It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks mate - I've amended it in a Word Doc with 7 characters to spare!!

Just sent you a U2U for further instructions on how to get it off to you or do you want me to post it in the debate and you delete both of the others?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Done!

The irony? NONE of my Win programs would open the document - so I had to reboot into Linux Mint to read the Microsoft file.

ETA: Please take a look to make sure my edit worked to your satisfaction.

edit on 11/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

All good - cheers mate.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm in the middle of a debate right now, but I have a topic I'd really love to engage in after I'm done with this one. Figured I'd post it now and if I can find an opponent we'll have a couple days to prepare.

I want to argue that humans will survive longer than planet Earth. With so much doom and gloom leading up to the end of 2012, I sort of want to show much lasting potential we really have. The other side has ample arguments to make it a tough match.

So, to summarize:

Would anyone be willing to debate the premise: HUMANS WILL SURVIVE LONGER THAN EARTH. I will be arguing in favor, and the debate will start after my current debate concludes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Poor Sublime doesn't realize Sky is relentless. I don't think any member has ever won a debate with him.

Don't listen to Druid. Ive lost plenty of debates in this Forum. Hard lessons learned. He is also deflecting from the fact that he rules the forum as our #1 Ranking Fighter I and others could never hope to catch up with in their wildest dreams.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
[i
My second response is up.

And can I just say that this is very enjoyable.

I have NEVER officially debated before in my life - not even at school.

I got a good laugh out of you tearing shreads off me - so I thought I'd do the same (hehehe)

Come at me!!!

Yeah...its a lot of fun. I think about the Debates even when Im offline. The polarization is the most fun to me. It requires some creativity to paint an item as the worst thing ever or best thing ever.

Your second responds paints a really, really grim picture of Religion...and now I have to go and correct that image. Thanks a lot.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Second reply in the Religion-Debate is up. You are invited to come in, read and learn little known facts about Religion in America, in the Middle East and the World in general.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Haha

Reading people's debates makes me feel rusty! I sent my messages out for today. Nothing agreed on yet. I have free time over the next weekish so if I end up with two I don't mind at the moment.

Nice to see religious debates done in a civil way.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Pinke because: Edit

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Second post in the Columbus debate is up.

I think we're showing that speed debating is also a potential thing to consider.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

When I posted I thought there was an outside shot we could knock the whole thing off by morning, looks like by tonight more probably.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Hiya Patrick,

Would anyone be willing to debate the premise: HUMANS WILL SURVIVE LONGER THAN EARTH. I will be arguing in favor, and the debate will start after my current debate concludes.

I would gladly accept that challenge !! I was looking for an interesting idea for a debate while having a break and this one fits like a glove !

Count me in !! If you don't mind, that is, and if the debate is approved.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Approved.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

DUDE I TOTALLY FORGOT!

My bad, I'm so sorry.

Sending you a PM to coordinate.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The debate between me and beezzer has begun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both opening statements now posted.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Third reply is now posted mate.

I have no skin left - you have torn it all off!!

Thank-you for this fantastic discourse Skyfloating - truly great stuff (and very enlightening)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

My final is up too.
Considering you are a new debater you did fantastic. I do think your first post was the strongest, btw. It got me reeling.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Mate - awesome stuff, that was really thought-provoking for me.

Being a catholic and Alpha leader it was actually personally difficult to drag some skeletons out of the closet.

LOL - I also need to articulate myself better, my request for proof on the monuments was focused on the Sphinx and Pyramids only.

Posing the question and then allowing my opponent to choose which side to debate was a friends idea - a personal challenge we had a bet on - I have printed out this debate for her perusal.

Thanks again mate - that was a real treat!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here's my second post in my attempt to prove that Columbus had a negative influence.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

LOL - I also need to articulate myself better, my request for proof on the monuments was focused on the Sphinx and Pyramids only.

I figured you knew (and also that you are likely religious yourself because of your references to the Almighty), but I pretended not to know just for fun.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Just read the Time-Travel debate. Im glad I wont have to judge it, it could go either way. Lots of laugh-out.loud moments. My favorite:

a transmitter is one thing, but how does one put a receiver in the past or future?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join