It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disguised SEAL who wrote bin Laden raid book makes first TV appearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Disguised SEAL who wrote bin Laden raid book makes first TV appearance

news.yahoo.com

The former Navy SEAL who wrote about his part in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden was interviewed on "60 Minutes." The CBS news program disguised his face and altered his voice to protect his identity.

"He calls himself Mark Owen. That's not his real name. We've disguised him and will keep his name confidential for his own safety," begins the "60 Minutes" piece.

CBS used a professional makeup artist to render his true appearance unrecognizable, The Atlantic reported.

Mark Owen is the pen name of the author of "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Owen's account really does contradict the various versions that the government have put out.Looking forward to the interview coming up September 9th.I suspect that we may see the actual photos of OBL's body but,that depends on Obama's poll numbers.I just heard some networks have already revealed Owen's real name.True journalism in action.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What's the point of "disguising" him, when his real name has already been published? (Source)

Guy screwed up, royally. Special Forces don't talk about that stuff, and they surely don't write books about it. Personal gain at the expense of your fellow servicemen borders on treason, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
What's the point of "disguising" him, when his real name has already been published? (Source)

Guy screwed up, royally. Special Forces don't talk about that stuff, and they surely don't write books about it. Personal gain at the expense of your fellow servicemen borders on treason, in my opinion.

I agree. They live by the policy, "Sure I can tell you, but then I'll have to kill you...".

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So lets see.....

This navy seal writes a book on the bin laden raid to correct the administrations version of events. The government is now going down the road of possible charges because the book contains classified / restricted information that is not suppose to be released to the public.

People in the Obama administration have been leaking classified information to such an extent it would make the Titanic flooding look like a drip. The DOJ "investigates" by assigning 2 prosecutors who so far have done nothing while the info leaks continue.

I mean really, whats the point in having federal law enforcement / prosecutors if you arent going to use them to go after / intimidate / harass political enemies....

/end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If the gov have nothing to hide they should have nothing to fear right? If youre forced to sign a piece of paper that swears your actions to secrecy then theres a good chance those actions are illegal or would disgust the public at large.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I find it suspect that so soon after...he's already out as an "ex". Its odd the team used a few good men..and potentially one or two ready to get out of service. That seems unusually detrimental to the secrecy and continuing effort covert or otherwise of the future exploits of the team. No?

Perhaps a "plant" or "shill" to mislead the real story? Dis-information after all is the governments thing....

new topics

top topics

join