It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

His speach has been universally panned; even the gop has distanced themselves from it. Oh the irony if it was an actor who wasn't a tough guy in movies, or simply an actor you didn't like would you feel the same way? Anyone other than your "friend" "Clint" and you'd be saying, "wow, that was tough to watch."

CJ

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

His speach has been universally panned; even the gop has distanced themselves from it. Oh the irony if it was an actor who wasn't a tough guy in movies, or simply an actor you didn't like would you feel the same way? Anyone other than your "friend" "Clint" and you'd be saying, "wow, that was tough to watch."

CJ

Clint Eastwoods speech reminds me of his movie Gran Torino.

His speech appealed to the average Americans not the hoity-toity elitists in Washington DC.

Well done Clint !

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

That is exactly what I said on page 2 of this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Eastwood

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week.

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week.

I had three points I wanted to make,” Eastwood said. “That not everybody in Hollywood is on the left, that Obama has broken a lot of the promises he made when he took office, and that the people should feel free to get rid of any politician who’s not doing a good job. But I didn’t make up my mind exactly what I was going to say until I said it.”

“Even people on the liberal side are starting to worry about going off a fiscal cliff,” Eastwood said.

“There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down,” Eastwood said. “When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I’ll just put the stool out there and I’ll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn’t keep all of the promises he made to everybody.”

www.pineconearchive.com...

“A lot of people are realizing they had the wool pulled over their eyes by Obama,” Eastwood said.
edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Eastwood

I had three points I wanted to make,” Eastwood said. “That not everybody in Hollywood is on the left, that Obama has broken a lot of the promises he made when he took office, and that the people should feel free to get rid of any politician who’s not doing a good job. But I didn’t make up my mind exactly what I was going to say until I said it.”

“Even people on the liberal side are starting to worry about going off a fiscal cliff,” Eastwood said.

“There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down,” Eastwood said. “When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I’ll just put the stool out there and I’ll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn’t keep all of the promises he made to everybody.”

www.pineconearchive.com...

“A lot of people are realizing they had the wool pulled over their eyes by Obama,” Eastwood said.
edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Yes, and WHO perpetuated the hoax ???

I mainly blame NBC.

The Hope and Change bumper sticker is gone. - 2 months to go -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Eastwood also said this in the "Pinecone"

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

People in the middle saw a pathetic old man talking to an empty chair, rambling, obviously grasping at straws to make a point.

That is why the GOP is distancing itself from Clint's speech. Because without the support of moderates, the GOP will lose to Obama once again. The GOP has the right wing in it's pocket; but that's not near enough to win national elections. imo

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

People in the middle saw a pathetic old man talking to an empty chair, rambling, obviously grasping at straws to make a point.

That is why the GOP is distancing itself from Clint's speech. Because without the support of moderates, the GOP will lose to Obama once again. The GOP has the right wing in it's pocket; but that's not near enough to win national elections. imo

The middle class saw an old patriot speak the truth.

There are 23 million Americans unemployed. That is a disgrace.

Clint also said " We own this country."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood was interviewed on Extra today. While discussing his skit at the RNC, Mr. Eastwood said:

"If somebody is dumb enough to ask me to go to political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get,"

Did he just call the organizers of the RNC "dumb"?

He also discussed where he got the idea for the skit.

As for the origins of the act, Eastwood said he stole the idea from himself adding that he previously did a similar skit while speaking at a funeral for a friend.

So he has done this skit twice now....likely both times it will have been at a funeral.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by olaru12

The middle class saw an old patriot speak the truth.

There are 23 million Americans unemployed. That is a disgrace.

Clint also said " We own this country."

I though that I'd highlight a few of the points that he made. If one looks at a transcript, I'm not taking these out of context. 

I know what you are thinking 
all left wingers out there, left of Lenin. 
conservatives play closer to the vest 
but they are there, believe me, they are there 
These people are all like-minded

Everybody is trying, Oprah was crying. 
now it may be time for somebody else to come along and solve the problem 
OK 
terrorists in downtown New York City. 
overrule  
we are moving onwards 
the Russians 
a target date for bringing everybody home

it is my turn 
 absolutely crazy 
Kind of a grin with a body behind it 
weigh both sides. 
devil’s advocating this
A stellar businessman 
maybe still use a plane 
Though maybe a smaller one

big gas  
an ecological man 
we own this country.
It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go 
masochists 
Make my day 

Just like the seemingly disjointed Olympic ceremonies, he is giving you the same message in a seemingly disjointed message. It is their time, devil advocating masochists even more left than Lenin who are willing to use contrived events like Oklahoma and New York to MAKE HIS DAY POSSIBLE. They may still use a plane, but a smaller one. And they are serious and THEY (democrat and republican) ARE LIKE MINDED. 

This is why he was there, doing the "old bumbling man" routine. Everybody would see that instead of the deadly message that he did give.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join