It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empaths and thier "powers" fiction or reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Empathic sure...I see auras (used to be a real problem) and in the auras of others I was often seeing old injuries, new injuries, baggage (emotional) and it took a long time to understand and own it. I spent years as an agoraphobic...total shut in. I highly recommend cognitive therapies for the general population...works wonders if you are truly motivated to move beyond a life of fear.

People are "icky". I both love them and despise them. Precarious balance some days. I am very sensitive to strangers...oddly enough I can appear quite cold to those who love me and tolerate me. I wonder how many other empathic types have a love hate relationship with the general population?

I still see auras though I don't let them interfere as I did before. I've become more skilled at "ignoring" them I guess.

Anyway the point is we all have a story to tell...some people can feel it, sense it, see it and hear it before the words even leave a person's mouth.

How much of it is "learned" vs inherent is questionable. Some people are exceptional body readers and face readers as well as voice....I do it and I personally would call shenanigans on ANY medium, seer, empath etc etc who said they didn't. The five senses enhance the 6th I figger.

Then again I also believe in aliens, Ghosts, Impending Doom and Gloom and Remote Viewing so I may not be a good judge, of what's fact or fiction

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I would consider myself an empath. I can often feel what other are feeling or understand what they are thinking. The manipulation of emotions is not hard when one understands them depending on the emotion, but manipulating anyone's emotions is to some extent wrong, because you are manipulating someone to think or feel a certain way they may not normally feel otherwise. Often times it is as simple as observing body cues but sometimes it's more then that, like feeling a sort of emotional vibrational energy....that sounds weird but it's the best way I can describe it.

I'll try to give you an example:
Room mate comes home, doesn't really say anything to me, no big deal, doesn't slam the door, just goes to his rooms and turns on his xbox. That sounds pretty normal doesn't it? For whatever reason, on that particular day I seem to feel something "wrong" with the emotional energy surrounding my room mate, it's not something I can see or hear...I sort of feel it....like feeling tension in a room....Most people that don't consider themselves empaths can identify with that feeling. In any case I go to his room and ask him what's up, how has his day been, how's he feeling, that sort of thing. My room mate goes on to explain how sad he is how lonely he feels. Now at this point manipulation isn't hard. I've already started the process, just by letting him explain how he's feeling I've done two things. I've gotten a greater understanding of his position and why he feels the way he does, and I've also put myself in a position to influence these feelings just by saying something in return because he has has trusted me with the knowledge of his feelings, he has confided in me.

I could tell him that he's boring, or ugly, or what have you and make him feel worse, he might fall into a great depressive funk, get mad, or hell even kill himself if I were harsh enough.

Or

I could comfort him and tell him that life is hard, and sometimes it is difficult to be alone when everyone around you seems to have a partner, but that while this might feel painful now it is a fleeting moment in an otherwise long life that will very likely be filled with better experiences and new people that will make him feel less lonely from time to time. Saying something like this would probably make him feel a little better and his emotional vibrational energy would simply change to be less extreme. (become normal)

Or
I could encourage him to go look for companion ship and tell him good qualities about himself and that if he really doesn't want to be alone he should be outgoing, get out of the apartment, and seek friendship and more from outside the apartment. This will not only typically reverse negative feelings but may even make him feel good and in some ways more confident in his future endeavors.

This is the physical part part of the "empath" power. Communication is key, however, that doesn't mean that all of it is physical some of it can simply be energy manipulation. Sometimes when I'm feeling what someone else is feeling their feelings can be so powerful it makes me feel the way they are feeling. I usually try to block off these things as it isn't terribly healthy. However, through practice I have also learned to internalize these feelings and change them through optimism and subtle vibrational energy. If one is extremely experienced with vibrational energy they can extend their vibrational energy to others to slowly change the way they feel. Which is what a lot of people do unconsciously to empaths.

Now, much of this might just sound like normal human empathy and to some extent it is. However, those that call themselves "empaths" seem to have a better understanding or use of empathy then the average person. Some empaths even have the ability to heal physical fatigue simply by moving their hands around a person and claim they emit a "light" form their hands. Although I feel vibrational energy and to some extent can manipulate it, I don't have the ability to heal like that. I hope this helps. It may sound like I'm talking out of my butt because I have no scientific evidence to explain these events, merely my experiences.

I will say this however, being an empath or being around an empath that is inexperienced can be dangerous because it can be a difficult ability to control, and pushing anyone too hard emotionally is never a good thing.

I hope this post helps.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I have been an empath all my life, and didn't know about it until recently 2 years ago when I started researching about my issue of feeling anxious and depressed for no reason when I'm in the crowd or watching

Move to the middle of nowhere - - like I did.

I still get "messages" - - but I'm not constantly bombarded by everyone else's energies all the time.

I have to turn off electronics sometimes too.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

I know what you mean, I often have a love and hate relationship with people as well. Infact, I would say that my general hatred for humanity led to a stronger ability in blocking others emotions during my teens. I am a much happier person in general these days....but there are still a lot of people that bother me.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Wow, another great description.....wish I could put it into words like that...thanks for doing it for me.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I have to turn off electronics sometimes too.

I find this interesting, I have had odd experiences with electronics from time to time but I hadn't realized that the two things could be related. I especially find that fans or things with electric motors seem to be influenced by my "energy" if I am feeling particularly energetic. On one occasion I even found that I had to leave a room to stop a television from blinking and making odd noises, after leaving, it stopped, if I came back into the immediate vicinity it did it again. This particular type event isn't a constant for me however, and has only happened on occasion.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Move to the middle of nowhere - - like I did. I still get "messages" - - but I'm not constantly bombarded by everyone else's energies all the time. I have to turn off electronics sometimes too.

Oh how I would love to live in the woods, nature is my home. I also have a very deep connection with nature. The sucky thing is that, sometimes I can't tell the difference between my emotions and the emotions I'm picking up. It can be tough, but I learned to work with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

HAH! Try riding the bus in crazy town. Every loon and his imaginary friend finds me...literally they seek me out. The job I have is very demanding emotionally and I am vulnerable after work...tapped out I think is a good term. I loved the comment from another poster about moving to the middle of nowhere...that is how I ended up here. My little crazy town way station before I can become a hermit in my old age.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I find this interesting, I have had odd experiences with electronics from time to time but I hadn't realized that the two things could be related. I especially find that fans or things with electric motors seem to be influenced by my "energy" if I am feeling particularly energetic. On one occasion I even found that I had to leave a room to stop a television from blinking and making odd noises, after leaving, it stopped, if I came back into the immediate vicinity it did it again. This particular type event isn't a constant for me however, and has only happened on occasion.

Try meditation and hearing cracks all over the walls and windows, or empty water bottles popping every 2 seconds. Or light bulbs popping. A sure way to interfere once meditation.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have a bit of experience with empathy firsthand. It's not something I can prove, it's only something you can prove to yourself due to the nature of it being directly connected to intuition. Only those who feel (and I'm not talking about tactile sensation), are able to really know it. But knowing is not the same as understanding. Understanding is a function of the mind while empathy is more a function of the heart. The mind can approximate intuition by studying and applying probabilities, but when I do that I feel like it's also translating from the heart.

Those who can feel strongly are likely to be empathic. It's more than just feeling the present moment... it's as if events in time send ripples backward and forward. Strong feelers can sense the larger events, at least as far as the events relate to the feeler. Some people call it 'gut feel' or 'vibes'.

Being an empath is both a blessing and a curse. We need to be very careful what kind of people and especially what kind of information we surround ourselves with. Too much ATS can be unhealthy. I've taken extended breaks from this forum many times.
Information is absorbed and reflected, but can also be transformed on the way out. This is how we can manipulate things as an empath. The range of manipulation is based on awareness, not physical radius. Reverse causation is also possible, but it's only the unrealized past and future that can be manipulated. Free will of others bars us from manipulating more than we otherwise could or would, as opposed to a lucid dream where we have more control.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Oh yes...that is true...everyone wants to talk...all these strangers...usually I don't mind, if it's not a crowded place.
But if I am already on high alert and they just keep at me...I feel like I will explode or something.

I hate to be rude or hurt someones feelings...makes it very difficult.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Aside from being electrocuted 9 times now (once was my own fault) I don't have issue with electronics per say...unless the telephone counts...?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I can't wear wind up watches, never could, they just die.

Is that connected?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have always believed all humans are latnly empathic, some just can grasp on to it better then others much like a great deal of metaphysics. In my own experiance I can say I have at times tried to push my mental preception and its annoying. Short of two very peacful friends and my newst girlfriend I cant get out much. Around where I live in malls and public areas negitivity and greed just hover like a fog somdays.

My mother on the other hand I believe is too adept without realizing it. She can read people like a book to the point of most friends, family, and even my father have begged for her to just tell us she is a telepath lol. The drawbacks to the fact that all people are books to her is that she is quite shut in. And most people have thought of her as quite rude because she only really talks to people she "reads" out to be worth it.

In all its a very intresting field that should be studied by all!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Holy #, I can definitely identify with that, crazy people #ing love me. I have a friend that I met in high school, who is literally schizophrenic and takes medication for it, we met in high school at lunch. I was literally just sitting with a friend I knew, during a lunch period that I didn't have a lot of friends in. Just me and my friend, when my schizo friend comes over (prior to me knowing him) and just sits there and starts eating. It took me a little time to get him to talk to us, but after about 10 minutes he became my friend.

That's not the only time something like that has happened, that's just the most extreme case. One of my other friends claims I have a "madness aura" because people either go crazy around me or I just attract crazy people.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

My last break from ATS was 4 years almost...came back recently but make it a once a month thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Does anyone else get "butterflies" in their stomach before something bad or uncomfortable happens?

Not when you know it's coming like going to a party and meeting people or going to the docter etc.

I mean out of the blue, everything is normal then bad nervous feeling and BAM....phone rings with bad news, car accident etc?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I can't wear wind up watches, never could, they just die. Is that connected?

It can be, you sucking the damn life out of the battery?
but I see your point. Vacuum cleaners used to give me migraines back when I was full flown over-sensitive.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am empathic. I stay away from crowds. Selective on friends. I often must ignore subtle energies others don't notice. I can read objects. Work with bi-location and photos.

You know, all that occult metaphysical stuff. It's of some of my interests.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ha Ha!! No...batteries are ok....just the wing up mechanical kind....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join