It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow....His best work since his debut in "The Creature from The Black Lagoon" ( He was a young scientist).

Now...Did he fire 5 shots or 6? well whats it gonna be Barry...5 shots or 6? or maybe 7 or 8 or 10, who damn well knows.....Hes too old to count anymore.........

You sure he wasnt talking to Clyde's ghost?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I thought it was brilliant, witty, and original. And no teleprompter.

You can only hate Clint if you are a leftist. But what are we to do....as some here have been known to say....haters always gonna hate

I'm a leftist and I love Clint. In fact, I think he's a 'conservative' with pretty leftist leanings. a Trojan Horse, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Love Clint and loved his message. He was totally clear - we need to get rid of Obama and get Romney elected.
Takes guts to stand up as a Republican in big Lib Hollywood. He made my day.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
The "WE" refers to the first line of the preamble to the U.S. Constitution, "We the People".
This refers to all American citizens owning this country of ours. In order to own the country it implies that you must stay involved in the governing of this country. Unfortunately, a large percentage of our citizens have abdicated this responsibility and have chosen to give up on our country. This is either because they don't know what to do to change it or it's because they'd rather spend their time watching reality TV instead of getting an understanding of the problems facing this country.
So the "WE" is referring to us that haven't given up on this country and are willing to continue our struggle to return it to the free country that it used to be.

So only some Americans own America?
How American of you.
Can you tell me exactly who owns this country and who does not?
You must have names, right?
Who watches too much reality TV to also vote?
Who are these people and who decided they are not active enough to also be owners of the country they live in?
How do we know you qualify?
Are you as active as an elected official? Maybe you do not own a damn thing either. Maybe people that waste time ranting online are just as worthless as people that watch dancing with the stars. Were you in on the committee that decided?
I want details about this ownership.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What is amazing is how many people don't get what Eastwood did. The brilliance of the "skit" was rather obvious.

The fact is the empty chair was the the perfect representation of the past 4 years Obama was elected but the empty seat represents the fact that the American people have no representation in Washington.

Empty words,empty rhetoric promises made that have not changed one thing in this country one iota in fact the situtation has been exasserbated.

Partisan politics.blind ideology cloud the simple fact when people are looking at everything but government and politicans policies there will be no solution offered to fix this country.

East Wood gave a great speech but should have ended with "Obama, Get off my lawn.".
edit on 31-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You're right Eastwood is an actor. As was Reagan. But then again, so are lawyers....guess we all are to some degree. some seem to better at it than others.....so what's your point??

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
WE = American citizens as opposed to politicians or ruling class!!

So he was he campaigning for?
Who was that convention all about?
Seemed like politicians to me.

Don’t try to twist that into some racial or NWO garbage.

Your tinfoil hat is too tight.

If his message didn’t resonate with you that’s too bad but don’t make it something it’s not…..please.

What did I make it?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Welcome to Washington DC - President Mitt Romney -.

Boy, are we glad to see you !

I thought we owned this country as opposed to the politicians and ruling class?
Yet you love the politician?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Some people can't recognize genius when they see it...

No kidding. How sad.

CJ

i really wouldnt stretch it enough to call it 'genius'.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's genius if you're over 60 years old.....

Talking to a chair is senile..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It was a little weird at first. Took a minute to "get with the program" and realize what he was doing. After that it was just funny. And probably fairly accurate in my opinion. He did make some good points, in a funny and entertaining way. I'll take listening to him over a politician any day...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I think it represents today's politics quite vividly. The GOP convention focuses on an old white man who can't remember what year it is speaking to an empty chair...in other words the GOP is a party for crazy bat shizz old white men who talk to inanimate objects and garner wild admiration and applause from those who remember the crazy old man from the talkies...that one movie where he and an orangutan went to dive bars and fought red neck drunks is a personal favorite - boy the symbolism of good vs evil (right vs left) in that is getting me all hot and bothered right now...

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
he's getting roasted

sad

they should have at least combed his hair

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The current administration keep's treating half of this country like they are not even there yet that is perfectly acceptable, but when the shoe is on the other foot it's "senile".

Gotta love the double standards.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

exactly agree!. What the alternative listening to a another poltician talking political rhetcoric that is unintelliable except to other politicians.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The current President is treating more than half the population like that. Why be selective and have the delusion that Romney is going to do any better? It is after all, simply a delusion. No one in govt cares about you Neo.

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
He looked like a senile old man, not only talking to an empty chair but responding to imaginary responses.
If the Republicans think this was in anyway helpful to their campaign then they have rocks in their heads.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Hmmm.......

That senile old man, metaphorically transformed that "empty" chair, into what a majority of America, feels about our Current President, and this current Administration.

Fortunately, I don't need Clint Eastwood, to show me, or actually tell me whats wrong. I have Obama for that.......

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny! What's up? Hope all is well. Yes, the metaphore is not lost on anyone. Too bad Clint was pawned off to do the bit. The entire convention, like the dem one will be, is a sad spectacle of churlish and borish attempts to show what the other has not done. How much does all of this cost? Would be nice if the tens of millions were actually spent on something that mattered. And no matter how anyone spins it, Clint looked like he was struggling. It was sad on many levels, imo. That said, sweet avatar!

CJ
edit on 1-9-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join