It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
My second post in the US is the World´s Police Force debate is up!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My third, and final post in the World Police Force debate is up.

It's up to you, Rational, to close this one out.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
My closing plea in the World Police debate is up.

I would kindly request the debate to be judged.

Thank you Druid42 for the excellent counter points; it wasn´t always easy to counter your arguments and still make some sense

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

reply to post by SonoftheSun

Epic debate you two. It took most of my willpower not to jump in there with some tangential rant...

edit on 13/11/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

It does look like a "No holds barred" kinda debate, doesn't it? I've been reading it back a few times and whew...

It was great FUN ! It hasn't been judged yet and to be very very honest, I wouldn't like to be a judge on that one...

Thing is, I'm sure Skyfloating and I could have used a few more posts to further strenghten both positions...but rules are rules.

I'm really looking forward to some other debate in the future against this formidable opponent.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Judgments on the "third-party" Debate are in. It required three judges to be completed.

Thanks to the Debaters...and the thoughtful judges as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

It was FUN getting into something I wasnt really into (debunking witchcraft).

@SonoftheSun: Unfortunately no judges seem to have submitted their judgments to Hefficide or Tothetenthpower yet so there is no saying when it will be judged.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Judgments on the "third-party" Debate are in. It required three judges to be completed.

Thanks to the Debaters...and the thoughtful judges as well.

I'd like to say a sincere Thank You to all the judges and most of all, PatrickGarrow17 for the tough competition. For only his second debate, he did remarkably well, and I foresee in the future he will be a very formidable opponent!

edit on 11/13/12 by Druid42 because: replaced first with only second

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

It was his second debate...but still good for a beginner.

Of course none of us stand a chance against the #1 Ranking Fighter, nor could we ever hope to catch up with him...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Oops, need to finish my morning coffee before posting.

(side: Your patronage does nothing for my humility!
)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Congrats to Druid42 on the win!

ETA: I'll take it as a win for third parties that one had to be brought in to complete judgement on the debate. A bit ironic.
edit on 11/13/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Thanks. I sent you a u2u describing a few other thoughts I had.

Keep your stance. It's people like you that will be making changes in the future. We need open thoughtful minds like yours.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have been wanting to do two debates, on two separate topics. Ones that are controversial, and which I think will be productive in fleshing out information.

I'll posit them here, and see who wants to accept a challenge. It's an open challenge to all.

The first topic is Artificial Intelligence. Do you see it occurring within the next few years? Can the internet become self-aware? There are many different aspects to address, so a debate should focus on a specific angle. State a premise, and your position, and I'll take the opposite. This topic alone is worth a few debates.

The second topic is Time Travel. Is it feasible? I was setting up a three part debate with another member via u2u, but that member hasn't been around in a while. Therefore, I'll present my ideas in open forum for consideration.

Do the physics of Time Travel violate causality?

Is there a resolution to the Grandfather Paradox?

Is a Time Machine Possible?

Each is a separate debate in and of itself. Each is a viable premise. Interested?

It's an open challenge. You'll have to research a bit, as will I to counter your points, but I think the conversational value alone, as well as the popularity of the topics, will make each debate interesting.

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm more than willing to take you on about the singularity, it's one of my favourite topics. I've to hurry right now, flying to Germany, but I'll post/u2u later with a detailed proposition.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Challenge Match: SonoftheSun vs Skyfloating: Witchcraft is alive and well all over the world

WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Congratulations to Skyfloating!

Please see the link for the judgements.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice debate SonoftheSun. After you started out with 7 to 0 stars I kind of thought I dont stand a chance. So it took some work to try to turn it around. Debate soon again

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Congratulations on a well deserved win !!! You are a worthy debater and have all my respect ! Some other time perhaps, I shall try to make it more difficult for you. We'll see, for now, I need a break...

Congrats !!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Of course, Im having a break too. I meant "some day", not "soon".

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I know I've been busy and away, but I have a topic.

"Should Hawaii secede? Based on how it was made a state in the first place. An argument for Hawaian Independence"

Anyone?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll take the con stance if you want beezer!

We could sweeten the pot and add should all states seceed, or just the one if you'd like

edit on 11/14/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join