It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Approved.

Another interesting debate, I`ll be sure to follow.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

What I do find interesting about going against our own line of thoughts is the jewels we find while researching...

Thats it. Thats why I do it. To learn something in a fairly short time. In real life, one shouldnt really talk about stuff unless one has done at least a little research on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Totally agree !

And the second post is up...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Back at you.

In this post you will learn that the future is not set in stone for divination but determined by you.

You will learn that witchcraft does not work beyond the placebo effect.

You will learn why most people prefer a surgeon over a witch doctor.

And much, much more.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Elections are over. I think that the death flu I had is finally passing.

I'm ready for a debate!!!

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Any takers?

Got a topic?

(I`ll be available after my current debate and I think sheepslayer247, mrlizard and possibly adjensen are looking for debate partners currently).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As far as topics go - I'm game for anything. I prefer fringe subjects that allow for more creative thinking than simply linking and quoting.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

As far as topics go - I'm game for anything. I prefer fringe subjects that allow for more creative thinking than simply linking and quoting.

Come up with a weird one, and I'll have at you. I'm still drained after the past two months (Minnesota "turned into" a swing state magically one day, that sucked, lol,) so about all I can come up with is "Beatles vs Stones" or "Political advertising must be banned"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And my Closing Statement is up !

My nose is still filled with kleenexes to stop the bleeding from your second post but I'll survive !!

All yours now !!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Opening to the World Police debate is up.

I'm curious to see how Rational will respond. Very interesting topic, and I've barely brushed the surface.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am up for a debate, but I also like the idea of a debate that is...... unorthodox?

How about a debate on paper vs. plastic? Or has that already been done?

ETA: It would have to be approached from a humorous angle, just to make the debate fun.
edit on 8-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Final reply in the Witchcraft Debate is up. Whew...that was hard work SonoftheSun.

Because I am involved in the debate I cannot go looking for judges for it. If anyone is available for judging please anonymously contact tothetenthpower to send him your judgments of that debate. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My first plea in the debate challenge The USA is the World´s Police Force has been posted. This was my first ever and I had a lot of fun researching the topic. I can´t wait to see my opponents reply!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

That was a tough one indeed ! Personally, I think that the con position was a much harder angle to work with but once again, you have proven that you are an exceptional fighter !! It was fun, extremely challenging and a real honor to debate you.

And my name goes back to the pool of available debaters...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yeah, I had to don some weird mixture of scientific skeptic and religious fundamentalist.

But it was fun. Im sure we`ll debate again in the next weeks or months

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

My second post is up.

One thing I love about debate is that you must reference your position against your opponent's. I was going to take things one way, but went another. Hmm.

Still, Rational, as a first time debater here on ATS, you have proven yourself a formidable opponent. I would be honored for a rematch if I lose. Different topic of course, because the parameters of this debate are finely hedged as black or white.

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for the kind words Druid! It means a lot coming from you. It's very strange to defend a position that I actually not agree with, but after just a single post I noticed how biased one can be and it has already opened my eyes to different points of view that I never considered before.

I'd love to do a rematch, regardless the outcome of the current debate. The topic is indeed a bit black and white, but it's not over yet ;-) Any topic you'd like is fine with me!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My final post is up for Two party dominance is ending.

I apologize to readers, all debaters, and Druid42 for taking too long to post. If it's any consolation, I've had a sick family member and my time has been scarce and my focus nonexistent.

I hope to prove myself more reliable in future debates.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My Final Post in the Two Party Debate has been posted.

With that, The Two Party Dominance in America is Ending debate is officially submitted for judging.

Best of luck to PatrickGarrow17, you were a fine and tenacious opponent. May the best man win!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Am pretty much back I suppose.

I have U2U'd persons that were interested a while ago before things happened, but they've mostly been quiet.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join