Deocrats have been in charge since 2006, so why is nearly every thread/News story about GOP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No, it's not because of the convention. This is the norm here.

This goes for the media as well. At what point are Democrats or the sitting president put under a microscope? Why is ATS always dominated by anti-white racial fear mongering and ridiculous anti-GOP conspiracies? I'm not fan of either party, but it's just odd since Democrats have been the ones running the show for quite a while now. It reminds me of what Jon Stewart was asked (in 2005) about why he focused so much on attacking Republicans and he said "because they're the ones in charge". Well apparently that logic went right out the _

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't pretend to understand American politics..

But I find the name Ironic.. GOP.. Gallant Old Party..

Its so far from what it used to be.. There's nothing gallant about it..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think it's because the Democratic presidents such as Clinton and Obama have made a point to come to the center, instead of being hard-left.

Clinton was a centrist that did a lot of good for this country, and most Republicans even today agree with that. Obama, even though he talked a good game, continued the Bush doctrine and has even passed a healthcare plan written by the Heritage Foundation.

So overall, Democrats try to play ball with everyone.

On the other hand, Republican presidents don't care. They have and agenda and have never made an effort to think about the country as a whole. Choosing to appease their piggy-banks instead of the American people.

Let's also not forget that the Republicans are war-mongers. They love to bomb the piss out of every nation they can in the name of corporate interest or natural resources. But they tell us it's for national security and take a little bit of our individual freedoms in the process......kind of like Obama and NDAA.

At what point are Democrats or the sitting president put under a microscope?

Really? Obama can't do anything without someone asking for his birth certificate or being called a Kenyan anti-colonialist! The same thing happened with Clinton when the GOP realized Clinton was actually effective. I'm not saying Obama is effective....hell, he serves like a Republican.

Why is ATS always dominated by anti-white racial fear mongering and ridiculous anti-GOP conspiracies?

Anti-white? Hardly. Just because people do not agree with the Republicans in general does not mean they are anti-white. But let's be honest. It's very hypocritical for my fellow white GOP brothers to claim racism when we have a pretty bad track record of being racist pigs ourselves.

ATS has an abundance of pro-Republican threads and I have been saying so for some time. Sometimes ATS looks like an advertising website for Romney and the GOP. I rarely see a pro-Obama thread created and if there is...it is quickly put in it's place.

So quit your whining! The "white-Republican" folks on ATS have had just as much an opportunity to give their opinion as anyone else.

My fellow Republicans are just sore loosers and have to make absurd claims and cry a little when they realize they are wrong.
edit on 31-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I don't pretend to understand American politics..

But I find the name Ironic.. GOP.. Gallant Old Party..

Its so far from what it used to be.. There's nothing gallant about it..

its actually Grand Old Party.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It wasnt long ago that threads were popping up daily complaining about ATS being a mouthpiece for some right-wing agenda overrun with "freepers".

Eye of the beholder I suppose.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Because the brainwashed masses are too hypnotized to realize that we have in place a 2-headed 1-party system.

And instead of rejecting it, they are (un)wittingly playing into it by perpetuating "their" divide and conquer strategy.

Republicans vs. the Democrats. Doesnt matter whos in charge, the same interests run both Parties.

Come on ATS-ers, wake up!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You're kidding right?

This site can't go ten minutes without some right-winger bashing liberals and forget about talking anything that is that is actually left of center. Liberalism in this country is only left of Conservatism, it is right of center. Yet, anyone left of Conservative is condemned as being a Statist Communist.

Leftists are beginning to break with Democrats some of us are beginning to see D's and R's as essentially the same. The D's don't represent the Left any better than R's represent the Right, with rare exception both Party's represent their Lobby interests (read as banks/corporations) and not the People.

It would be hilarious if not so incredibly tragic that you Righties will cheer anything, any law, regulation and moron running for office as long as it isn't a Democrat or cut's Democrats off at the pass. It's time for you guys to realize that the Republicans do not represent Conservatism.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Where do you get that Democrats have been in control since 2006???

Let's take a look who has had control in recent history...this little graph doesn't have from 2009-present...but if it did it would show Republicans controling the House, with Dems controlling the Presidency and the Senate (barely).

So over the past 12 years, Dems have had complete control of all three for a total of two years. Republicans have had complete control of all thredd for a total of 4 years.

But, when looking at complete control of both the house and the senate...Republcians have had control for 10 years...Dems for 2 years.

For the past 2 years, Republicans have controlled the House and Dems the Senate...however, it is no secret that even though Dems technically control the Senate...the Republicans are dictating what happens because it has been the biggest obstructionist Senate in recent history.

What has their obstructionism brought us??? A US Credit Downgrade, the stalling of a full economy recovery, and holding middle class hostage to get tax cuts for the rich.

So you go ahead pretend that Democrats have been calling the shots...but it just isn't true.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Poor Bush, he was retroactively removed from office in 2006 and replaced by Obama serving a 6 year first term.

I guess that's one way to blame the start of the recession on Obama instead of Bush.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thanks - I never heard of the GOP as the Gallant Old Party and agree with your conclusions.

I thought it was the Grand Old Party which may have been appropriate back in the days when a grand was real money - nowadays it's more like "billion$ and billion$ served"

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So which news papers or networks are you guys watching that are putting a microscope on what Democrats have done since taking charge? I actually quit watching TV about a year ago, but I still keep up with what the media is saying nightly and it's still as narrowly focused on the GOP as it was back when Bush was still president and Republicans controlled both houses. . I'd really like to know where you guys are going to see a critical look of the job Democrats have done.

Oh and Democrats going to the middle. that's a good one.

Originally posted by Kaploink
Poor Bush, he was retroactively removed from office in 2006 and replaced by Obama serving a 6 year first term.

I guess that's one way to blame the start of the recession on Obama instead of Bush.

Bush inherited a recession, the tech bubble AND the housing bubble. Also, who said bush got out in 2006? The Democrats took control of congress in 2006...They had a super majority for 2 of the years between then and now.
edit on 31-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I see Obama praised and ridiculed in the press and on ATS each and every day. Maybe you just need to look at things differently. Possibly you wish the Dems and Obama were pressed much harder, but that's all a matter of perspective.

I'm not trying to point fingers, but the Republicans tend to do and say things that make the news much more interesting. They make the headlines all the time for extreme views and insanely stupid comments.

The Democrats are just boring. They don't say controversial things as much as the Republicans and they are not very fun to put on the news.

Maybe that is the best way I can explain it.

Bush inherited a recession, the tech bubble AND the housing bubble.

If Obama cannot get a free pass for inheriting a bad economy and two wars from Bush, then you get no free pass for what Bush inherited from Clinton.

You cannot have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I see Obama praised and ridiculed in the press and on ATS each and every day.

Where? Where is he ridiculed outside of fox News? If you could list examples, you would have already.

Maybe you just need to look at things differently. Possibly you wish the Dems and Obama were pressed much harder, but that's all a matter of perspective.

I wish they were pressed as much as the GOP. considering democrats have been calling the shots for a while now, you would think we would have seen it by now. In the meantime, ATS bitches about fox News and Republicans.

Keep in mind, I'm not a Republican, nor will I be voting for Romney.

I'm not trying to point fingers, but the Republicans tend to do and say things that make the news much more interesting.

To you, because you're a partisan Democrat! Of course you think that!

They make the headlines all the time for extreme views and insanely stupid comments.

Democrats say stupid and racist stuff all the time, but since other liberals are doing the reporting, they of course don't see it that way. thus, the narrative is never created.

The Democrats are just boring. They don't say controversial things as much as the Republicans and they are not very fun to put on the news.

They do, just not from your biased perspective. Hell, the Democrats are basically what amounts to main stream anti-white racists, but since they're the ones setting the narrative, it never gets reported that way.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Bush inherited a recession, the tech bubble AND the housing bubble.

If Obama cannot get a free pass for inheriting a bad economy and two wars from Bush, then you get no free pass for what Bush inherited from Clinton.

You cannot have it both ways.

HA! you're the one trying to have it both ways, not me. I'm just applying your current logic to that administration.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Where? Where is he ridiculed outside of fox News?

Let me start with the media. Grab a bucket of kettle corn and a cold brew. I have some handy little YT videos for you .

There you have it. Just a few examples of Obama being ridiculed on news networks other than Fox.

Do you want me to dig up ATS threads that criticize Obama? That's easy and will not take long.

I wish they were pressed as much as the GOP.

Ok, and I wish my wife would put chocolate sprinkles on her damned cupcakes. But no....she likes those damn cinnamon heart things. Sometimes you have to put your own sprinkles on.

In the meantime, ATS bitches about fox News and Republicans.

Republicans have a bad track record. They say one thing and do another. I can't do anything about that and I cannot change facts.

As far as FoxNews...they are known liars, stretch facts and take things out of context for the express purpose of inciting outrage within their viewers and Republicans alike.

That is an issue you have to take up with them. They admit that they are not a News station...they are an entertainment outlet. That way they don't have to be held accountable for bad information.

To you, because you're a partisan Democrat! Of course you think that!

It's not very wise to assume. I happen to be a Republican. I voted for Bush twice and even voted for McCain, but my eyes were opened after I was exposed to the truth of things. I still believe in conservative principles and wish RP would be our nominee, but the Republicans are not conservative and they deserve every bit of ridicule they get.

They have sold their constituents a bill of goods that will soon come back to bite them in the butt.

Democrats say stupid and racist stuff all the time, but since other liberals are doing the reporting, they of course don't see it that way. thus, the narrative is never created.

They don't have to. FoxNews and the Right does it for them. Anytime a Democrat says something out loud they are looking for a way to turn it against them. At least Democrats are halfway intellectually honest. Republicans don't have to be because their core base doesn't care about facts.

By the way, I used to volunteer for the local GOP. I have been knee deep in the thick of it and I know first hand how the average Republican thinks. Even the smartest people among us are struck stupid when it comes to politics and facts. Not all, but a lot of them.

They do, just not from your biased perspective.

I don't pay much attention to the Dems. They aren't my team. I ridicule the Right so that they may come to see my point of view. Instead they have reared even harder to the Right.

Hell, the Democrats are basically what amounts to main stream anti-white racists, but since they're the ones setting the narrative, it never gets reported that way.

I will admit that they try too hard sometimes to be all-inclusive, but to say they are anti-white? C'mon. Can you back that up with proof? I really don't know what to say to that. It's just simply wrong.

What I think the problem here is is that you see on ATS how the average, large portion of America is middle of the road type of people. Not too far Left and not too far Right. We criticize Obama when needed and the Right as well. The Right just happens to give us more material to work with.

Neither side has a monopoly on saying stupid things, but when a Republican says something stupid.....it's guaranteed to be out of this world moronic stupid.

If Obama cannot get a free pass for inheriting a bad economy and two wars from Bush, then you get no free pass for what Bush inherited from Clinton. You cannot have it both ways. HA! you're the one trying to have it both ways, not me. I'm just applying your current logic to that administration.

I never tried to say that....you did. No offense, but I am not in the mood to play a game of "I know you are but what am I."

Nana nana boo boo......you're it!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS where the MSM kool aid is the beverage of choice.
sad eyed lady

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

sheepslayer247, you missed the point. The "timing" is the most critical part of media bias. The MSM can ridicule and belittle all they want, but they won't do it when it has an adverse affect on their candidate. Remember everyone, the Constitution guarantees freedom of the press, not fairness of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

But there is a big difference between Obama and Romney....Obama is already president. We already know where he stands and what he will probably do.

He has been "vetted" so to speak.

Romney is the one that has to prove he's better than what we got and that includes going through the media circus as Obama already has done the first go-round.

Besides, the OP never mentioned anything about timing. So I politely disagree that I missed the point.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Mark Halperin: 'The Media Is Very Susceptible to Doing What the Obama Campaign Wants'
11:57 AM, Aug 18, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

That's his opinion. If we follow your logic, that means every person on ATS that asked about Romney's taxes is just doing what Obama's campaign wants.

I disagree. Poeple, and the press, make their own choice to talk about what they want to talk about. The tax issue is a hot topic for some and it would otherwise be irresponsible for the press not to bring it up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join