It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If It's Our Constitutional Right to Overthrow Corrupt Government, Why Don't We Do It?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

I was just thinking this when I read the Senate voted to approve themselves able to take "gifts" as in bribes legally just as they can do insider trading legally the same thing others go to jail for!

They show publicly outrageously that they are ABOVE the people who put them in office.

They keep stealing our money and wasting the rest as they please and just squeeze us more and we just sit and be squeezed!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0

Because people need their iPhones and cable with a billion channels.

Take away the big Macs and all the other stupid crap that keeps the masses from using their tiny little brains and voila you got yourself a revolution.

Our forefathers expected nothing less of us, and we fail them everyday we let this insanity continue.

Everyday we allow ourselves to be slaves, is another day they fought and died for nothing.

That's the most patriotic comment I have ever read on ATS. That is the spirit of America folks. Unfortunately, I think you are outnumbered

edit on 31-8-2012 by error500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why?Because its lowkey illegal.Sure we have the "constitutional right" to overthrow the government but such a gathering with that intention would swiftly be countered with a riot gear police force.
It doesn't seem possible...more like it would be a MIRACLE just look how OWS went,people speaking out for the Truth and real change and a majority of America thought they were just being stupid hippies partying,or completely underminded the movement.
Its sad.People obviously want the chaos,struggle and negativity for their future,and they DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
Why?Because its lowkey illegal.Sure we have the "constitutional right" to overthrow the government but such a gathering with that intention would swiftly be countered with a riot gear police force.

The Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson and adopted by the Second Continental Congress, states the reasons the British colonies of North America sought independence in July of 1776. The declaration opens with a preamble describing the document's necessity in explaining why the colonies have overthrown their ruler and chosen to take their place as a separate nation in the world. All men are created equal and there are certain unalienable rights that governments should never violate. These rights include the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When a government fails to protect those rights, it is not only the right, but also the duty of the people to overthrow that government. In its place, the people should establish a government that is designed to protect those rights.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

People would rather live as slaves because they perceive it is easier than to die like heroes defending what they know to be right and true.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Because then the media will vilify about them and convince the zombies that the people trying to overthrow the government are lazy, unemployed, welfare receiving pot heads.
People (most, excluding myself. I shot my television 4 years ago) take television as the truth and that's the problem. As long as people keep watching television and taking it as the truth, naught is going to happen.
I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

In America, you can buy guns, lots of guns.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Those campaign contributions are taxpayer money. They are legally deductible taxes, dollar for dollar that should have been paid to the general fund instead of being redirected. Another words they could be considered sort of legal bribes used to acquire future favors or repay past support from the congressman which could have benefited the business or individual that is donating. Nothing new, there probably isn't a politician that would vote against this practice, it would be political suicide.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by error500

you obviously missed my point.
they say we have the right,but if we choose to exercise it we will be met with GREAT opposition.
So does it even exist if we have to possibly fight for our lives trying to overthrow the government?
I'm down,but I am no one man army ya see

Yeah and on the guns thing SURE you can buy guns,if your financially stable enough to actually dish out that much money to buy LOTS & LOTS of guns..
what about the people struggling just to pay rent?forced to eat less?Are they supposed to just skimp out on rent,food and gas just for a gun?nope.
edit on 12/29/11 by ArtOfTrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We'd still have to deal with all the corporations that are tied to the government. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about loosing their meal ticket.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ultimately a "right" is something that is stronger/better than what the current state of affairs allows. Like good over evil, rights are rules that make life better forever.

They don't come from the rulers but are natural rules that keep people happy, productive and free to exersice their strengths.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lead by example. In my experience it's the only thing that works. You want change? The best place to start is with yourself. I can't tell others how to think or act. I can only change my own life to fit what I believe in with the hopes that others will understand and find the strength to be true to themselves and their convictions. You bring up excellent points though. Keep true to what you believe in. There is no better way to honor our founding fathers.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by error500

Now our local law enforcement agencies have drones capable of killing somebody without their knowing that it is coming. Not to mention tanks and all that. Yeah, guns are going to solve it
Here's an idea, all the wage slaves in the US don't go to work for one day, that would hit these guys where it would really hurt - their bottom line.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by error500

Now our local law enforcement agencies have drones capable of killing somebody without their knowing that it is coming. Not to mention tanks and all that. Yeah, guns are going to solve it
Here's an idea, all the wage slaves in the US don't go to work for one day, that would hit these guys where it would really hurt - their bottom line.

I think "they" could go a lot longer on what money they have then any "wage slave". Think...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

Of course that's true but we've also seen their obsessive need to constantly increase their fortunes; if the profits stop rolling in you can be sure somebody will take notice.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh but think about how utterly dependent upon the poor they ultimately are... who will gas up the yacht or prepare the meal or facilitate adultery when all the hired help is on strike?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
To the OP:

That was actually in the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution. So basically, all you need to do is draft a new Declaration of Independence, build an army and have a go at it vs. the existing government. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Oh but think about how utterly dependent upon the poor they ultimately are... who will gas up the yacht or prepare the meal or facilitate adultery when all the hired help is on strike?

You just don't seem to grasp simple economics. If that were to happen then the value of menial labor would rise. So where a guy would make 20 dollars an hour for cooking he would now make 100 because there would be fewer people that would do it. Why do you think scabs always make 3x the amount whenever the unions are on strike. You are living in a la la land buddy.
All that a strike would do is separate the stupid and lazy from the people that work hard and want to get ahead.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
To the OP:

That was actually in the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution. So basically, all you need to do is draft a new Declaration of Independence, build an army and have a go at it vs. the existing government. Good luck with that.

Knowing that you might fail is never a good reason to not do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm sorry that money and economics are more important to you than ending suffering on Earth and embracing the human potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join