It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Human Species Were Likely The Norm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I believe there have been many cycles of humans for millions upon millions of years, and the ice ages are somebody's way of cleaning up earth and removing, grinding away, the evidence of advanced civlizations, space age even.

And that there have been survivors (ie cavement) from catastrophes or cycle ends, that were different species or models of humans.

And that intermarriage has occurred between groups.

All Non Africans Today Are Part Neanderthal

I don't believe they were more primitive but survivors of a longer cycle.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Olympic commitee stated racial (species derived?) differences in the races. Far eastermers are more coordinated and will rule gymnastics. Indo-Europeans have more upper body strength and will win at swimming, weight lifting, shot put etc. The African group had the best muscular and cardio endurance and will win at all endurance events.

I read that about 2000 and can't find it so far.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I question and speculate...

Just how advanced in tool making and possibly [Worship/belief in an after life etc etc etc] did some of those more recently extinct lines advanced? Did they erect some of those "Ancient standing stones"?

I think the more we dig the more we'll find evidence that our direct ancestors weren't the first to create such locations or have such beliefs.

We may need to reexamine what we believe to be our direct ancestors archeological evidence and may need to consider the possibility that it wasn't theirs alone.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There were many type of humanoids in earths past. We see evidence of this. Seems to me at least one of these species was capable of advanced thinking. Many had bigger brains than us having much more time to evolve. Some of their DNA is incorporated in ours. I think that there could have been pockets of these beings as intelligent as us today. All evidence of an ancient, million year old, advanced races technology would have been turned to dust by now. There is no way to prove this may have been the case but there is no evidence to say it didn't happen either.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's my point.

There seems to be a certain level of prejudice about that anything of intelligent design must be connected to our direct ancestors and anything that doesn't fit into that timeline is dismissed by some as simply being an oddity.

[OOPART] comes to mind....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
The Olympic commitee stated racial (species derived?) differences in the races. Far eastermers are more coordinated and will rule gymnastics. Indo-Europeans have more upper body strength and will win at swimming, weight lifting, shot put etc. The African group had the best muscular and cardio endurance and will win at all endurance events.

I read that about 2000 and can't find it so far.

With respect, that's racism.
Further, for the record, did you notice who the gold medalist in women's gymnastics is?

Athleticism is about training, diet, discipline, talent, sportsmanship, and a little bit of genetic inheritance (not race).

Further, in regard to species mixing equating to racial attributes, mitochondrial (passed by mother) and nuclear (passed by father) DNA results in tracing lineages through time to common ancestries would disagree with you.

Racial attributes are localized adaptations/mutations selected for over the course of tens of thousands of years, but differentiation of localized adaptation/mutation is not so drastic that we're really all that much different from each other beneath the skin.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is only logical to believe that a species that is similar to ours, that had ten times the time to develop intelligence superior to ours, would have evolved in consciousness to make us look like children. The most efficient way of living on this world would be the simplest. We are destroying our own Ecosystem, a sign of limited intellect.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

BTW these human varieties wouldn't look terribly strange to us today. Give 'em a haircut, some tattoos, take them shopping at The Gap, and you couldn't pick them out in a crowd.

That, esteemed Byrd, is probably because they are still with us.

I always thought 'sapiens' was a bit of a misnomer anyway...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Racial attributes are localized adaptations/mutations selected for over the course of tens of thousands of years, but differentiation of localized adaptation/mutation is not so drastic that we're really all that much different from each other beneath the skin.

I applaud your sentiments, Druscilla (and admire your avatar), but it's hard to look the facts in the face and say that different races don't vary in their behavioural attributes just as they do in their physical ones. I grant that the range of variation is extremely wide, and that particular individuals from one race may outperform the generality of another race at some activity in which the latter tends to do better, on average, than the human norm – as in your gymnast example. As you say, racial attributes are the result of local adaptation: interbreeding would eliminate them. I suppose racists' fear of miscegenation comes from some dim, atavistic recognition of this.

Unfortunately, where differences exist, people tend to make these vicious judgements. It would be better if we could celebrate our differences as part of the glorious cornucopia of human variety, rather than downplay them as we often must in order to deter the hate-mongers. Not that our reticence seems to affect them much.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

I'm a mystic
reply to post by MamaJ

What the hell is a Mystic, is that like a Harry Potter ?

Seriously? You looking for me to give you a link to the definition for " mystic"? Ha!

FYI, the word ( mystic) I ( key word I) chose to create the sentence was used for the MYSTery of the human species.......

Hope you are not confused anymore with Harry Potter!!

Oh, and I happen to love Harry! 💛💛💛

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There were many type of humanoids in earths past. We see evidence of this. Seems to me at least one of these species was capable of advanced thinking. Many had bigger brains than us having much more time to evolve. Some of their DNA is incorporated in ours. I think that there could have been pockets of these beings as intelligent as us today. All evidence of an ancient, million year old, advanced races technology would have been turned to dust by now. There is no way to prove this may have been the case but there is no evidence to say it didn't happen either.

Right on Ricky, we do see evidence of this. The mysteries of our past are quite intriguing and tell their own story.... Truly fascinating!

I wonder sometimes if they were MORE intelligent, but like us, used the knowledge that ended up creating their own demise.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Shameless thread bump then off into the Abyssss...........

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Homeless is man. Scorned and attacked in this water world, he grew to favor the solidness of the shoreline and the open alien air up above. Soon he left the waters and came upon the shores of a new world. Gradually he learned to adapt this airy earthen place. But just as before, he made enemies quickly and finds himself always surveying the edges and shadows to escape from the hostility he unknowingly engenders in his coinhabitants. He was pushed to the brink of extinction when only a few of his kind remained, yet miraculously he survived. His mind grew like a always streaming bubbling mass of lava pouring into a crimson lake of steaming chemistries and fire. From this the inspiration and motivations of his lineage stems. Just as he had emerged from the waters a long time ago to breath the tendrils of air into his pitiful but flourishing lungs, he will one day burst through the outer netting of his airy earthen world and venture out into the dark nebular gemstone abyss of cosmic space. He carries with him a history as mysterious and varied and homeless as the sight of a billion billion galaxies appearing like tiny flower buds across fathomless distances of space and time.
edit on 31-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Similar to speculation regarding Orang Pendek, if it exists, being a hold out surviving example of Homo flourensis, or the 'hobbit', there's some equal speculation regarding the highly speculative subject of Sasquatch also being another hominid holdout as opposed to an ape.

A recent book is out on the subject titled You are Sasquatch.
I've yet to read it but corresponded with the author for about a week on the subject and He's some compelling arguments.

Following link to Youtube proper will give you links to where you can read first chapter and/or download complete book.

If Sasquatch ever does come out of the shadows of cryptid mystery, it'd certainly, just like speculation regarding Orang Pendek, be quite exciting were it found to be a proper hominid as opposed to an ape.

Proper Hominid could very well equate to having someone else other than human/homo sapiens to 'talk' to.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Multiple Human Species Were Likely The Norm

This month, a new fossil analysis out of East Africa shows that several kinds of humans coexisted around 2 million years ago, near the dawn of all human species. Scientists say the familiar cartoon image of increasingly upright creatures progressing to a human male is misleading. We should picture a bushy tree, with multiple branches or types of humans existing at different points in time. Many early models of humanity were not our ancestors, but simply died out.

Even after Homo sapiens emerged, we coexisted with Neanderthals as well as a lesser-known group called the Denisovans, the long-lived species Homo erectus, and the diminutive “hobbit” species Homo floresiensis. The last group didn’t go extinct until about 12,000 years ago, which is an eyeblink in evolutionary time. “There have been many experiments in becoming human, most of which didn’t succeed in the long run,” said William Kimbel, who directs the Institute of Human Origins at Arizona State University.

As many of you know I proposed this possibility in a couple of the threads I've written, most notably Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories and to a lesser extent Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

In them [Well worth the time to read if you haven't already] I proposed that maybe the reason why the scientific community sometimes find objects which obviously show signs of intelligence yet do not fit into our [Homo Sapiens] timeline which may have been created by those who were our Genetic cousins of sorts.

For those of you who are like me find this fascinating possibility intriguing should read the above linked article in it's entirety and I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts.

As always.

Stay tuned....
edit on 31-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I could only imagine what had happened to these multiple species of humans.

Maybe they had interbred so much that the very small population had delineated into just one line of Hom-Sapiens.

Very intriguing nonetheless.

Thanks Slayer,
Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

This ones Harry Bigfoot of the original Arizona tribe........IQ = 245.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I've often wondered if that could still be around.
Great Destination truth episode

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A mystic is someone who has mystical experiences – who experiences what they interpret as the divine as a set of direct sensory and emotional stimuli. Basically, exalted visions and dreams. Are you such a person?

I've known a few mystics. They are uninterested in preaching and arguing with people, since they tend to feel that what they experience is impossible to express in words. The ones who do try to communicate their experiences we call prophets. Are you sure you're not a prophet?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by MamaJ

A mystic is someone who has mystical experiences – who experiences what they interpret as the divine as a set of direct sensory and emotional stimuli. Basically, exalted visions and dreams. Are you such a person?

I've known a few mystics. They are uninterested in preaching and arguing with people, since they tend to feel that what they experience is impossible to express in words. The ones who do try to communicate their experiences we call prophets. Are you sure you're not a prophet?

There are different meanings and I feel as though I represent all of the meanings. I'm inclined to be lead by expressions and have been since I was a child. It can be jaw dropping at times.

My experiences when conveyed are usually considered philosophical by many and do not consider myself as a prophet.

On topic I believe the Earth to have sustained herself for billions of years and has inhabited many ages of the evolving spirit mixed with flesh and blood whereas she expresses herself in such a way when the order of her nature is not going in the order that allows her to sustain in the system she finds herself in.

Humans today are slaves to our own system and we too are beginning to express our self in ways that are shouting from the roof tops yelling to others change is coming!!!! Why? Because life is not going in the order of our truer nature either.

Good leaders are needed yet we see they are all tainted by the matter that's trapped us here for so many ages.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Likely the Norm?? It still is just look around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join