heff on the win, however, I must respond to one of the judges:

adjensens argument appears to be slightly over-hyped...that is, I get the feeling that he was exaggerating and sat behind his screen with a slight smirk while writing, not fully believing what he was saying.

I protest the use the word "slight" in that sentence

Just out of sight of the picture of Oscar and his giant dog is a three foot Victorian Santa figure that was my wife's and I dutifully trot out every year to greet visitors at the front door of my house. For my side, this was a bit of a "Liar's Debate", in large measure.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Second post in the Hollywood debate is up.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Great debate adjensen! I had fun with it. Don't feel bad. The other judge imagined me leering at my screen or some such.

FTR I was smiling throughout the entire debate - as it was fun! After a solid year of arguing politics on ATS - I'm all smiles now! I would be no matter who won! Political debates are like submariner duty and non political periods are like shore leave.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My first debate/ post is up

By nice people

Japanese Anime VS American Anime

SS

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
FTR:

Intrepid and I are still trying to find a very edgy and hot topic for our Steel Cage Death Match Debate of Doomy Doom Crusted Doom....

Our only caveats? Not ATS or politics related. WE NEED INPUT!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My opening post in the Japan vs American animation debate has been posted!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Final post up in the Hollywood Movie Debate.

May God have mercy on my soul.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Seriously? Phantom Menace is number five on the all time box office records list?

We are doomed! And deservedly so.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My 2nd post is up
Japanese vs American animation

SS

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You are doing a great job on your first debate. Just thought I'd say I'm impressed after reading so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you, to be honest I'm nervous as hell!

I am taking some advice and just trying to have fun, but thanks a lot for the compliment.

SS

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Trying to think, but dang, ATS covers about every subject worth debating. To exclude ATS and politics? Well, you may as well argue whether binary or hexadecimal is a more appropriate system for computer programming.

I'm currently at a loss.

Might as well argue whether petunias or marigolds are pretty.

It kinda, almost, needs to be something everyone else can relate to.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

adjensen can be a tough opponent, but stick to your guns. Nothing to be nervous about.

I may be interested in your second debate, FYI.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join