It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If It's Our Constitutional Right to Overthrow Corrupt Government, Why Don't We Do It?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Fear is a hell of a drug. So many of these replys are real factors here. But even those who have the desire to act can be overcome by fear in the moment.

Jackie Chan had a great point on this. He said (paraphrase) that even the most highly trained combat martial artist can freeze up in a real life confrontation. The person that can control emotions and the mind has a huge advantage.

link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
S&F because that's a good thing to think about, OP. I think people don't do this because they're scared? I don't know for sure. That 1% may be only 1% but they have the power, the money to back it and well.... most of us 99%er's do not and that's where we're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sadly, I think a LOT think about doing this, but they either think 'Ill wait for soemone else to start and see how it goes, and if it works, I'll join in.' or they think, "Well, I don't want to risk losing all I have if the gov't decides to attack back." Something like that.

I say I want things how they 'used to be', but hasn't there always been horrific problems going on no matter what 4 year frame of reference we all look back on? Even decade-wise. There was never a 'good perfect' time at all. Also, what would be good and perfect for some, may not be for all, so we'd still be in a similar boat no matter if we had gov't or not. :/

I think most were happy with being in a time when the kids could grow up and actually leave home. Supporting oneself even if single, not possible most places on one salary anymore!

Also when people could have something to work for each year that was special, buy or improve a home, save to move to a better home, travel a little. Now paying the bills and tax increases seem to be about all there is.

link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
To the OP:

That was actually in the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution. So basically, all you need to do is draft a new Declaration of Independence, build an army and have a go at it vs. the existing government. Good luck with that.

Knowing that you might fail is never a good reason to not do the right thing.

I wouldn't necessarily call an insurrection against the existing government a good thing. Might fail? Against the strongest military in the world; whom are sworn to defend against enemies foreign and domestic. Might fail??? how about definitely fail. Again, good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
Why?Because its lowkey illegal.Sure we have the "constitutional right" to overthrow the government but such a gathering with that intention would swiftly be countered with a riot gear police force.
It doesn't seem possible...more like it would be a MIRACLE just look how OWS went,people speaking out for the Truth and real change and a majority of America thought they were just being stupid hippies partying,or completely underminded the movement.
Its sad.People obviously want the chaos,struggle and negativity for their future,and they DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

Any group that alines itself with any "party" I feel is a lost cause right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
To the OP:

That was actually in the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution. So basically, all you need to do is draft a new Declaration of Independence, build an army and have a go at it vs. the existing government. Good luck with that.

Knowing that you might fail is never a good reason to not do the right thing.

Who decides what the right thing is? See thats what happened in Nazi Germany. The "people" were too "dumb" to elect the right people, so somebody "smarter had to make their decision for them... Well if they are the glorious rebels... who watches them?... Who limits their power? who makes sure they leave office for a new election on a regular basis?? Who makes sure they give up power...? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, but I believe this one is simply racism.
edit on 31-8-2012 by sensible1 because: quotes

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That provision was in the Declaration of Independence, not in the Constitution.

--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

www.archives.gov...

And note those good men went to war over less than 15% taxation, while the modern wimp is taking it up the ying yang at over 30% to 50%. So yeah, there is wrong being done. There is murder being done. There is Corruption being Exposed.

edit on Thu Aug 30th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Was there any legal method to move toward Government change set in place? Clearly supreme court is corrupt along with the rest of the sections of the government so no appealing to them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

The actions of our government are causing people to suffer, true or false? If your answer is false then there is no need for us to continue this discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What's up with you all? You got all pissy over that Tea tax, and threw down an "oppressive" foriegn King! Did you do all that, just to get sold down the river by this shower of parasitic Mammonites? Where are your visionaries? Your men of iron words, your men of principle?

Ground down under the jackboot heel of the same oligarchs who've sent generation after generation off to fight in foreign wars that serve only their interests, that's where!

What is it going to take to get you up off your knees this time?
edit on 31-8-2012 by BadBeast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBeast
Where are your visionaries? Your men of iron words, your men of principle?

This is what I am trying to become and what I am encouraging others here to be... but people are telling me I should be more concerned about economics.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

The spirit of rebellion and disobedience is growing because we've been led down a life inconsistent with Christ.

That makes me smile ...

Jesus Christ, was a rebel in Judea. He opposed the form, and the reason he was crucified, is because the Kingdom of Judea, was killing an uprising. Why do you think people gathered around to listen?

Do you think the Romans and the Judeans, said anything else ... but Jesus was a bad man? The followers of Jesus, had to flee the country and live in hiding for centuries. As an underground movement, hunted by authorities in all countries.

They were rebels, that rebelled against the authorities of Judea and Rome.

Today, we have Israel and the US.

What do you side with, the Establishment (Rome/Judea)(Israel/US) or the underground movements, who believe in change?

Jesus is Reborn, and he's being crucified all over the world ... do you hear his cry?

edit on 31/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The actions of our government are causing people to suffer, true or false? If your answer is false then there is no need for us to continue this discussion.

Slyly and deceptively you ask the wrong question.... Its not "do actions of the gov cause people to suffer.." It's what actions of what gov. did NOT cause people to suffer or be affected. To pick this one gov. out of all the rest of them alaone is of racist and purely racist antics... We ALL can see right thru them.. You are not hiding, so you might as well just say it like Mike Savage did last night. He said he wants an America ruled by white men. That he doesn't believe any society ruled by a man of African descent can be sucessful. His words not mine... Just say it.. Thats what you believe too...
edit on 31-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl and clarification

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Holy crap. How ignorant can people be?

Just stop for a second and consider the words you're using and why you make no sense.

"We have a Constitutional right to overthrow the Government." Do you eat paint chips?

1. The Government IS the Constitution. The Constitution defines the government. It does not contain any language about "overthrowing" the government and in fact gives Congress the power to quell rebellions and suppress civil unrest.

2. If you did overthrow the government, you'd be overthrowing the Constitution. You do realize this, right?

3. The Constitution provides for a means of peaceful "Revolution," you ignorant trigger-happy paranoid hillbillies. It's called VOTING. It isn't the government's fault that more than half of America would rather watch Jersey Shore and get fat on poisonous processed foods than participate in society. Overthrowing the government isn't going to fix the fact that most of us are complacent, ignorant, uneducated, or superstitious.

Have you ever actually read the Constitution? Like the part where it says there will be absolutely no Religious test for public office (this disqualifies "HERP DERP OBAMA'S A MUSLIM" from being a valid point, even if it was true, which it isn't)? Or do you just listen to your ignorant friends talk tough about cleaning up Washington with an actual bloody coup, as if street violence and widespread death is somehow "better" than the atrocity that is a Black man in the White House?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

I asked the OP a few pages back where the constitution says anything of the sort, im still awaiting an answer.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

3. The Constitution provides for a means of peaceful "Revolution," you ignorant trigger-happy paranoid hillbillies. It's called VOTING. It isn't the government's fault that more than half of America would rather watch Jersey Shore and get fat on poisonous processed foods than participate in society. Overthrowing the government isn't going to fix the fact that most of us are complacent, ignorant, uneducated, or superstitious.

The FDA is a government agency, right? They allow the poisonous processed foods to be sold, knowing full well they are poisonous. And it is the government's fault that you can choose between Romney and Obama - VOTING gets you nowhere in that case.

"you ignorant trigger-happy paranoid hillbillies" "most of us are complacent, ignorant, uneducated, or superstitious."

yes, well said, that last bit.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

The op clearly mistyped, I thought it had been all cleared up that really the title should say Declaration of Independence?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

The FDA is a government agency, right? They allow the poisonous processed foods to be sold, knowing full well they are poisonous. And it is the government's fault that you can choose between Romney and Obama - VOTING gets you nowhere in that case.

"you ignorant trigger-happy paranoid hillbillies" "most of us are complacent, ignorant, uneducated, or superstitious."

yes, well said, that last bit.

If you don't like what the FDA does, campaign and vote for people who will change what the FDA does (or, if you're an off-the-deep-end nutjob, eliminate the FDA). The answer is more participation in civil society and self-government, not "I HATE OBAMA LET'S BRING GUNS TO DC LOL." I mean, seriously. Do you want to be a nation of enlightened, self-governing citizens, or a nation of fat, unwashed, angry white guys with pitchforks and torches?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why?

Cowardice.

There is no other reason. The other points made here are either irrelevant or reduce down to cowardice. The American of today is not the American who fought the Revolution.

I suspect that will change in the next few years, since the Second American Civil War is on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The biggest problem with overthrowing any government is coming up with something better to replace it. Sure, "write a new Constitution." But how is it going to be that much better than the one we already have?

"You say you want a revolution, well, you know, we'd all love to see your plan."
"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why do you keep accusing me of being racist? I will state for you what I have stated many other times in other discussions. All humans are the same race. All humans have the same capacity for good and evil. My message is one of unification and not of division, we must abandon all divisive terms like African American - if you are a citizen you are American plain and simple. You can take pride in your country without taking pride in your government. Greedy people that don't care what effects their actions have run the governments of the world over, we know this. I live in the US that is why I focus on our particular corrupt government.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

You're preaching to the choir in that respect, I have never advocated violence or even mentioned the word gun - that is all your doing. I want every man to take responsibility for his own actions and to have carefully considered those actions first. But as long as people believe that accumulating personal wealth is more important than caring for their fellow human of for the Earth we are basically screwed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join