It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 3 dead in New Jersey shooting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I just saw this on MSN...still developing.

At least 3 dead including gunman at a grocery store in Old Bridge, NJ, a suburd about 25 miles away from New York.

edit on 31-8-2012 by will615 because: spelling

edit on 31-8-2012 by will615 because: Link added by another member

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Now I'm really starting to wonder if there is an agenda to do away with guns completely in the U.S.

It seems we can't go a whole week anymore without having this happen.

edit on 31-8-2012 by will615 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Link

Here you go and some info as well.

The official says the shooting happened early Friday inside a Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, a suburb about 25 miles from New York. The store was closed at the time.

Shame we cant all get along.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Thank you MDDoxs.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It is expected when you have a desperate population doing it tough.how many million people live in the US Statistically odds are thiswill continue, legal guns or illegal guns, it will still happen

Sorry for the loss of life, again

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by will615

Old Bridge town council rep Richard Green(e) is quoted as saying the shooter is a "former Marine".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Thanks. I just checked and no further info. yet.

I wondered if it was a former service member.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by will615

23 yr old male ex-Marine shooter; one victim is 18 yr old female working the overnight shift.

APP Article: www.app.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Why is it that suburban shootings seem to get far more attention than urban ones?

Some loser upset his woman dumped him or he lost his awesome grocery bagging job goes and shoots a couple of people in a fit of idiot rage and it's plastered all over the news.

At the same time a few blocks away some 15 year old wannabe gangsters get into a shootout with some other kids killing a half dozen and it's just dismissed. Unless of course a poor bystander gets hit then it pops up to top story for at least a little while.

Is it the same phenomenon that gets all the little missing white girls TV time while all the missing black kids go ignored?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Your all going to get your guns taken away

They are even reporting these shootings in the UK now.

They do not want you all running around with guns when the economic collapse happens.

Its hard enough trying to control people with sticks and petrol bombs let alone AK-47s

Just saying !

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That is so sad
. I personally don't think that banishing the sales of fire arms will do much good. People these days will find one on the black market if its in their agenda ... So sad

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

Here we go again.... and yesterday I was about to post about that 100 year old man mowing down those people on the sidewalk and that at least it wasn't a gun shooting incident this week

Seems I was wrong.... one a week for the last 5 weeks!!

Lets place a bet on where and when next weeks event will be???

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
That is so sad
. I personally don't think that banishing the sales of fire arms will do much good. People these days will find one on the black market if its in their agenda ... So sad

Exactly! Banning firearms would end up just like the war on drugs (lost before it even begin.)

The bad guys will find their guns no matter what and the rest of us will be left defenseless against them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

That's the beauty part, you see.. guns are impossible to take away from Americans.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

Thats exactly what the government wants, you with no defence against them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

That's the beauty part, you see.. guns are impossible to take away from Americans.

It's not just Americans. They're impossible to take away from anyone.

Even in the glorious gun-free utopia of the United Kingdom guns are plentiful on the streets. It only seemed that their ridiculous laws were working because there was no demand. Once demand kicks in all bets are off and laws are void.

3.000 Stolen Guns in the UK / Massive importation of illegal arms from Eastern Europe / Guns, cheap and plentiful on UK streets

Demand in the UK is on the rise and soon enough there will be more violence and guns than they ever imagined on their streets. As it is now there is already more violence and are more guns than most head-in-the-sand types ever thought could be around.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

Not really a good enough excuse to not bother though is it, it will be hard to do so let's not bother.?
I'm sure all of the shootings in the US aren't by drug dealers, plenty of "normal" gun owners.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrunner

No you are right the majority of shootings are by law enforcement. Go figure.

But thats only if someone shoots someone else. Actually most gun deaths in the US are suicides
edit on 31-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
reply to post by will615

Not really a good enough excuse to not bother though is it, it will be hard to do so let's not bother.?
I'm sure all of the shootings in the US aren't by drug dealers, plenty of "normal" gun owners.

No, I think it will make things worse to ban them, like a member above explained about the U.K.
I didn't say their all drug dealers, just compared a potential gun-ban to the drug war. Yes, even "normal" people flip out and go on a shooting spree.

The bottom line is guns will always be found by those wanting to harm, so let us keep ours to protect against them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has this summer served to desensitize us to shootings? I don't mean to underplay the tragedy inherent in murder, but seriously...

I find it interesting, too, that even before the cry of "blame guns for gun violence!" erupts from the throats of gun prohibitionists, the gun rights side of the fight have already begun their retaliatory remarks on the matter. How predictable we have become. That isn't to say that I am a gun prohibitionist, because I am definitely not. I agree with a couple of the other posters in this thread who have said it already: illegalizing firearms only disarms people who obey the law. Those who do not abide the law will not only have any arms they desire (as they do now), but a newly defenseless population to prey upon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join