Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Delegate Stage Walk out of RNC (Video)

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well here it is folks, it has come down to this moment in time when the Party has split and there seems no chance of recovery. On we march towards fighting from the local levels and doing what we can to stand untited against tyranny in the US.

"So Goes The Nation As We Go"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
For some reason the people walking out give me the impression of the middle class, the independent thinkers and activists of our troubled Nation. It was done in such an Occupy Wall Street method which is clearly not getting the reaction or respect it intended.

For most of the people remaining at the RNC it was probably good riddance. Did this make the statement it was meant to in your opinion? Will this further the decline of our voice in the NWO.?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wish they had stayed instead it would have been more representative of the millions who were there in support of them, cheering from the bleachers. I take it these people were the ones who may have been there to support "Other" rather than Romney?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A pretty good article:

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Maine delegation, accompanied by delegates from North Carolina and other states, walked out of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, using political theater to drive home their view that the GOP has treated them unfairly. Down the third-floor concourse area at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, weaving through throngs of conventiongoers, the delegation chanted: "As Maine goes, so goes the nation!" They're upset because a convention panel switched the Maine delegates from Ron Paul to Mitt Romney last week, saying the Paul delegates were elected in violation of party and parliamentary rules. Adding to the frustration, the convention adopted rules Tuesday designed to limit the ability of insurgent candidates to win delegates in 2016. Wearing badges that said "Remember Maine 2012," the group was trailed by news media, people with cameras and security guards, who guided the marchers to the exits. They continued their march outside the arena toward nearby streets. One of the marchers was Charlotte resident Daniel Rufty, 26, a Rick Santorum delegate from the 12th Congressional District, which includes parts of Winston-Salem. "I'm a Republican. I've always been a Republican," Rufty said. "My goal here is to restore the Republican Party. I think debate's healthy. This is a convention. This is not a commercial."

Read more here:
www2.hickoryrecord.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seems like words wont get you anywhere in this country, not even the voices of millions. I think it's about time we physically take back our country, all this talk has gotten us nowhere.
edit on 30-8-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Thank you for joining the discussion, I think people are going to be greatful for the final results of the election 2012 so that they can get back to pretending things have a bright side if you just ignore the darkness like the media and the RNC did DR. Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
All the talk about economic recovery and Romneys experience with making trillions, Ryan's ability to catch the eye of the biggest power brokers speaks to peoples greed and self preservation.

"If" they join the frenzy and ignore the fact no real plan has been discussed, no real direction, only creating pipe dreams of how things are going to be different, that no matter where they come from or what country, they too can live the American dream with hard work and perseverance.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well here it is folks, it has come down to this moment in time when the Party has split and there seems no chance of recovery. On we march towards fighting from the local levels and doing what we can to stand untited against tyranny in the US.

I don't see where we are supposed to derive any hope from what this "R3VOLution" has done.
The hope was - equity.
Rather - it has been nothing more than blusters in a storm.
The fact that the MSM has marched lock-step with the GOP establishment through the entire campaigning cycle is more telling/startling than, perhaps, any other revelation that has surfaced.
Formerly - they would have gone all-out to defame any Republican. Since they went out of their way to hide the one candidate with genuine grass-roots support, they have revealed their agenda. (not that it was very well hidden before)
It is certain, though, that once Dr. Paul's chance is solidly quashed, they will go after Romney...as, their prime choice is already in the White House.
Really can't even RANT about this intelligently-enough to show the emotional inflamation and outrage that is brewing.
Wish I could see that this walkout would even get some minimal stir from the sleeping masses (who - as you say - are simply chasing that carrot dangled teasingly near enough to keep them hoping their shot at the American Dream is only a couple of steps ahead)...but I fear - the trance has grown too deep.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think you over state the r3volushun.....more like a fart in a wind storm.....
There better be some determined people show up to turn things around soon........
Republican = Democrats there will be no real choice at all......

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think you over state the r3volushun.....more like a fart in a wind storm.....
There better be some determined people show up to turn things around soon........
Republican = Democrats there will be no real choice at all......

Can't fault your "correction".
The real issue -- WHO?
Who can?...or will?
It will not be possible (imo) apart from a literal overthrow. Corruption, fraud and the great host of scamming arts no longer raise an eyebrow...but, it seems...those willing to go further with them, are the more lauded and esteemed.
There IS NO REAL CHOICE this election cycle.
While I did not vote for McCain the last time around...and am entirely disgusted with Obama...I don't think McCain would have been a better choice. Just as I would never give the GOP the satisfaction of voting for the candidate they ramrodded through.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

It will not be possible (imo) apart from a literal overthrow. Corruption, fraud and the great host of scamming arts no longer raise an eyebrow...but, it seems...those willing to go further with them, are the more lauded and esteemed.

So, if in your state write-ins are allowed, go there and write in: "I was here" or "None of the Above".....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks, antar. S/F....
good and important thread.....

it's a very dismal situation, no getting around it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WanDash

So, if in your state write-ins are allowed, go there and write in: "I was here" or "None of the Above".....

Thank you - I will be writing-in my choice.
Best regards.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I find the rhetoric from Romney and Ryan disingenuous...sounds like a paraphrased version of "hope and change" to me...the problem is that as citizens, we know that we have to fire someone, but we only have one applicant...i'm voting Romney as of now but i'm gonna have to take a handful of anti-depressants after....(jk)....

good discussion. If only they would let RP debate he could run in a 3rd party. he would destroy in a debate...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xGuitarPlayerx

He would. If people were smart. He destroyed in earlier GOP debates, but the average American voter is just slightly smarter than a Chimp.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In this particular case, the delegates are RIGHT.

As Maine goes, so goes the nation:

In a sense that the RNC stripped Maine's duly elected unbound delegates in favor of their own, specially chosen, fall-in-line delegates that would kneel to Romney if instructed to.

So Maine's delegates were stripped and the RNC put new rules into place forcing an authoritarian process where duly elected delegates are NO MORE.

So yes, As goes Maine, so goes the nation. THEY WERE RIGHT. But of course, that is just one way of looking at it.

As Maine goes, so goes the nation is a Maine saying.
edit on 31-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join