It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Man Saves Daughter From Abduction Attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It started out as a family sightseeing trip to Chicago, and ended as a nightmare when Kelly Davis chased down a man he says tried to kidnap his two-year-old daughter.

"We wanted take a nighttime adventure with our two daughters. We like to go to the city - it's a nice place to see the tall buildings, the lights and the river," Davis said. "And my oldest daughter loves the Picasso statue." Davis and his children live in suburban Zion, Ill.

There is a slide at the base of the statue, which is located at Daley Plaza in the Chicago Loop. Davis said the girls were playing there when a man, who was later identified by police as James Gates, tried to grab Davis' youngest daughter, Myla.

"We were playing on the Picasso and sliding and having fun," Davis said. "And then I noticed that this guy was heading in our direction and his attention was focused our way."

Davis said he wasn't suspicious of Gates at first, but soon realized something was very wrong.

"It wasn't too alarming because people will come up and ask for a cigarette or spare change or whatever. But as he got closer, I realized he wasn't making eye contact with me and nothing to give me the feeling he is about to speak to me. And he gets even closer and I notice he has this fixation on my daughters."

Davis said he put himself between his girls and the man who was closing in on them.

"I looked over and he was actually stepping up onto the statue and trying to reach around my left side and grab my daughter," Davis said. "So I pushed him away and put my body between him and my daughter."

Davis said his fiancee, Amanda Green, hurried the children to safety as Gates tried to attack him.

"This guy was in my face telling me that's his daughter and her nickname is Goldilocks," Davis said. "And I'm telling him to get the (expletive) away from my family, away from my daughter. And he's being so persistent that it's his daughter and trying to get through me to get to her."

He said Gates then tried to attack him. Davis pulled back to dodge the punch, but was hit in the nose.

"The whole time I was just thinking, 'there's nothing this man can do to get past me to get my child,'" Davis said.

By then, a bystander had called the police.

"Then he just starts walking off, so I followed him," Davis said. "My anger and adrenaline is running rampant."

Davis said he followed Gates for about 25 minutes, down streets and alleyways, until the police came.

Gates was taken into custody and faces a felony charge of kidnapping with the threat of force and a misdemeanor battery charge, according to the Chicago Police Department.

Source

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I can't imagine what the Father went through when he was chasing after the kidnapper who kidnapped his daughter but I'm sure as hell glad that his daughter is safe and sound right where she belongs. This article makes me think about my daughter, who is two years old and I currently live 1500 km away from her and it kills me everyday to be away from her. After reading this article, it got me thinking about something;

God forbid something ever happens to my daughter, and I want to do everything I can to make sure nothing ever happens to her. Since I can't be with her at this point in my life to protect her everywhere she goes, I came up with an idea to buy her a necklace with a GPS tracking device so if something ever happened to her I could contact the authorities and tell them her whereabouts or better yet, find her on my own and deal with the kidnappers myself by making them wish they were never born.

So my question is, is it possible? To have a necklace with a good GPS tracking device? If so, where might I be able to find the best possible device for this kind of situation? I had to ask because this article made me really sad just imagining the possibility that daughter goes missing. She means everything to me, she is my world.

This is my daughter.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow just wow. Too bad pops didnt carry a weapon and just gut this bass turd where he stood.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Wow just wow. Too bad pops didnt carry a weapon and just gut this bass turd where he stood.

Exactly. I wouldn't blame him either. I'd bet he would get away with it like that guy in Texas did when he caught someone else trying to molest his daughter or something? I'm sure you all know the topic I'm talking about because it wasn't discussed on ATS that long ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would also like to add that I'm surprised to see through websites like Kijiji, people putting up ads looking for others to pick up their own children from School or anywhere else for that matter. I mean, who knows what kind of sickos would reply to those ads and do god knows what with those children. I don't know how anyone can put up ads like that especially in the times we live in today. I wouldn't trust a living soul to walk my daughter home from School, let alone put it on an ad on-line for everyone to see.

new topics

top topics

join