It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If It's Our Constitutional Right to Overthrow Corrupt Government, Why Don't We Do It?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Catch-22, you have to be living independantly( all needs supplied) in order to get your independance( a better future).

Revolution means, no super market, no electricity when off duty, no city water and eventually no shoes.

Before a sucessfull revolution, all of everyone's needs would have to be produced locally, whithin walking distance.

Very true if things don't go well and I mean near perfect. There would be tons of people with out food, water or power. If they're left like that for too long then your dealing with multi sided war front which I don't see anyone winning.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
O.p. So what happens when "you" win?

You want to be in charge? I don't...

How are you going to get the inevitable factions working together?

If anything this last four years have shown that even though we are all "Americans"; We are fairly evenly distributed along the political continuum. Some feel forced "collectivism" is the only way others "individualism". We are as politically divided a people as we could possibly be. Some believe the constitution should be upheld literally as the supreme law; others a somewhat outdated (musty)malleable "living document". A proclamation of "negative rights".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

The way i see it is that America is, and always has been a colony. Whether we all want to believe it or not, whatever we do during a revolution will only affect us in the long run.

The revolutionists can get any country that comes to mind to back them up, but it will absolutely come with a cost. Something that we will most likely not be able to afford, or it will conflict with beliefs held dear to most likely half of the group.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe no one needs to be in charge. Since the Peacemaker was invented the prime reason for government has been gone. Any one can defend themselves against any one with the modern weapons. No big brother needed.

Knowedge and a brain tells a person what to do. When people are raised with a good set of ideas put into thier heads there will be no more government.

The downside is that you have to find your own way to it. Help is good luck.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Maybe no one needs to be in charge. Since the Peacemaker was invented the prime reason for government has been gone. Any one can defend themselves against any one with the modern weapons. No big brother needed.

Knowedge and a brain tells a person what to do. When people are raised with a good set of ideas put into thier heads there will be no more government.

The downside is that you have to find your own way to it. Help is good luck.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

But there always seems to be someone that wants to be in charge.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
I've been mulling this over for a few days now. I know it's completely crazy, but it must not be too nutzoid of a thought if there is a provision for it in the Constitution. ATS, why do y'all think this is or is not possible? Obviously it would take some intense organization that is really beyond my comprehension, but I'm just curious why this doesn't seem to be a viable option for "We the People" whose rights are being taken one by one, who no longer really own much of anything, who work to carry the super rich and put money in their pockets day and night.

Is there anyone or group with a strong enough character to not become corrupt themselves? How long would it take to establish a new government? Would we be able to take back jobs? Would we become employees of the new government? Would all the Top Secret information finally be disclosed? As American people, are not all these things ours by birthright per the Constitution?

I know it's a simple-minded concept that would become really complicated really fast. If the percentage is 99% to 1%...kinda seems like the odds should always be in our favor. This is just some thoughts...not a serious concept. I just wondered what kind of thoughts and ideas you all might have.

You only talk "corrupt government" if there is a black President in power from a dem party you dont like. Cheney and Halliburton were a lot more corrupt, fined for overcharging our troops for fuel and food with a NO BID contract in the middle of a war he started; and a company he chaired. Nah thats not corrupt at all.. it also not the reason we are in debt now... a billion dollar a day war doesnt cause debt....
edit on 31-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Or, since you live in a Democracy, maybe it's sane to see if the majority agrees with such plans first.
The funny thing is that if they do, they will gladly vote for your party, and you don't have to wreck the whole country to overthrow the government. Nice, huh?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Because the country has never become terribly crazily abusive.But it could with the kind of power they have and a economy collaspe and the massive debt.People could get fed up with the Feds and demand them to be dismantled which could lead to a civil war.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

That is how people are raised-- to defer and not decide. Also evolution may have occured in the sense that the dissenters have been starved or killed for 10,000 years or so.

Or maybe people would always prefer to be independant if they started from independance and could find their own way to get everything done.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What if "We the People" came up with a list of 100 questions that is asked to every single politician while a lie detector test is implemented and then we let the test results speak for themselves. Once the results are in we get rid of each one that needs to be removed.

1. Do you or have you made decisions for the American people that were not in their best interest but in your own.

2. Do you believe that all persons were created equal regardless of race, color, religon etc..

I am sure "We the People" could come up with 100 questions that could establish who these people really are.

Ladies and Gentleman there is a reason why all of our congress members are millionares and some politicians may even be billionaries... Do you think they got that rich making the best deicions for the AVERAGE AMERICAN????

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Because people are simply not ready yet. Most are afraid of losing 'security' of not knowing what will happen when they revolt against the government. It's going to take an 'in your face disaster' like the global economy collapsing and the government clearly and openly implementing the New World Order. The system has to completely collapse so the people see what happens when they don't take self responsibility, when they let the television tell them what to think, and for them to realize that they're also to blame for what is happening.

In the end, I think this is an evolution of the mind which to me is the first few nails on the government coffin, then a physical evolution, in which we just drop everything and refuse to play the game.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
An agreement must be reached among the population, that the government is either corrupt or the voting process has been compromised or is fraudulent. In other words a significant majority of Americans needs to feel that the system is broken, else you overthrow somone else's elected official.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Because America is populated by mostly stupid people. They believe the "news" pundits and what the media tells us. As a result, we are two Nations masquerading as one. We shouldn't be, but we are. The PTB have been 100% successful in dividing us. As long as we think, "if we just get rid of the TeaBags" or :if we just get rid of the LibTards" America will die. It's almost dead now. So, put aside any government overthrow with your little popguns against a modern military until we stop it. However, I never see it happening. We need to man up, divide into two Nations, and call it a day.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
An agreement must be reached among the population, that the government is either corrupt or the voting process has been compromised or is fraudulent. In other words a significant majority of Americans needs to feel that the system is broken, else you overthrow somone else's elected official.

Exactly, and the only way to do that is to start your own party and realize that the voting results cannot possibly match that of the real voting. In fact, I think the results would be accurate (i.e. no fraud). However, the population seems to either be too lazy and vote for one of two parties, or they genuinely think that these two are the only sane options.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
Because killing fellow Americans does not sound like a reasonable solution to most Americans.

Just an observation.... many of the politicians in the government have dual citizenship, which would seem to indicate that they are not really Americans, call them pseudo Americans or part-time Americans. I would not say that killing is a solution, but a removal of these fake-Americans from any form of power in the government is necessary. If a politician is not 100% American (or country/colony of your choice) and not ideologically or financially committed to any other country or corporation, how can they make viable and rational decisions for others in that country/colony? A person cannot serve two masters.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ahem! The government isn't corrupt it is individualistic ideals that bond with greed and power that spurns corruption, not the government themselves although they are individuals themselves but have organized themselves into a corrupt political system...honestly there will probably never be complete change in your lifetime, in your children's lifetime or even their children's children's lifetime the political system that is in place won't change, the only thing that will eventually rule supreme is organized religion...if you are somewhat content with your life now, if you are content with paying 30-40 cents tax on a bottle of coke to wash down a burger and fries then god bless America...but if you would rather pay your own way by planting and raising your own produce then god bless you...

As for overthrowing, good luck with that, why would a government employee earning twice or three times more than what you are throw in the towel to bring about the change you speak of? If anything you speak of comes about, then over 30 million people will die from people upholding the constitutional right to overthrow the government and the right to bear arms to kill foreign and domestic threats whether thy may be you or the government. Gone are the days of setting yourself on fire to prove a point. Act on what you think is right or refrain from forcing anyone's hand.

God=higher power, in reference to that. I don't affiliate the higher power with any religious group that is known to man. Tread your own path or have it tread for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The idea Professional Politician is like the idea loan-shark.

The people who go to Washington should have day jobs, and would be in Washington like 1 week.

The President should preside over the executive branch employees, and no one else.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Constitutional right? I don't think so buddy. Where in the constitution does it say that we have the right to overthrow the government?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The idea Professional Politician is like the idea loan-shark.

The people who go to Washington should have day jobs, and would be in Washington like 1 week.

The President should preside over the executive branch employees, and no one else.

I guess they don't have time for the day job, between all the double talk and extra long meetings over pay raises.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Too bad that nothing we are discussing here is going to change a thing. It could help our government to find solutions for their problems. Trouble is these people are believing in what they are doing so much that they cannot see the big picture at all. Take everything apart into small pieces and work on it ignoring what it will do to the completed overall product. The goal can't be increasing GNP it needs to be jobs for all classes of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join