It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 news report proves paul ryan was correct about plant closure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
link to video

yes, GM laid off 1200 workers while bush was in office.
but those jobs were not permanently gone until obama took over GM, and closed the plant.

and more than 100 workers retained their jobs until obama took over GM, and closed the plant.

edit on 30-8-2012 by bjax9er because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

obama took over GM

Obama didn't take over anything, the government did..... Congress voted for that to happen...republicans included.

It's funny that the gov can bail out the banks with no strings attached, but in order to do so for the car plants they had to cut jobs, wages, and pensions.

Oh, and......PAUL RYAN VOTED FOR THE AUTO BAILOUT lol.

He even broke with his party -- and his future presidential running mate Mitt Romney -- to vote in Congress for a $15 billion federal bailout for GM and Chrysler as they teetered on the edge of insolvency.

Along with the auto bailout vote, Ryan voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the $700 billion bank bailout that is anathema to Tea Party conservatives. He opposed Obama's 2009 stimulus effort, but his office sought to secure funding once it was signed into law.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Collectivists pretending their not are funnyyyy.........

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Technically speaking, the Janesville plant is on "standby" and has been since after assembly line operations ceased in the spring of 2009. GM still owns the 4.8-million sq. ft. vacant plant but nothing is being done with it and the company is trying to figure out if they should sell the property.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

yeah i know the government took over gm.
i'am just pointing out the lie the left is pushing.

yes, paul ryan did vote for the bailout.
the plant was in his district.
does that justify the vote for the bailout?
no.
do i blame him for trying to save his communities jobs?
no.

and who wouldn't try to get stimulus funds for their district, after it was voted into law?
it is partially their money. tax money that is.

every member of congress does this.
vote no, then try to get the money.
ron paul is well known for this.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
Technically speaking, the Janesville plant is on "standby" and has been since after assembly line operations ceased in the spring of 2009. GM still owns the 4.8-million sq. ft. vacant plant but nothing is being done with it and the company is trying to figure out if they should sell the property.

I would go ahead and sell it. There are some fairly strange people in Janesville that seem to think somehow the GM plant is going to make a come back. Sorry people the plant isn't going to reopen unless the economy "recovers" and that is not going to happen because we have a monetary system based on debt which TPTB are having trouble preventing it's inevitable implosion.

Unfortunately nowadays it seems that in order to be well off in Janesville you must be retired, lucky, or most likely know the "right" people. Most people are surviving by the skin of their teeth and most likely taking from others (through devaluation of currency through it's inflation) and they will have an extremely hard time once the collapse happens. Time will tell as always.

We really need to figure out a new monetary system. The current monetary system is the fundamentally systemic problem that should be getting all the attention (this is why I was attracted to Ron Paul... competing monetary systems) not all this ignorant political pandering. If you change the monetary system you change everything it touches which is... EVERYTHING!

"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws."

- Mayer Amschel Rothschild
edit on 30-8-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join