It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I don't normally dream...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hardly ever.

I can count the number of dreams I've had this year on two fingers. This one was the second, and its bizarre. So much so that I wrote it down when it woke me.

I'm locked in a room with two glass sides. On one side of the room there is a bright blue neon light, on the other side of it I there is a bright red one.

There are people in shadow on both sides of the glass and they are talking to each other in some indecipherable manner.

I can't see what they are doing, but I get a vibe that one side (blue) is good, and the other (red) is evil

And then the walls start to close in on me very very slowly. The glass is so thick I can't speak to either side even though I'm begging for help. The walls just keep on coming towards me slowly and then, just as there is barely enough space for me to stand, the floor opens up and I fall down a chute and drop into the same room again, only the walls are back out and the whole process cycles through although the walls get a little closer in every time until eventually my head starts to get crushed. (and thats the point I woke up)

What can I make of that?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think a reboot is necessary.

Press and hold your power button for at least 30 seconds and then restart.

Are you caught in some decision in your life? Having trouble deciding? Not happy with how things are now?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I would say its an anxiety dream, feeling trapped and pressured maybe?

Also just in case there are certain medications and substances that can effect dreaming, or lack of remembering dreams.

Could be the cause of lack of dreaming.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Maybe it has to do with things you are doing and that can hurt without knowing and this dream can be a warning from stopping doing those things.

By 'doing things' understanding maybe getting too much info...good and bad (good =blue,bad=red)and that info can hurt at some point in time because the way that brain interpret it can be wrong because of the high quantity of info you get.

Just an opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Food for thought so far.

Was horribly vivid, the head crushing bit. Quite disturbing actually..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

On the previous times you have had dreams, what did you eat before bed and how long before? Food, as i am sure you know, can influence your dreaming frequency and types of dreams.

Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is another culprit. When your body’s blood sugar level is low, which happens when you haven’t eaten in a long while before bedtime, your brain gives you a little spurt of adrenaline that causes your body to drop some stored glucose into the bloodstream. If you’ve ever had a dream that wasn’t just vivid but also felt especially frantic, you know the feeling of adrenalized dreaming.

Spicy foods in particular are notorious for inspiring particularly vivid dreams.
Some in the medical community have theorized that the heat from the spices elevates body temperature enough to interfere with the quality of sleep. The discomfort then works its way into your subconscious, and is reflected in the narrative it creates. Real-life stomach aches and other types of gastric distress can end up as dream pain experienced by your dream self.

Quick Link

Will try to find some scholary articles, but the above is a nice brief summary
edit on 31-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Hardly ever. I can count the number of dreams I've had this year on two fingers

People always dream, its just that we don't remember much..

but I get a vibe that one side (blue) is good, and the other (red) is evil

This was an influenced, blue, green, white are "good", Red, black are "bad". I think you may have some thoughts where you were thinking about 2 different option, one where you have to gets your hands a bit dirty.

whole process cycles through

Have you been procrastinating on something really important? possibly have to do with people's welfare?

my head starts to get crushed. (and thats the point I woke up)

Usually when someone "dies" in a dream, thats when they wake up, i guess its kinda like a instinct "game over".

Disclaimer: i'm not a psychologist.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You feel you are being trapped into making a difficult decision, or decisions in your life.

The red are things you are passionate about, but know they are bad for you, while the blue are things that you are less passionate about that you know is good for you.

The room represents your entrapment. Your knowledge that you must eventually make a decision.

Every time you get close to making a decision on what to do (the walls getting close to you), the floor drops out, and you start to reanalyze the situation.

This is probably causing you anxiety, and other issues.

You need to ask yourself what you have not resolved in your life, what decisions are weighing on your mind, and what can you do to resolve them?

My advice is to eliminate excess, get back to simplistic things, and clear your head to make better decisions.

edit on 31-8-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Certain medicine and smoking cessation aids/drugs can cause vivid dreams and nightmares (nicotene patch/chantix).

Have you been concerned about the elections in U.S. dems/blue and repubs/red? (Long shot).

Seems like a struggle between good and evil somehow is weighing heavy on you, enough to the point that it is killing you. That it repeats seems to indicate that you can't escape from the problem. You're trapped in the dream and trapped in the room.

Blue is a peaceful color. Red is a passionate and angry color.

If you believe in a higher power, ask it for help discerning your dream or just to be able to not dwell on the negative memory it left you.

sad eyed lady

edit on 8/31/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 31-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hello Neformore,

I would also think that your subconscious is giving you hints. I cannot talk for you as I don't really know you but if I had this dream, I would ask myself this question: What position have I put myself into that would lead to getting hurt, whether financially, emotionally or physically?

Colors do have a meaning. Here are ideas that might help you in deciphering this dream:

Color Meanings in Dreams

There are some pretty good questions there about the red and blue colors.

Hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
you're at a point where you're trying to decide which is the right and wrong way to proceed in life, and it's burdening you to the point of going a little mad

and you've been watching too much Star Wars

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The room is your body. The two glass sides represent the windows to your mind. The bright blue light represents the cold. The bright red one represents the heat.

The people in shadow on each side of the windows that are talking with an indecipherable manner are all the people online. You know that we're people, but you don't know our actions so our light does not shine - and there is no source of light by which you might expose our works, so you have only the knowledge that you're talking with other human beings at your disposal. You have no reason to believe anything anyone here says. The indecipherable manner in which everyone speaks defines the topics that are normally discussed; topics that you prefer to stay away from. IN fact, these things that they are saying that are indecipherable to you are topics that you have purposefully avoided becoming knowledgeable about because you chose to stay in the dark - all the more reason for you to only see these people as shadows instead of light - because nothing that anyone says is making sense to you because you have no foundation for the knowledge.

But these particular topics are clearly very important and you clearly recognize it because more and more of these topics continue to appear and yet you avoid them and wonder why more and more of them keep springing up. You actually can't stand it and you end up deciding not to educate yourself on these particular topics, but instead, you allow both sides to influence you and therefore you become lukewarm and insane because you have made no choices but only taking in information and tried to marry it.

There is such thing as truth and lies. If you marry truth with lies, then truth becomes lies - But if you marry lies to truth, then what you have still are lies. No matter how you try to marry the two, you will always end up lukewarm; not having chosen a side.

If you don't choose a side, then you will be crushed in between them. This battle is in your mind. It's not one from which you can escape.

Of course you're begging for help - you're asking it to STOP. Well, it is not going to stop. However, every now and then, the topic dies for a while. This is when the floor opens up and you fall right back into the same situation. A new set of threads is started. And these are all the same arguments, rehashed and rehashed. And eventually the topic will bust and you will go through the floor again. But the previous waves of threads left impact, and therefore the walls are already closing in by the time you get to the next set of threads.

Eventually your head will get crushed because you won't do something about it.

When you are standing in that room and the walls are closing in, you cannot ask both sides for help.

And both sides will gladly help you out. Don't judge a side by whether they are willing to help. Judge the side by what you know is good, not evil.

And then only ask that particular side to help you. You will find that they light up, you will see their faces, you will begin to hear their voices, and the glass that you previously thought divided you and them will cease to exist. It is an invisible barrier that gets you squished in between the two walls. The advances of the opposite side can have no effect if you are able to enter the room of the side you choose through the invisible barriers that are your procrastination and prejudice.

It is written, "Be ye either hot or cold; for if ye are lukewarm, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Originally posted by neformore
Hardly ever.

I can count the number of dreams I've had this year on two fingers. This one was the second, and its bizarre. So much so that I wrote it down when it woke me.

I'm locked in a room with two glass sides. On one side of the room there is a bright blue neon light, on the other side of it I there is a bright red one.

There are people in shadow on both sides of the glass and they are talking to each other in some indecipherable manner.

I can't see what they are doing, but I get a vibe that one side (blue) is good, and the other (red) is evil

And then the walls start to close in on me very very slowly. The glass is so thick I can't speak to either side even though I'm begging for help. The walls just keep on coming towards me slowly and then, just as there is barely enough space for me to stand, the floor opens up and I fall down a chute and drop into the same room again, only the walls are back out and the whole process cycles through although the walls get a little closer in every time until eventually my head starts to get crushed. (and thats the point I woke up)

What can I make of that?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hmm. Reading the responses I guess this ties into a couple of things going on at the moment, one personal and direct to me and one I'm observing from a distance.

I am so not used to dreaming that I hadn't made the connection, but now I can see it.

I guess the question is, what do I do to resolve the issues. From what you guys have said there doesn't appear to be much of an answer here though, just a reflection of the causes.

ETA adding this because somehow I missed Tarzan's post above (browser issues) - so you reckon I need to decided one way or the other huh? Interesting. I wonder what would happen if I choose the red side? Hmm

edit on 31/8/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You dont think any physical stimulus is to blame, like the food example i posted above?

Guess i will take my nutritional quackary somewhere else

A lot of people have approached this from a psychological perspective, i am coming from the physiological....Anything you injest or are physically exposed to only periodically throughout the year?

If you are dismissing this angle let me know, so i can cease and desist

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

the choice will resolve the conflict within you, and the choice you will have to make.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I like the angle, but I do lean personally more towards the Jungian side of explanation rather than the nutritional one.

That having been said, I do know that some foods do cause different reactions in people as far as dreams go. I had a female friend who experienced awful nightmares and the occasional attack of night terrors, which was narrowed down in the end to either capsicum or tumeric after months of diary recording and testing.

In my case though, my diet is fairly plain. It doesn't vary greatly and I've not added anything in recently.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well in that case i will throw my hand in with a psychological interpretation, even though i am far from qualified

As others have alluded to already; You are facing some tough choses and time is running out in your mind. You are looking for others to help you make the decision or perhaps other compatriots to side with, but you are be muffled or silenced.

Further, the cycling your describe could be the missed opportunities you have had to act and the fate you described at the end could be the level of importance you place on this.

I doubt this is a larger political issue, in my opinion this would be something more personal and directly related to you. I think your sub concious has detailed this dream to reflect some kind of moral/political decision, because we can understand a concept such as that.

The only person with the right answers with respect to this is you. You need to find your own meaning.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm. Reading the responses I guess this ties into a couple of things going on at the moment, one personal and direct to me and one I'm observing from a distance.

I am so not used to dreaming that I hadn't made the connection, but now I can see it.

I guess the question is, what do I do to resolve the issues. From what you guys have said there doesn't appear to be much of an answer here though, just a reflection of the causes.

ETA adding this because somehow I missed Tarzan's post above (browser issues) - so you reckon I need to decided one way or the other huh? Interesting. I wonder what would happen if I choose the red side? Hmm

edit on 31/8/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

If you choose the red side, you have at least chosen a side.

Choosing a side will save your mind. Choosing the right side will save your life.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Choosing a side will save your mind. Choosing the right side will save your life.

Ooh now thats a bit Twin Peaks...

Heres hoping I don't run into Bob..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join