Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys’

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys’
(rawstory.com)

“The demographics race we’re losing badly [sic],” the senior senator from South Carolina explained. “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

“We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”
-- Sen. Lindsey Graham

Republican strategist Karl Rove admitted earlier this week that part of Mitt Romney’s plan to win the White House has to include getting “white Democrats” not to vote for President Barack Obama.

And pundits like MSNBC’s Chris Matthews see a strategy by Republicans to capture those votes by dividing the country with racial politics.

On Monday, Matthews blasted Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus for playing the “race card” with birther jokes and falsehoods about ending work requirements for welfare.

Graham is waking up to the fact the GOP has been more and more exclusionary in it's demographics and is likely, as Graham says, dooming itself. It can't singly rely on it's core, as Graham also states, of 'angry white guys' to stay in business.

The GOP voter-suppression tactics might keep the minority voters away (for now) but the party is on a path to obscurity.

Context for the quote comes from:
As Republican convention emphasizes diversity, racial incidents intrude
By Rosalind S. Helderman and Jon Cohen

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

"See there you go playing that race card again" in three, two, one.

Well we had the "peanut incident" this week we also had this today...
www.youtube.com...

GOP-supporting bigot: "It's about time we got a First Lady who looks like a First Lady..."

Some poster in another thread referred to Obama as the "Black Knight" today but I'm sure that had absolutely nothing to do with Obama's ethnicity.
& then they are amazed because we infer racism.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

"See there you go playing that race card again" in three, two, one.

Fully expecting that to happen anytime now. My preemptive reply is, tell that to Graham. Or any of these GOP bigots who keep opening their mouths and inserting their foot.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think he is wrong. There are plenty of angry white men, but they wish they didn't have to be angry. Their anger is just pointed at guys like Linset Graham who help perpertrate the anger.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The USA is still 70% white. There's more than enough angry White men to go around....for a few decades at least. Once the baby boomers die maybe the country can progress a little bit.

Why did he say "angry white guy"?, we all know that means racist white guys.

Like this guy

But the unapologetic conservative insisted that rather than misspell the expletive without the 'c', the letters were intended as an acronym for 'Fundamentally Useless Kenyan', referring to the belief held by many far right-wingers, that the President is not in fact American.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

How is this thread not getting more attention???

It's right here in plain english...this is the Republican's plan...they are trying to make white people angry so they vote Republican.

For all the denial from the Right that their party isn't the party of white men....what do they have to say to this???

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I've been noticing lately that any pro-Obama or Anti-Romney threads that make this case so clearly (the case being that the GOP is using race to get votes) is virtually ignored by the right. That's OK. People still read them.
There's nothing here to defend. It's so obvious what the GOP is doing this year (and have been doing for the past 4 years) that there's really not much anyone can say. With people like Karl Rove engineering things from the background, we can expect this to get worse and worse as the election nears.

I wonder if Graham and his buddies have trolled the KKK. There's probably plenty of angry white men there. Also, White Supremacy Groups are Growing in the US, so there are really a LOT of voters they could be bringing in.

Don Black, a 55 year-old former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard, claimed more than 2,000 people joined his website on the day after Obama's election, up from 80 on an ordinary day. Started in 1995, Black's website is one of the oldest and largest hate group sites, now claiming 110,000 members. As David Duke, a former Klan leader who was once a member of the Louisiana legislature, has said, Obama is a "visual aid" that galvanizes the white supremacist movement.

These comments that are being made by the right (by Romney and others in the party) are being called "dog whistle" comments, because they get the attention of people who have race-based fears. I had never heard that term, but it makes perfect sense. This is intentional.

Romney's "Dog Whistles" are Clear to White Racists Online

The central element of dog whistle politics is that the cues are so subtle and coded that only the target audience will pick up on a given speaker's real intent. Ostensibly, these secret codes and signals give a politician plausible deniability, where in Romney's case (and the Republican Party in mass) racism can be denied, and then the assertion flipped in a game of political Aikido that plays on white victimology and spurious claims of "reverse racism."

Does that sound REALLY familiar?

Romney's "Nobody asked for MY birth certificate" comment was clearly one of the most blatant "dog whistles" I've heard this election, meant to spark the interest of birthers out there. And his supporters can deny racism - and in their minds, THEY are the victim of racism for being called out.

It's really sick...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Fun fact of the day, Obama and Romney are the same person. Extraordinary rendition will continue. Indefinite Detention will continue. GOP? Democrats? Both are going to expand government power. So it really doesn't make sense to hurl insults lest you target both.

Im white and disagree with all politicians...oh dear me no! That includes Obama I must be racist. Oh no! I also don't like Romney... I must be a self hating white guy. Either that or all politicians are liars and theives...

Why does no one ever get that politicians regardless of race creed or upbringing, do not have your best interest at heart.

You only have to look at the increase of their salary over the years to know not to trust them. walterdimmock.com...
edit on 31-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've been noticing lately that any pro-Obama or Anti-Romney threads that make this case so clearly (the case being that the GOP is using race to get votes) is virtually ignored by the right.

I'm a "righty" and I agree with you. Conservative ideas have been hijacked by fundamentalist extremes and I have been part of threads lately where the Republicans have gone crazy!

One thread actually said that they wished the people on welfare would just die and another claimed that it was the immigrants fault that we are in the mess we're in. But I think he forgot that us "white folks" immigrated here as well.

I'm sick and tired of the whole race issue. People are people and we will never have better government until the public finally put this dumb issue to rest.
edit on 31-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I apologize but... I don't see anything racist about that picture..

I was unaware it was racist to tell someone to 'F' off.

Is it because he is telling Obama to 'F' off because to be honest I think I would say worse to Obama.. I guess that makes me racist too?
edit on 31-8-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
More ignorance from these Morans(sic)TM...

During a trip to Epcot at Disneyworld, Pennsylvania delegate Mark Harris and his wife were shocked and offended to find a Mexican employee working at the amusement park’s American pavilion, which showcases the different cultures in the United States. According to the couple’s blog, Harris complained to staff that he was “highly offended” that a “person from Mexico” was working in the American pavilion when other nations’ pavilions were staffed by people from each respective country:

thinkprogress.org...

Because only White Men are "Real Americans", well actually only regressive christian conservative white men, all you progressive white guys are dang furiners too.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

Damn foreginers! They took our jerbs!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This thread isn't getting attention because all the angry white men on this board want the truth to disappear. They are ashamed that the republican party admitted they use them as pawns.

They are probably all reading a birther thread lol....

edit on 31-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wellllll if you would read just below the picture would would have seen why I called him racist. I even made the text big so I wouldn't have this issue..He wasn't telling Obama to F off according to him.

But the unapologetic conservative insisted that rather than misspell the expletive without the 'c', the letters were intended as an acronym for Fundamentally Useless Kenyan, referring to the belief held by many far right-wingers, that the President is not in fact American.

edit on 31-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You should have put "Angry Black People" in the title so this thread would get attention.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You should have put "Angry Black People" in the title so this thread would get attention.

Then I'd be accused of race-baiting. But when Senator Lindsey Graham says "there aren't enough angry white men" supporting the Republican party, and sees that as a problem, well, you can't accuse me of race-baiting - I'm just calling out this fine Republican senator for his own words.

What it does do is speak of the serious image problem the GOP has, which has gotten much worse in the past few years - the GOP has been moving further to the extreme right and shedding what diversity it had in the process. It literlly is now a party of 'angry white men'. (Actually, calling it an 'image problem' is a misnomer, it's much more fundamental than just appearances).

With the attendance at the RNC convention 94% white and only 2% ethnic minorities, the trouble is within the party. Blaming blacks for being "racist" for not supporting the GOP or turning out for their convention is not helping.

Conservatives can hurl all the expletives they want at liberals about "racism this", or "racism that", but at the end of the day, they only have to look within their own party to see the stunning lack of diversity to know that the problem isn't from outside their party, it's from within.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

lol @ that comic.

If a black non-speaker can't attend the convention without racists throwing peanuts at them, that's a huge problem. It's pathetic how many republicans on ATS were apologetic to that incident. Their party is made up of racists and racist apologists.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Now you know why Republicans are so dead set against immigration

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just for fun...here is a skit about an angry white guy yelling at an empty chair.

By the way if you don't know of Mock the Dummies you-tube channel you're missing out on much hilarity.
edit on 2-9-2012 by aethertek because: Description
edit on 2-9-2012 by aethertek because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-9-2012 by aethertek because: Link
edit on 2-9-2012 by aethertek because: Embed

new topics

top topics

join