It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bowling Ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A bowl which is sent down an alley and which is set true - is the same ball which after leaving the bowler's hand , travels the length of the run , towards the pins .

When a ball is sent down the alley correctly , it is seen that a true strike takes down all the pins in one go .

There will be those struggling to find a 'useful coincidence' to beat a coincidence , as they watch that ball spin on its way to the pins , they'd wish it wouldnt hammer home as they can see it will , because they are the opposition , those who would wish it not to be so .

And there will be those with no hint of desperation in their souls , who say , 'aye' , 'the ball will make the strike.'

When a future is set true - maybe a longer shot than the bowling ball - there is a craft for man - to know when .

Now that ball _is going to knock _all the pins down

= when is it , at where is the point , when you say that ?

Nobody goes with being wrong in life - they might hope there wasnt the way is was or is , but theyre in a sinking ship without seeing the way it is - more fool them if they didnt take the lifeboats
edit on 30-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Are you starting the 1st ever ATS bowling League?
If you are, I am so down with that!

If not, I have know idea what you are talking about.
Do I bring bowling shoes or arm floaties?
edit on 30-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Wtf
??????????????

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Hey...I was sent to this thread to sign up for the new ATS Bowling League...Size 5 woman's bowling shoes please...with heels if you have them......Now, we need a micro brewery for our own house label beer.....

Des

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Take a look at 0:55 seconds in. Guess there's more than one path, eh?

edit on 8/30/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Already done.
It's called Pale Horse Ale.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Of course you are addressing inertia, inevitability, and cause and effect - along with the sorrowing human predisposition to lack perspective when within, and not outside of a given situation. While your analogy is a bit dated to me ( Do people still bowl for any other reason than to have an excuse to drink beer at 2:30 in the afternoon? ) I can wholeheartedly relate to the metaphor that is contained within.

Yes, my friend, the ship is sinking. And you are correct in your position that not many people seem interested in seeking out flotation devices. But here's the rub... when people do wake up to the doom that is sneaking up on them like George Michael in an all male bar... the ensuing panic will cause the ship to list and to flounder.

The longer we can control the masses and their knee-jerk, all to late reaction, the longer we all shall live.

Wow.. I gotta up my dosage...

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

the one the end - they'd love it but its not happening . plug's pulled
and whats come out of it - you for one i know are as sound they get brother , and all you have more beer coming
respect

and also it goes both ways with pipes , so , sorry about that - the one of two choices yet again

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Of course you are addressing inertia, inevitability, and cause and effect - along with the sorrowing human predisposition to lack perspective when within, and not outside of a given situation. While your analogy is a bit dated to me ( Do people still bowl for any other reason than to have an excuse to drink beer at 2:30 in the afternoon? ) I can wholeheartedly relate to the metaphor that is contained within.

Yes, my friend, the ship is sinking. And you are correct in your position that not many people seem interested in seeking out flotation devices. But here's the rub... when people do wake up to the doom that is sneaking up on them like George Michael in an all male bar... the ensuing panic will cause the ship to list and to flounder.

The longer we can control the masses and their knee-jerk, all to late reaction, the longer we all shall live.

Wow.. I gotta up my dosage...

~Heff

Star for the George Michael analogy.

A more rambunctious visual than the boiling frog narrative !

Ned

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wait, I recognize this. It's lifted from Sun Tzu's, The Art of Bowling.

Oh boy, I've OD'ed on ATS. Time to go.

Who wrote this? Walter Sobchak?
edit on 31-8-2012 by RighteousDude because: add on

new topics

top topics

join