It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Maybe thats it. The Presidential Debates give a bad name to what debating can be.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been waiting to see if my debate would ever get rolling, but my opponent must be busy. That's ok though. I've been busy myself.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
closing statement up Here.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Gonna be busy this week - but still awaiting new suggestions for debate.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The Illuminati-Debate has been judged.

Im always hesitant to have such sterling debaters lose but thats how the game works.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im always hesitant to have such sterling debaters lose but thats how the game works.

I read this line first before reading the judgments and thought...oh...great...another loss...my whole scenario went on in my head...two ties...two losses...darn...but then I read on...

Winning is fun but debating with Signals which has always been one of my favorite members here was totally awesome. I'm way more proud of having had a great debate with him than any win could give.

This was his very first debate and my hat's off to him !!

~Son.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I realized you hadnt won a debate yet, despite stellar posting and felt kind of bad about it. I thought you might lose this one too, but it turned out differently. Well deserved.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That was fun, SOTS certainly deserved it, congrats!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Judgment for the Ghost Debate is in. Thanks tothetenthpower for getting it judged. Thanks to the judges. And thanks to my opponent for a fun debate.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The whole point of formal debate is to hone your critical thinking skills, and this debate has helped me do that. I appreciate the opportunity I had to engage you in such a wildly controversial topic, and look forward to another sometime down the road.

It was fun to discuss "ghosts" around Halloween, so as such we had a timely debate. My hat is off to you for proving to be a worthy adversary, and congratulations are due for your win.

Thank you for the debate, and I am humbled to be defeated by an opponent of such caliber!

Great job, Skyfloating!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Debate Approval Request:

Witchcraft is still alive and well all over the world

Skyfloating and I would enjoy a challenge on this topic. Skyfloating would take the con position and I, the pro. I would have an opening statement up tomorrow at the latest.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hmmm....let me see....yeah, alright...its approved.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My reply in the Witchcraft Debate is up.

Its hilarious that in my last debate I argued pro-paranormal and in this one its anti-paranormal. Jumping around like that really jogs the mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I just got my Fighter status and I´m excited to participate!

I just read some of the past debates and the ones ongoing, and I have to say it will be tough to compete on your level. Nevertheless I´d like to take part in order to gain a deeper understanding of opposite sides and topics I know little to nothing about at all.

So, who´s up for a debate? Any topic is fine with me, as long as it is reasonably straight-forward to research.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Fighters currently available for and interested in debate (feel free to send them U2Us):

RationalDespair
sheepslayer247
mrlizard
Druid42

Anyone else?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Rational and I are working out the parameters for a debate, and we should have it ready for approval soon.

Topic: The USA as a world police force.

Should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Its hilarious that in my last debate I argued pro-paranormal and in this one its anti-paranormal. Jumping around like that really jogs the mind.

I know what you mean !! I contradicted my own thinking in the moon debate, having to gather info that we never went while believing that we did...then having to argue OBEs (which I believe) with Heff...

What I do find interesting about going against our own line of thoughts is the jewels we find while researching...doesn't necessarily change our minds about things but it does bother the brain...and the beliefs system. I think it's a good thing !

Today, being election day in the U.S., I've decided to wait for the second post in the witchcraft debate. Should have it up tomorrow some time though. Great debate so far !!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Great debate so far !!!

Yeah...for you it is, you are leading with 7 (!) to 1 stars.

I have to get my act together if I want to stand a chance.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Seeking approval for a new debate:

Premise: The USA is the world's police force.
I have the pro position, and RationalDespair the con.

Awaiting.....

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join