It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Runaway Rail Car Rolls from US Into Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Runaway Rail Car Rolls from US Into Canada

www.wgrz.com

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) - An empty rail car disconnected from a CSX freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the U.S.-Canadian border in western New York, and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.

The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone purposely disconnected the empty car at the company's rail yard in Niagara Falls early on the morning of Aug. 12th. Lead Patrol Agent Michael Scioli of U.S. Customs and Border Protection says "Someone bled the brakes and pulled the pin on it. There's a slight hill
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me anymore? Seems things are pretty lax on the north border these days huh. All I know is the sheer amount of "border patrol" trucks that I see on a daily basis around here even 20 miles from the border is crazy. Looks like they should start spending a little more time closer to the border and work on closing the apparent holes in their security instead of cruising the countryside. I know this article says the morning of the 12 of Aug, but it was just reported on todays news. So those details are still a bit confusing as to when it happened either that or I am just tired today and not reading it properly.

www.wgrz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So no one else finds this interesting, and a little worrisome at the same time, considering all the $$ thats supposedly poured into border security.

join