It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If It's Our Constitutional Right to Overthrow Corrupt Government, Why Don't We Do It?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
People don't overthrow because there is no good reason to. Only silly conspiracy theories and theory nuts who think the end of America is soon.
At the end of the day you still live in a great country and you are still very much free people.
You people don't realise how easy you have it and you have no idea what a tyrant is.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

And a thousand times, THIS.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

But I like electricity and the internet. I don't want to turn into a Hermit, I knew two of them when I was a kid. I like socializing. I may be a mouse but I am a spoiled house mouse. I now am closer to being able to be off line if something happens. Will miss the internet though. Still need a sauna and outhouse though and much more Toilet paper.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Okay, good idea. You be the first one to hit the streets with your guns. We'll be sure to follow...

Trust me, I'd love to see the corrupt governments overthrown and the system burned down as much as anybody else on this forum, but realistically, they have superior firepower. There's no denying it.

You say that the percentage is 99% to 1%, which in a way is true, but you seem to be forgetting that the 1% is just the people who possess most of the world's wealth. We wouldn't just be fighting them alone. We'd be up against the police and military. Do you have any idea how devastating their weapons are? They have weapons that could turn an entire street full of people to hamburger in less than a minute.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Em.....I'll have to reply in full later....I'm eating a tub of ice cream and watching dancing with the stars.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The bottom line is their biggest weakness is right in front of us, and yet these revolutionaries would rather choose violence.

TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS
TALK TO YOUR COWORKERS
Honestly convince people of your position.
Build a coalition.
VOTE.
STOP LISTENING TO THE POLITICAL PARTIES.
Stop listening to the NEWS.
LEARN ABOUT THINGS ON YOUR OWN. Do the hard work of research and self-education. You might realize that you're not as RIGHT AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. You might realize that VIOLENCE SOLVES NOTHING.
VOTE.
VOTE!

It's still possible for the People to take back the government USING THE MEANS WE SET UP FOR THAT 240 YEARS AGO. VOTE!

Less than half of Americans vote. FIX THAT FIRST. Plead your case in the court of public opinion. Give people something to think about. Wait for ideas to spread. Press for enlightenment. Challenge people's assumptions. That's how you affect change in a democracy. NOT WITH A "REVOLUTION."

Anyone who resorts to violence is only illustrating how little they know about how society works. If they're willing to use violence to achieve their political goals? WHY WOULD I WANT TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY THEY RULE? They'll just turn their "revolution" against dissenters. See: RUSSIA; CHINA; etc.

ETA: If you plead and beg and try to convince people, and your ideas still don't come out on top, that means you LOSE THE ARGUMENT, and our DEMOCRACY has decided to do SOMETHING ELSE. Just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to start a CIVIL WAR. Even if it's contrary to what you think "America" is "supposed to be," well, that's YOUR idea, but it isn't AMERICA's idea. That's how it works. If you don't like it, and you'd rather live someplace where weird religious or economic ideas can be enforced by "Revolution," then move somewhere else like China or Iran.
edit on 31-8-2012 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The Fleecing of American by treasonous political carpet baggers: "Unicorn" discovered deep inside of capital hill. Though I'm privy of this, I wouldn't think of profiting off it. I trust you would agree. A simple audit with GAO freedom of information act FOIA requests of this unlawful and treasonous activity would remove the treasonous carpetbaggers from office, sue the perpetrators and force an audit on the fed and so many other agents of concern. Organize now, and perhaps the US as other sovereign nations could have the fleeced wealth returned to the States coffers (much fraudulent debt declared Null and Void) and institute a lawful system of govt. to tend to the efforts of good governance under a Rule of Law one could believe in.

pro.wsdinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

If one finds there faces turning Red from the above video.
That is understood for what it is.
Your losses due to insider trading and market manipulation is just another's 'supposed' gain.
One can never repurchase a Soul once sold?
They must live with that consequence; the stress alone is hardly worth it.
Stress is a natural form of entropy of the rotten sort.
Next?>>>>>

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
The bottom line is their biggest weakness is right in front of us, and yet these revolutionaries would rather choose violence.

TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS
TALK TO YOUR COWORKERS
Build a coalition.
VOTE.
LEARN ABOUT THINGS ON YOUR OWN. Do the hard work of research and self-education. You might realize that you're not as RIGHT AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. You might realize that VIOLENCE SOLVES NOTHING.
VOTE.

I wrote a thread with your same ideal this is part of it i picked up on it surfing people are geting mad

there will be riots as the people are withdrawn from the addiction of entitlement. It is the natural course of events.
The ineptitude and impotence of the federal government will become more and more apparent

The federal government will implode unto itself resulting in food riots, violence, panic and despair but not anything greater than other generations have faced. The saving grace, the lifeline, will be the states and the rise of their power again
building from the ground up, eliminating entire levels of local government in order to just survive.

The spontaneous organization of people at the ground level to look not to government but to look to their neighbors, their church, their temple, secure their family and then see who needs help.
Once stability is restored the economy will start again but
not with imports from foreign lands because their collapse will be far greater, far more violent, far more starvation as they are ripped from the American tit of consumption.

the government must stay out of our way and allow our heart and strength to forge us, as generations before us has
will it take our kids to make it work??
the government works for use,they need to be reminded
they right now have there hands in everythang evan our toothpaste
our every move.
GOD BLESS OUR KIDS
edit on 31-8-2012 by madenusa because: more thoughts

Enormous federal programs such as Social Security, Medicare and the recently pass Healthcare Reform. What happened to the enumerated powers?

Not that aid to citizens is wrong but it was never intended to be the role of the federal government.

That's what the 10th amendment was for, reserving all other powers than those enumerated to the federal government for the states.
The states should be providing these programs if they so choose and if they work they will compete with other states for populace and hence power in the House. This is how it was meant to be.

the states are engaging in no competition other than that for federal funds.
VOTE!

It's still possible for the People to take back the government USING THE MEANS WE SET UP FOR THAT 240 YEARS AGO. VOTE!

Less than half of Americans vote. FIX THAT FIRST. Plead your case in the court of public opinion. Give people something to think about. Wait for ideas to spread. Press for enlightenment. Challenge people's assumptions. That's how you affect change in a democracy. NOT WITH A "REVOLUTION."

Anyone who resorts to violence is only illustrating how little they know about how society works. If they're willing to use violence to achieve their political goals? WHY WOULD I WANT TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY THEY RULE? They'll just turn their "revolution" against dissenters. See: RUSSIA; CHINA; etc.

ETA: If you plead and beg and try to convince people, and your ideas still don't come out on top, that means you LOSE THE ARGUMENT, and our DEMOCRACY has decided to do SOMETHING ELSE. Just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to start a CIVIL WAR. Even if it's contrary to what you think "America" is "supposed to be," well, that's YOUR idea, but it isn't AMERICA's idea. That's how it works. If you don't like it, and you'd rather live someplace where weird religious or economic ideas can be enforced by "Revolution," then move somewhere else like China or Iran.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There is no need for violence in a revolution, see the example of Iceland. People just have to rise and protest, bring the country to a halt, general strikes, hit to the streets.

It's easier than you think! If 70% of the population are sheep, you just have to get strong leadership and good reasons for this peaceful revolution. The reasons are just around the corner, example: economic collapse. Right now you have to gather and educate, just like many are doing here. Get your facts with strong arguments and start educating people in your communities. Forget 9/11, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA, as the old and common will not understand. Focus in the economy, jobs, inflation. Show them that people are being robbed by the banks and the perpetrators walk free (Jon Corzine / MF Global). Teach them how corporatism works, how Newt Gingrich got reach lobbing. How they lost their house because of the Clintons. Then those folks when the shtf will know they were deceived by their own government, and of course their party as well, and trust me, they will be angry and willing to protest.

Now about leadership, you can become a leader in your community, you never know. If you know lawyers, judges, officials, law enforcers, veterans, military, etc., those are great people you can reach and inspire. Maybe there are people up there just as fed up as you and waiting for enough people to rise and take action and be a true leader for this revolution. Those will be the ones that will be elected in the future. Maybe the true leader will be a housewife that will gather with her friends and go to the streets banging their pans.

And as important as beginning a revolution is to set it's goals and I think the main goals should be:

- Abolishing the private central bank and ban every bank involved with the FED, bring them to justice along with any official involved. U.S. citizens involved must face charges of treason;
- Any current debt belongs to the FED and they must deal with it on their own, case closed;
- Limit the power of banks (strong laws and limited interests);
- The U.S. treasury will resume the issue of the dollar (it may be pegged by gold but I need to further research if this is the right way as the gold and silver market is easily manipulated);
- Create a U.S. government bank and logistics services company to help regulate the market in a healthy way (see the example of Brazil's Banco do Brasil and Correios);
- Abolish income tax;
- Stop interventionism (wars);
- Bring the jobs back by taxation of outsourcing corporations;
- Downscale the government;
- Reform every agency such as APA, FDA, etc. Dismantle the absurd ones, and put in place methods to avoid traffic of influence (corporatism);
- Let the states deal with main issues like entitlement programs;
- Roll back all unconstitutional laws, treaties etc.;
- Expel any organization linked with banks and globalists such as CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group. Implement mechanisms to avoid officials to being part of such organizations;
- Reform or expel the UN;
- Make the study of the Constitution mandatory for first graders;
- Re-implement common law and reform civil and criminal codes to further protect the Constitution.

I think that's it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

If folks start to form self sufficient communities including community grown medicine, fruits, vegetables, meat, become 'neighborly' again, one won't be so dependent on such an unnatural institution as 'government'. The federal govt. serves one purpose, defense of the nation, not the offense of another for the will of 'another'. Locally elected and accountable representatives work more effiiciently and effectively With accountability. These local reps could help elect State reps and up that minimal chain of command. Representation is to be from the bottom up not the other way around less one wishes to be 'governed' by an unaccountable and unknown entity of whom has been yanking your chain since the day you were conceived. Freewill implies a choice. Getting late to choose.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS
TALK TO YOUR COWORKERS
Build a coalition.
VOTE.
VOTE.
VOTE!

Absolutely! That's what I'm talking about! That's the true revolution!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People have been dumbed down by the media, peers, and materialism. They live inside their own little bubble where they see everything as perfect. The big goals is to get bigger and better stuff like the latest technology such as smart phones and such.

Those that are politically active, comes in to many varieties with their own agendas. You have the Occupy Movement and then you have the Tea Party. There are also other factions with their own agenda. Nothing against the Tea Party but some of their main representatives such as Michele Bachmann, are nothing but blind sided idiots that only spew hatred. Their message got lost in all the hype and bigotry.

Even if the people pull themselves away from their TVs and smart phones, will they be informed enough to make the right decisions or would they continue to be brainwashed? Which faction or ideals would win out at the end. We may get rid of the current corrupt system to only replace it with something far worse.

A full scale revolution with the current political break off factions such as the Tea Party would be a mistake as well as we would need to get people more informed of their rights not only as Americans but as human beings. Education of the masses is needed before any revolution can take place.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Enormous federal programs such as Social Security, Medicare and the recently pass Healthcare Reform. What happened to the enumerated powers?
it was never intended to be the role of the federal government.

That's what the 10th amendment was for, reserving all other powers than those enumerated to the federal government for the states.
The states should be providing these programs if they so choose and if they work they will compete with other states for populace and hence power in the House. This is how it was meant to be.

the states are engaging in no competition other than that for federal funds.
its allready out of control

our Giant we built will findly hang its self by asking for more & more untill all of the goldn eggs are eat..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

.....and return to Constituional form of govt. with any and all ammendments to be discovered/debated on in a public forum for a "Redress of Grievances" en.wikipedia.org...

Govt. Recall is in order as many politicians are compromised by the massive technological grid such as Eschelon,, fusion centers, etc. in violation of one's basic rights as seen Here

Currently, the courst system is under the auspice of corporate law, aka law of the sea, aka admiralty law of which is a UN designate/mandate though the UN has no jurisdiction in the US less one submits so or has no knowledge at all they have been subjected/submitted/enslaved against their will.

A review of the Federalist papers (how it happened): Here

A careful independent Audit of all intelligence software contracts, who owns the software as well as the financial software and one will understand just how politicians communications and therefor themselves are compromised time and again.

Communities need to enact/form/create a Public Advocates or a public system of advocacy by the people, fOr the people With investigative/inspection powers granted via simple judge/jury request for warrants or writ of assistance by a judge or magistrate.

Fourth Ammendment .....applies to companies and representatives as well in any 'given' community.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

We the people for the people is all we got..our Government sold use out to over sea imports & when everyone started looseing there homes,
i read where America was a buyers market for china.
Romney obama there both just blowing smoke up our ass...
we are made in china.,
we the people will have to start over.

this thread is depressing,lol

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi, This is my first post at ATS.

I've been trying for over two years to convince fellow citizens to simply vote against the dems and reps by writing me in. I figured if I could garner enough support that I could arrange for people to be at every polling place to make sure votes were hand-counted correctly. To me, this is a pretty simple concept. I think a majority of us know the dems and reps are both 100% corrupt and some us even know that both parties are owned by Rothschild so, it should make sense to people who know this that the only way they can waste their vote is by giving it to a dem or a rep.

I campaigned solely on Facebook where, theoretically, one should be able to reach a large number of people for free. That's possible until Facebook puts a warning label on my site so that anyone who clicks on it is first warned that it could be dangerous to actually visit my site.

To keep this concise, with the number of people it should be possible to reach there, it should be possible for someone with good ideas and some guts to gather enough votes to defeat the usual bribed liars who we see on TV and overthrow the thieves from the top down. But, all anyone wants to talk about is which bribed liar they should vote for. The brainwashing that has been done to the public is a work of art. Still, I think it's possible to win the presidency this way. Here's the link to my plan: johnbestjr.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bettwice33

the electorial collage wouldnt reconize you .lol
if you made it threw the first state with high votes

you would wake up in a capsule under the sea with a small leak,lmfao

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is a topic I frequently allude to in postings dealing with the nature of the government of the United States of America. I have spent many hours pondering just when the people should actually rise up because the government has gone too far. One of the three main times that I've personally analyzed arises immediately after the upcoming presidential election, depending on how blatantly obvious the cheating is. The truth is that our Founding Fathers, and those who fought for American liberty and independence, as well as the soldiers and citizens who made up the Confederacy during the War Between the States, both would undoubtedly have taken up arms before the situation we currently face in modern times had ever arisen.

I am absolutely certain of that, judging solely by the actions of those heroic parties during their eras, coupled with their rhetoric, which clearly stated how long they would absorb abuses from governments before they felt it absolutely morally necessary to take up arms. It is not a matter to be taken lightly or nonchalantly, and they knew this, and we know this, but as I said, we have put up with more corruption than those two generations combined it seems like.

And the worst part of it is that many of our leaders who came before the 20th century, and even some after that point, openly warned us of what was going to happen unless we made a point to stop it, and if we did not act quickly enough, we would be standing in the exact spot we are now...Perched precariously on a precipice; on one side there is a sheer drop-off, just low enough to spare life if one were to tumble over the edge, but high enough to greatly leave any victims mangled. Then on the other side there is the government, steadily pushing us closer and closer, as it allots them more wealth and power.

Eventually everyone has to ask themselves whether they are going to let the evil forces working within the government push them off solid ground into the void below, not killing them but greatly injuring both physically and psychologically, or whether they are going to start pushing back against the approaching hoard. We do not have much longer until we all tumble over the cliff, and once we start toppling, en masse, there will be fewer and fewer people left to oppose the tyranny.

See, in this analogy, the antagonists don't want to kill the citizenry, at least not a large portion of it, because then they would have no one to exercise their ill-gotten authority over. No, rather they want you to be alive, yet complacent. And once you fall into that pit with all the other bodies falling in around you, you will have no choice but to be complacent, as any dissent that was harbored prior to the fall would not matter anymore, because you would not be able to leave the void, unless you were so physically and mentally broken that they let you rise, knowing that from that point on complacency is your middle name, as they say.

To get back to what I was initially trying to say, I am extremely leery of posting any precise details of what I have discovered, or rather "thunked up," during my boredom infused brainstorming sessions, because I know what can and will happen unless one is very careful with what they say. It's funny really, or sad, because the US government condemns the measures that other country's leadership uses to deal with dissent, yet they do the equivalent over here.

On one hand the US states that those protestors overseas have a right and duty to push and even fight for "liberty" and "freedom," yet they will not stand for it here at home. And the truth is that in America a person only has freedom and liberty if the government wants them to. If that person does the slightest thing that could be construed as "anti-government (aka TERRORISTIC), then the hammer will come down with an un-Constitutional fury that many Americans still deny exists in this country. Wake up people, if you haven't already.

One of the main conclusions I have reached, which is really obvious when you think about it, is that the amount of people needed to succeed in such an undertaking would be massive. We just don't have that many people who not only truly understand how the US government operates, but who would also be committed to taking the advice of their Founding Fathers and re-establishing a strictly Constitutional government in the USA. Not a sometimes Constitutional government, when it suits an agenda.

It is going to take an abuse much larger than the Occupy and related protest movement corruption by the police before there even might be enough strength to oust the people we supposedly choose for office. It's ridiculous when you actually think about it. Anyway, I am about out of space, so I will sign off for this post. But I would gladly discuss this issue via PM with anyone who is interested in gaining and sharing knowledge, or discuss any other issue that is on your mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Everyone's too afraid to lose what little that is being taken away from them already.

Doesn't make sense to me....being afraid that is, especially when they're already taking what you're afraid to lose.

Unfortunately most Americans are SCARED, spoiled, loud mouthed, lazy,arrogant, selfish pigs.

And that's coming from an American.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

because when they try to organize they get wisked away in a black suv with tinted windows. BTW, postings like this get people locked up these days. Watch your back

and postings like this could be considered inciting a civil war. you better think before you speak. this is too important for you to be spreading fear. sure its scary. but TRUE AMERICANS ARE STRONG.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join