It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

A bit OT.

This all would depend if you wanted to communicate to the conscious or if you wanted to by-pass the conscious altogether and go for the subconscious implant.

I read about a company that would press their logo into a confection before baking, when the product was fully baked the logo was invisible, but not to the subconscious. Subliminal tricks abound in our culture, there's everywhere; in the ice cubes inside that frosted glass with the cold drink ad, on cigarette packs, in mags, on TV, etc. You can be certain that you are constantly being bombarded with messages from everyone and their mother, all targeting your wide open subconscious.

There are meditation CDs with subliminal messages. Then there's the binaural beats technology that can produce freqs of .5 Hz and lower, which are far below the hearing threshold, or alternatively, much higher than one can hear. An example would be a commercial building where everyone was getting the same types of nauseous feelings. It seems the HVAC fans were the culprit. A combo of particular blade size and a specific frequency interacting with the infrastructure of the steel beams.

This is all old technology now, you can be sure that the arts have been advanced to terrifying heights. Maybe the tin-foil hatters have something after all, though I suspect you'd need a full-body 'condom' Faraday suit and you'd have to stay out of thunderstorms.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
"You and I are an elaborate experiment in how to control and manipulate large communities of people. We were lied to in the name of national security but we weren't zapped at least. Well, maybe some of us were..."

This quote by the GUT hits home with me because I felt "zapped" by an experience in Arizona in 1998. At the time I was a seeker, studying intensely with a shamanic/ceremonial organization, whose figurehead claims to have a shadowy military background.

I withdrew and isolated myself after my "zapped" experience, because at first I felt fear, and then a mixture of embarrassment and confusion. My experience had some of the hallmarks of the classic "intruder/incubus" model of sleep paralysis.

"The average witness is in shock because he's had a very traumatic experience, what he's seen is going to change his life. Your intervention, the very fact that you're talking with him about it, is also going to have an effect on him. Now he may say to you, "I need help to understand what I saw" but in fact he needs more immediate help as a human being who is deeply troubled by a very disturbing experience." --Jacques Vallee

Over the past decade I have done my own investigating, and threads like this help me quite a bit to try to make sense of my experience. Thank you! Most likely I have the schizotypal personality disorder . The group I was studying with was definitely a breeding ground for paraphreniacs. Now with more than ten years behind me I see several similarities between the group I was studying with and Scientology, which I believe to be a similar organization, an "elaborate experiment in how to control and manipulate large communities of people" with links to the UFO subculture.

I bring all this up because the OP wants to steer the discussion back to memes in UFO subculture. One of the most fascinating memes to me is the ceremonial magick/occult meme. It is not lost on me that the Aviary members chose or were assigned bird names, as birds are traditionally messengers of spirits in native folklore. I see a parallel between the sovereign or "other" status of Native reservations and their counterparts, secured military bases, hospitals, etc., on which reside the cultivation of special groups or "warriors" whose function is to train in order to make contact with EBEs, or hone the art of remote viewing, etc.
Lately I think the fertile ground in the study of "neuro psycho-sociological" memes in UFO subculture has more to do with Crowley, Castaneda, and interdimensionalism than with Tesla and "Roswell wreckage". Maybe each side serves to obfuscate the other?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lakespirit

In reference to your mention of Schizotypy

Schizotypy isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing.
There is such a state as "Healthy" Schizotypy:

Although aiming to reflect some of the features present in diagnosable mental illness, schizotypy does not necessarily imply that someone who is more schizotypal than someone else is more ill. For example, certain aspects of schizotypy may be beneficial. Both the Unusual experiences and Cognitive disorganisation aspects have been linked to Creativity and academic achievement. Jackson proposed the concept of ‘benign schizotypy’ in relation to certain classes of religious experience, which he suggested might be regarded as a form of problem-solving and therefore of adaptive value. The link between positive schizotypy and certain facets of creativity is consistent with the notion of a "healthy schizotypy", which may account for the persistence of schizophrenia-related genes in the population despite their many dysfunctional aspects.

Too often when people hear any designation beginning with "Schizo", they tend to derive negative association with the term.
I can see this where someone is being associated with Schizophrenia, but, in understanding Schizotypy aspects or even medium impact Schizotypal Personality Disorder, though there can be drawbacks, subjects are in no need for clinical interaction for the most part and may even benefit from the condition as described above when it comes to creative pursuits.

Schizotypy in some ways, considering the creative aspects associated with healthy subjects, could be like having Synesthesia which is actually quite a wonderful and fascinating condition.

Self awareness regarding the condition is certainly key, just as people all over do everyday in working through conditions like Agoraphobia, Asperger's, OCD, Tourettes, Dyslexia, Neurosis, and any number of other common and more commonly known designations.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ryan Dube has done some incredibly kick-butt research on the Mind-Blowing Meme Machinations of The Aviary most definitely.

He talks about a few aspects of that here and the connections of MJ-12 back to the "Core Story" put together in the 70's by Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green, Hal Puthoff, and Dr. Jacques Vallee and the continued association of Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green with all of the intelligence professionals that surround the MJ-12 meme dispersal and saturation.

How, unless you believe MJ-12 to be a legitimate set of documents--which most of us don't--are we ever expected to inch closer to the truth when one meme goes down and another rears it's deceptive head(Serpo)?

...Back to 2005. Acting as “anonymous,” Mr. Doty and his friends (yes, there were others helping him along in this edeavor) spent months distributing this new, contemporary form of the same message offered to Ufology in the 1980′s as “MJ-12.” After the Ufology crowd went ga-ga over it…Doty was eventually identified as the culprit, and half the crowd went, “aaaaawwww.”

Show’s over. Or is it?

Creepy Crawlies Under the Rocks

…[Excellent] investigators began turning over rocks and uncovering more about those who were assisting Doty with these story releases, the apparent depth and scope of the scam started to take shape. Tracing back elements of the 2005 releases revealed a ‘core story’ that spans back to not only the 1980′s, but as early as the 1970′s. Finally, we are getting to the real meat – the real core…

The List

There’s a lot of history to cover, but the important thing to understand is that what people have seen on the very surface, the culprits people think they know, are only a few of a wider group that’s been involved in this thing from day one. What is this thing? It’s an experiment, of sorts. It’s important to take a look at what and who we’re dealing with here.

Ron Pandolfi – CIA Scientist (possibly former) who expressed an interest in the 30 year scams early on in the Doty investigation.

Kit Green – Former CIA scientist who had an obvious interest in the 30 year scams, with an intense interest in Ufology believers – the weirder the better. Found shoulder to shoulder with Doty in 2005.[/bd]

Hal Puthoff – Former government contractor and former parapsychologist who has an avid interest in any form of metaphysical science that can bring lots of money. Also working with Doty in 2005.

Jacques Vallee – Former computer expert with a fascination regarding Ufology cults and beliefs, as well as the phenomenon itself.

John Alexander – Mr. Non-Lethal-Weapons himself, with a fascinating in parapsychology and just about anything else paranormal…his hands deep into everything.

C.B. Scott Jones – Ever heard of him? Sen. Claiborne Pell’s embarassment…and Prince Hans Adam’s biggest mistake. He remains a constant eyesore at UFO conferences…what’s his involvement? That’s why we’re here folks. That’s why we’re here.[/bd]

...A few cryptic emails filled with metaphors hit my mailbox recently. Maybe a warning that we’re getting too close. Maybe a hint that the heat is getting too much. Who knows…these guys have toyed with Ufology researchers for many years, they’re not about to stop playing their games now. One thing is obvious, the first two men on the list above are “tight.”…

linkwww.topsecretwriters.com...

Rick Doty

edit on 6-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lakespirit
This quote by the GUT hits home with me...I have done my own investigating, and threads like this help me quite a bit to try to make sense of my experience...Thank you!...

You are very welcome. Glad it helped.

Hopefully folk will scroll past all that suspicious troll posting. Might be just a common troll...or it could be someone doesnt like this investigation. (Tweet-Tweet say the birdies.)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I hope it relates to the topic, but this subject brought this video snippet to mind, especially with the resemblance that they have to the characters seen in the FRINGE sci-fi series on TV - this video purports to have footage of two Men in Black entering a hotel in connection to some UFO sightings in the same area:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
An MJ-12 Timeline

1984 - Jaime Shandera receives "Operation Majestic 12" documents.

1986 to 1988 - A meeting at the house of retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Ernie Kellerstrass kicks off "bird" players Richard Doty, Dale Graff, Ernie Kellerstrass, Hal Puthoff, Scott Jones, Kit Green, John Alexander, and Robert Collins himself.

1987 - Shandera, Moore and Friedman release the MJ-12 documents to the public.

1988 - Richard Doty and Ernie Kellerstrass meet with and attempt to impress executive producer Seligman (the producer of "UFO Cover-Up Live") with cloak-and-dagger dramatics.

1989 - Follow-up "group" meeting at an Albuquerque, NM hotel included Hal Puthoff, Kit Green, Rick Doty, Bill and Jaime and Collins. Collins writes, "Kit Green took center stage by proposing several lines of attack involving disclosure strategies."

1990's - Ufologist Timothy Cooper allegedly receives "new Majestic 12 documents". Researchers noted that typewriter anomalies in these new documents matched anomalies produced by Timothy's own typewriter. Note - Timothy Cooper is listed as a contributor, along with Richard Doty, to Robert Collin's book Exempt From Disclosure

2005 - Rick Doty, and pseudonym characters Gene and Paul, launched a story on the Internet called "Project Serpo", a tale about 12 astronauts who went on an exchange program to an alien planet. They claimed this was an alleged disclosure coming from an "anonymous" government insider. The scam was just as strange and ridiculous (and appeared to attempt to compete with) the ongoing Dan Burisch scam.

link

Please note the 1989 entry above which states in part:

"Kit Green took center stage by proposing several lines of attack involving disclosure strategies."

Meh, disclosure strategy or dispersal strategy...what's a few measly letters, right?

...Eventually, investigators at this site uncovered and revealed the names of individuals privately and very actively involved with the people (two other men...forming what has become termed the "Team of Five") who were distributing the information to the public via an email list and a website (and at least one presentation at a Laughlin Conference).

These individuals were none other than - Dr. Christopher Green and Dr. Harold Puthoff, both very good friends of Rick Doty's.

…investigators also published the fact that Rick Doty's own computer IP was identified on the header of not only the anonymous source emails, but also Paul McGovern's, and several other characters who were allegedly "insiders" communicating only via email, and refusing to meet anyone in person, or speak on the phone.

According to Bob Collins - the old group from the 1980s still exists. This group includes Hal Puthoff, Rick Doty, Kit Green, and Robert Collins, but very likely also includes Ernie Kellerstrass, Dale Graff, Scott Jones, and John Alexander…

link

Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green prefers to explain his involvement in the promotion and the distribution of the MJ-12 scam in an unofficial project to avoid UFO panic amongst the citizenry (us) because one day official disclosure would come he was sure, even though he had no official knowledge of that.

Got that? I'm not sure I do either. It's not too long and much of it is an interview with Dr. Green giving his take on his participation.

See what you can make of it. It seems to me that when we do hear from any of these guys that there is a lot of vague statements and/or double-speak. Like, you know, spook talk.

As I've stated here previously: I don't for a minute think that Kit Green was involved in some sleazy civilian scam.

The more one looks at it, imo, the more obvious it becomes that we're dealing with intelligence professionals working a top secret operation with the goal of disseminating false information involving UFOS and exterrestrial beings as it's subject matter.

And, as you peruse this remember what investigative journalist Gus Russo wrote our Aviary characters:

“The whole subject,” Jim says in wonderfully measured speech, “is composed of three components: delusion, sociological groupthink, and a kernel of truth.” Jim then reminds that he is first and foremost a medical scientist.

“My interest in this subject is much, much more professional than it is personal. That is, 90 to 95% of all persons who are engaged fully with this [UFO] subject are psychiatrically ill, and by that I mean that they are on medication or should be.”

Jim elaborates that “viral memes,”[see below] in which disturbed people seek validation in numbers on the web, is, or should be, a growing public health concern. That said, Jim nonetheless has a real interest in UFO’s, and seemingly with good reason.

Thinks a lot us don't he?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This thread is interesting although I'm not really sure what to make of it. There's a lot to read and I haven't gotten too far into it or cross referenced much of anything yet. I could comment on a lot of things written as a contactee but I don't want to get into thoughts/feelings of what others have said too much right now. I don't want this reply turning into a long opinionated commentary on the context until I have more of a sense of what I should take from the overall path of it, but I want to mention one thing I think is funny.

People keep talking about the Aviary and birds. I have no idea the Aviary is... I'll have to look that up but coincidentally my contact often refers to me as a bird.... such as He..."found a little bird" so on and so forth. It's not a reference to any group or anything as far as I'm aware... it's just a pet name... something from when I was young... and possibly something from another lifetime on this planet.

I'm not 100% certain about what I'm about to write because I do not have the luxury of remembering HIM from *past lives* as I believe he remembers me, yet I'm pretty certain we have a history. As much as I would love to have that veil removed, it is interesting to try to look through it... and since I have encountered other entities in my life who I'm even less certain of I'm weary of being deceived by cross contact.

I feel certain that he was once much more connected to the human race because it is simply logical on many levels I won't bother trying to explain right now... yet still, when I have visions of a human in a scenario appearing to try to take his role in my life, I feel it could have been possible in a past life but I'm also weary of actual humans trying to deceive me NOW and side track me. I'm sure many would wonder why the hell anyone would care... My explanation to that is some believe contactees may be drawing ETs closer and they don't want anyone making such moves to what they regard as strangers and believe it or not, I think it is a much bigger issue than people are realizing to the government. It is obvious to me that some are very afraid and some are taking this very seriously.

With that said...I believe this pet name started a long time ago and he also may refer to me as a *specific* type of small bird, but for my own reasons I don't want to say which type. I feel he was older than me and he just kind of looked upon some of my mannerisms and my appearance somewhat like a certain type of little bird in a past life on this planet. I just have a sense that this is something that goes way back but I could be wrong.

If that is not true, I'm still pretty certain that he has... now... referred to me in such a way both to me and to others.... and that another entity has referred to me as the more specific type of bird for reasons I don't care to discuss. Simply put, it is a way to personally involve themselves by mimicking things he does.

Why I'm confused about it is simply because we have not had the opportunity to formally discuss the past.
It is what it is... some things come through more clearly than other things because others must involve themselves between us for yet another reason I'd rather not go into... this thing about the all inclusive world that makes me feel both angry and yet responsible out of concern. It's too hard to explain.
edit on 6-9-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
I hope it relates to the topic, but this subject brought this video snippet to mind, especially with the resemblance that they have to the characters seen in the FRINGE sci-fi series on TV - this video purports to have footage of two Men in Black entering a hotel in connection to some UFO sightings in the same area:

You mean like this Guy?
I've heard he does a good impression of an MIB!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok... There's a lot going on in this thread but I'm just not certain how much time I can invest into reading it all right now for reasons I won't get into.... but lemme get this straight. The summary is that there is no such thing as an ET and all of these NUMEROUS people mentioned are proof that it has all been an experiment.

Is that correct or should I read on?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
Ok... There's a lot going on in this thread but I'm just not certain how much time I can invest into reading it all right now for reasons I won't get into.... but lemme get this straight. The summary is that there is no such thing as an ET and all of these NUMEROUS people mentioned are proof that it has all been an experiment.

No. Most of the menbers posting here are interested in the UFO phenomenon and have varied levels of belief.

The gist here is they are some folk who float FAKE stories of UFOS for purposes related to government intelligence. Which, yes, I'm asserting is a large and long-term government experiment.

It is hurtful, I assert, to all those who seek the truth. Stick around. UFO truth is important right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
well if i was the usaf and had my planes flying overhead it would be a plus to make people believe they were ufos

ufo stories ussualy dont get much attention so it benefits the tptb

me i m a firm believer,a lot of cases with hard evidence that you cant ignore

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

No. Most of the menbers posting here are interested in the UFO phenomenon and have varied levels of belief.

The gist here is they are some folk who float FAKE stories of UFOS for purposes related to government intelligence. Which, yes, I'm asserting is a large and long-term government experiment.

It is hurtful, I assert, to all those who seek the truth. Stick around. UFO truth is important right?

Oh, Ok. Again... haven't read all and was skipping around a bit.

I do believe many abduction stories are fake and I would recommend to any researcher with the ability to conduct lie detector tests to do so because the disinfo sludge is getting thick and tiresome. I realize polygraphs are not 100% accurate but I still believe they can be an asset partnered with other approaches to finding truth and they can always be repeatedly done. Many will not even consider taking one.

I have considered many reasons for this type of disinfo. They are of quite a variety... from all over the spectrum and since so many have a variety of different opinions on the whole subject, I think all of them could have at least a touch of validity.

I will dig deeper into the thread to see what I can work out.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok, I've only gotten halfway through a separate page on the history of the Aviary and already I'm itching to bring up some things that have recently crossed my mind.

So These people are into psychotronics and all that. I am adamant that a lot of this electronic stuff exists but there is something specific that I believe exists I refer to as Mind Link. I'm wondering if anyone can point to particular people involving such description of an experiment where information can be obtained from and given to a person one on one or with a group using the mind link and at least one unlinked target... to explore the thoughts of an individual while they are unaware and just consider themselves having thoughts to themselves and since one is generally candid when they think they are alone with their thoughts, it bypasses a lot of potential to lie... OR to expose any of the interviewers true identities OR true initiatives. The interviewers being those handling the mind link.

For OBVIOUS reasons most would consider that the government would want to develop such technology... so it's not far fetched in my opinion. I think of it as an artificial emulation of telepathy taken from ETs. I don't consider this knowledge an obvious display that ETs are willingly subjected to the governments whims because I tend to think that in wading through the waters of even your own worst enemies mind, you will often just uncover fragile fears or great ignorance in one's self... or their adversary, which can only be defeated with understanding. I can't say how this idea came about but I'm certain it involves ETs.

That does not mean I have admiration for anyone using such devices to implant falsehoods or use it for any other means to harass unsuspecting individuals, because I find that quite pathetic.

Although it is pretty scary in treading forward, I believe if we are to have any evolution beyond this point, it is going to involve telepathy. That being one sided and something that the government is only allowed to artificially explore, at this station of things, is still a violation of rights IMO.

Next thing that has me really scratching my head and I really don't want to get extremely deep into this and it is going to seem a bit random to some, perhaps... but in my mind it is connected to this subject for various reasons.

Everyone knows Phil Schneider's story. I have read some of it and some of it I DO believe, some of it I think is either sugar coated or directly meant to sway his audience but some of this has clearly got a grain of truth. I'm not meaning disrespect but this man was sent in obviously by people in our government who knew something about this presence. The first thing that is disjointed in his story is his reasons for being there in the first place. I think this is to dislocate any attachment to those who sent him there from having to answer what the hell THEY knew... and who THEY are in full. Obviously. If I am not mistaken he passes it off in one lecture that he was simply there to make a hole for a new construction. Bullcrap. Obviously.

I'll add he admitted to opening fire.

in other words, he gave no option for whom he was shooting at to act in self defense if what he says about what followed afterward is even true... which I'm still completely open to... and this is the reason I bring this up. My question is as follows...

He says he was laid open by energy that came from an ETs body after gesturing as though he was invoking this energy from within. Does anyone know if they had to put his intestines back in? I hate to be graphic but what I'm asking for is if anyone is more knowledgeable about the exact details... as in, were his guts ejected at a distance from his body? Clearly this would be a sight to behold but not necessarily fatal especially if his entrails were still attached and simply removed... and he did live to tell his tale. Granted this would incite fear into him, yet he was not killed despite killing someone else was what he set out to do. I'm just curious and would love to know exactly what went down if that part of his story is true. He says he didn't recall anything after that until he was pulled out.

I'm just curious. This may not seem like the right thread to be asking this in but maybe it has more involvement with this subject than is realized.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

You seem pretty cool to me and I'll have fun chatting with you about some of the topics you bring up on a relevant thread, but how about helping me stay on topic and researching this thing?

It's important you know. Don't make me sorry I'm starring you!

p.s, - If you start any threads, let me know and I'll stop by and help out.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

You seem pretty cool to me and I'll have fun chatting with you about some of the topics you bring up on a relevant thread, but how about helping me stay on topic and researching this thing?

It's important you know. Don't make me sorry I'm starring you!

p.s, - If you start any threads, let me know and I'll stop by and help out.

Well, thank you but I am still pretty certain that this mind link I am referring to is definitely connected to a government group which may in fact be this Aviary you are talking about. I think it's pretty relevant and certain behaviors or circumstances with these individuals would point to tell-tale signs of this.

I think it is also related to Phil Schneider's story because the truth was clearly being investigated when this man went to this location. By who?... The Aviary? Or perhaps this Aviary is dissecting the aftermath of standoffs to try to understand them more objectively, whether they be in Dulce or elsewhere. And when I say standoff, that term should bring to mind what many have to say about ETs on this planet and what separates their presence from us despite them allegedly being right under our nose. I'm sure you've heard it as well, that some locations are off limits to humans on this planet... and for good reason.

Some, like myself, also believe they don't go around just chit chatting with anyone around since many obviously want them them dead... so it should also be considered that some are looking for a hands off approach in communicating with entities that do not let too many people near them... hence another likely reason this tech has been engaged... especially in light of this incident. Not connected? Au contraire!

And concerning reasons to be slinging disinfo, Again I think objectivity should be implemented but I think a disembowelment scenario would qualify as a reason to be cautious but never to lie... That would be a losing battle but people lie for more futile reasons.

What's amazing in all of this is that the contact, various technology, peculiar situations, doubts followed by fears which lead to conflicts, conflicts which went silent as the media seemed to turn and disinfo began rising has all followed a very coincidental time line.

You may find many reasons for disinfo, but your number one reason at the end of the day is always going to be fear.

I promise.

P.S. You don't have to voice your generosity in stars if it makes you feel awkward, I'm not exactly looking for stars.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

gave ya one anyway. ::p

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Just to reiterate that which GUT has said. More and exercise in separating the wheat from the chaff and trying to work out possible motives for interest/disinformation with regards to a phenomenon, I for one, believe is a very real experience. What that experience specifically is I still am yet to understand. That's OK though, there's nothing wrong at all about wanting to understand that which has befuddled some seriously large intellects, to the point, they have just walked away from it. Part of the intrinsic beauty of being human is that, we are fallible and yet seek to improve our understanding.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Just to reiterate that which GUT has said. More and exercise in separating the wheat from the chaff and trying to work out possible motives for interest/disinformation with regards to a phenomenon, I for one, believe is a very real experience. What that experience specifically is I still am yet to understand. That's OK though, there's nothing wrong at all about wanting to understand that which has befuddled some seriously large intellects, to the point, they have just walked away from it. Part of the intrinsic beauty of being human is that, we are fallible and yet seek to improve our understanding.

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm clear on what "more and exercise in separating the wheat from the chaff and trying to work out possible motives for interest/disinformation with regards to a phenomenon, I believe is a very real experience."... is exactly meant to relay. Since it *appears* you are talking to me I feel I make sure I clearly understand what you're trying to tell me.

What I'm gleaning from this is that we have disinformation of a phenomenon that you believe is real but are unable to describe or specify?... and this thread is set out to find the motives to that disinformation.

Let me just throw this out there and I'm sure someone might find this too a bit random but again, it goes back to that time line I was talking about.

How many books have you seen advertised on a National TV Network three decades after they were written?

Perhaps this a more common occurrence than I am thinking it is so I feel I should ask first for a more fair comparison.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We're going to return for a moment to investigative journalist Gus Russo's work in the article, Is Uncle Sam a Closet Ufologist?

Gus Russo

Gus is no fly-by-nighter and his work has been nominated for a Pulitzer:

Dan Rather chose Russo to represent the critics of the Warren Report in his 1993 television special, Who Shot JFK? Russo was also employed as an investigative reporter for ABC News and worked with Peter Jennings on the television production of Dangerous World, The Kennedy Years.

In 1998 Russo published Live By The Sword: The Secret War against Castro and the Death of JFK…the book was well received by the anti-conspiracy media and was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

In his article (linked above) we have a cast of ufological tricksters. One in particular has apparently made statements that are of note to UFO believers and/or researchers. First, let's look at the men alleged to be behind the pseudonyms:

• “Tom” (pseudo.), a MASINT specialist (Measures and Signals Intelligence) with a PhD in chemistry

Paul, an aeronautics scholar interested in “breakthrough propulsion and gravity-modification technologies,” work down the hall from each at the Directorate of National Intelligence (DNI) headquarters in Washington.

• “Jim” (pseudo.), a physician and former CIA officer in the Directorate of Science and Technology, maintains his security clearance, and travels back to Washington often to work on classified psychological studies.

• Richard “Rick” Doty, a longtime friend and colleague of Jim, was an investigator assigned the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI).

And now, as they say in magic--and probably Majic too heheh--the reveal:

…Research identified and revealed the identities of "Tom" (Dr. Ron Pandolfi, CIA, DIA, ODNI), "Paul" (Paul Murad, OSD ATL), and "Jim" (Dr. Christopher Kit Green, former CIA analyst and DIA consultant to the TIGER Technology Warning Committee).
link

Now that we've established that--if you believe, like I do that there is a real basis of an anomalous nature behind the UFO enigma, you may not want to read the following from "Jim."
It seems at odds with his stated interests in the field and his life-long experience in esoterica, and yet, it is revealing on a number of levels:

“The whole subject,” Jim says in wonderfully measured speech, “is composed of three components: delusion, sociological groupthink, and a kernel of truth.” Jim then reminds that he is first and foremost a medical scientist.

“My interest in this subject is much, much more professional than it is personal. That is, 90 to 95% of all persons who are engaged fully with this [UFO] subject are psychiatrically ill, and by that I mean that they are on medication or should be.”

I say if we're sick, ahem, then the only medicine we need is a good dose of truth.
If we are "psychiatrically ill" as stated in the above quote by "Jim" I fail to see how a neuropsych-socio-ufological meme would be good medicine:

Jim elaborates that “viral memes,”[see below] in which disturbed people seek validation in numbers on the web, is, or should be, a growing public health concern.

Okay, nothing wrong with promoting public health…hey, wait a minute! I feel…violated. And You?

Neuropsycho-socio-ufological Meme Model

Being Fed by Birds of a Foul Feather

Is Uncle Sam a Closet Ufologist?
edit on 6-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join