It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 12
13
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


Is he sane?

Talking to a chair?

Couldn't they have trotted out Bobby Jindal? Someone sharper than Clint? Hell, even Sarah Palin would have made more sense than that claptrap speech of Clint's.




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Ah yes, I have seen commercials for it. Looks to be quite riveting.


It has grossed over $13 Million !

It's doing so well that more theaters are showing it .



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Clint is an ACTOR, why is he speaking at a political convention?



edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Are you serious? Do you try to look stupid? Ever seen any actors at Democrat conventions or making over the top adds in support of Democrats?


I would just love to see an example of anything from any DNC that is is anywhere near as crazy.
Unless you are trying to look stupid?


Oh you'll get a chance don't worry. Sandra Fluke will stand up and tell the whole country that they are obligated to pay for her contraceptives. In fact she will represent the entire radical outlook of this admin that says that free contraceptives are more valuable than life itself and that someone else is obligated to pay for it. It also represents the goals of the UN Agenda 21.
edit on 31-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 



Clint Eastwood To Barack Obama: Mission complete, it all went according to plan, sir. -Chris Rock

“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”-Eastwood



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm quite certain that the very people who think Clint's speech was a disaster for the RNC, would otherwise think how he was completely meaningless had he executed a more traditional approach.

Too funny how many hernias Clint created in his unscripted twelve minutes.



edit on 31-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


Getting off-topic here.

Though it does seem that Republicans are against celebrity endorsements unless it's their own celebrity endorsements.

Hypocrisy is fun.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Clint is an ACTOR, why is he speaking at a political convention?



edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Are you serious? Do you try to look stupid? Ever seen any actors at Democrat conventions or making over the top adds in support of Democrats?


I would just love to see an example of anything from any DNC that is is anywhere near as crazy.
Unless you are trying to look stupid?


Oh you'll get a chance don't worry. Sandra Fluke will stand up and tell the whole country that they are obligated to pay for her contraceptives. In fact she will represent the entire radical outlook of this admin that says that free contraceptives are more valuable than life itself and that someone else is obligated to pay for it. It also repreents the goals of the UN Agenda 21.


That will be hilarious! Sandra Fluke is a loser.

Bill O'Reilly busted Juan Williams a few days ago.

O'Reilly: Juan if you were walking down the street in Washington DC and Sandra Fluke

came running up to you and asked you for $100 to pay for her birth control for 6 months

would you give her the $100 ?

Juan Williams Answer: " No. "


------------
This War on Women is a joke. Nobody is buying it.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


Obama has been the one promoting higher taxes, and all the talking points of the Democrat Party(I refuse to call it the DemocratIC Party because they are trying to make it sound better than it is). and you are saying Republicans are going to bring higher taxes?
I think you need to get out more maybe.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


Getting off-topic here.

Though it does seem that Republicans are against celebrity endorsements unless it's their own celebrity endorsements.

Hypocrisy is fun.


Are you calling Sandra Fluke a celebrity? It's the left here bashing Clint, remember that. NARAL isn't a celebrity either, it's a radical feminist lobby. Oh wait, I thought lobbyists are bad? Occupy is scheduled to go to the DNC so maybe they will protest NARAL too.....not holding my breath though.

Edit: but Ellen Barkin is a celebrity and she was hoping the hurricane would kill off all the RNC attendees.
edit on 31-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greenie65
 
He was a mayor in california, for a couple of terms I beleive. I like the "We own this country" And we as people need to start remembering that.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by intrepid
 


Is he sane?

Talking to a chair?

Couldn't they have trotted out Bobby Jindal? Someone sharper than Clint? Hell, even Sarah Palin would have made more sense than that claptrap speech of Clint's.


It's called performance art. Clint is an artist.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 


Awkward, stilted,rambling and nonsensical.

Ron Paul, his delegates and supporters get the shaft at the RNC,but Clint gets to growl at an empty chair?

Still love Clints work as a director and actor though.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Why is everyone tripping the guy did a great job. He's an actor with nothing to lose as demonstrated and he was entertaining and got everyone talking about the RNC. I think many people started to dream about clint for prez or voting for Ron Paul.

The only thing I didnt like is Al Sharpton criticzing him - I can't wait until the day when I can call that guy an ahole and not be considered racist by default.
edit on 31-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


Obama has been the one promoting higher taxes, and all the talking points of the Democrat Party(I refuse to call it the DemocratIC Party because they are trying to make it sound better than it is). and you are saying Republicans are going to bring higher taxes?
I think you need to get out more maybe.


It doesn't matter whether you vote republican or democrat, both doors lead to the same slaughterhouse. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, with the amount of information available, that some people still believe in the false dichotomy principle of the two (or three) party system. If I need to get out more, you must be living in a cave. At least I have done the research and I see the system for what it is; a construct to give the masses the illusion of choice while those in power do exactly what they want with legalized impunity. Sorry if I am a bit of cynic, but working on and/or controlling military, government and university research programs/projects for a large number of years and witnessing the corruption in tax/public funds frauds as well as illegal arms deals, in most cases first hand, has made me a little more than cynical and callous towards this system (and there's even more criminal activity I have witnessed and whistleblown on).

Both Romney and Obama are scumbags and the US will get what it paid for in the corporate purchase of these meat puppets and apparently what it deserves. I feel a sense of pity for what the US is about to experience, what we all are actually, when this house of cards comes crashing down.

Cheerrs - Dave
edit on 8/31.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dems and Reps dont really have the mental capacity to recognize Eastwoods genius in that little stage play. Its disheartening how dumbed down the American populace has become.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Who cares, the whole extravaganza is a circus, is a pathetic joke. If the system doesn't make room for a third party, the USA is toast, with special corporate jam on top.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


I think many who watched did see the genius of it...

It's the partisans and talking heads that can't seem to figure out how to deal with what he did. You can hear their muscles strain and ligaments snap even from the comfort of your own home.

Very entertaining...


The empty suit and empty chair analogy is simply brilliant.

edit on 31-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by bobs_uruncle
 


Obama has been the one promoting higher taxes, and all the talking points of the Democrat Party(I refuse to call it the DemocratIC Party because they are trying to make it sound better than it is). and you are saying Republicans are going to bring higher taxes?
I think you need to get out more maybe.

He's bringing higher taxes to rich people which everyone(that isn't rich) should be in favor because it will help this country.

Here's Marc Cuban's thought on 3% taxes for the rich, skip to 3:39:
www.youtube.com...
Here's another interview:
www.youtube.com...



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Dems and Reps dont really have the mental capacity to recognize Eastwoods genius in that little stage play. Its disheartening how dumbed down the American populace has become.


I would argue that many people who are upholding it as some work of art would have panned it if it was at any other venue. It was in no way a great stage play. Clint Eastwood has shown his genius as a director, but ad-libbing appears not to be his strong point.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You mean the RNC carted out Clint Eastwood to try and win my vote?
Well, didn't work. But I still love me some Clint. I just don't like crazed right wing nuts.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join