It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your opinion about my problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
On august 21, I ordered an item from the big online store, A****n. You know, that one where you can get every kind product from books to fitness machines, and a myriad more.

The seller, located in Georgia, US, put 'shipped' on the 22nd.

Today I got with the USPS, who told me the item never "scanned".

Then I got with A***** who said it looks like the seller made a shipping label but thats all.

Then they emailed the seller. He said "I'm taking care of it!"

Then they told seller to tell me if a refund for me would be better, because the item was for someone's birthday, tomorrow.

He told them that he told me he was tracking the package (lie) but I saw the email because it went via A*****.

So I told him USPS said it seemed the 'parcel' never scanned.

A***** told me not to worry because they will be on this every day, and resolve it somehow. But for some reason, I am not, not-worried.

I have never had trouble with A before, and ordered many things. They have a prestigious reputation, that I could see. (Saw.)

How vulnerable am I to scam and loss via them, anyway???

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry Amazon is pretty good with keeping there customers happy.. I have been shopping on amazon for years now, Had a few problems similar to this.. but they always clear them up..

By the way If you file a dispute with the seller it gives you the option to settle the suit for the value of the item, plus shipping in amazon credit..

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In this case it looks like you ordered a product from one of A's affiliates, not A itself. I've never run into a problem doing that, but I can see where if there were one, "A" would be in a devil of a position. I don't know what kind of agreement they sign with their affiliates, but I suspect "A's" only real power here is to de-list the affiliate. They may offer you a refund. I did that only once on a defective item, and it was handled very fast and efficiently. They even paid my postage. When you deal with "A" like this as an intermediary for a third party, you really take your chances with delivery times. It's much slower than heir usual "same day shipping" gig.

I don't see this as "A's" fault here, but they certainly should make you whole on the deal.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A condition on selling on A is you have to provide tracking. Only after conformation of delivery is payment actually paid. I ordered a book seller said he sent it,a month later the book never showed up and A went and canceled the transaction without me having to do anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I had a similar problem once and A......n, immediately stepped up and shipped another product, from another vender to me, I have always found them to be honest to a fault and to work really hard to resolve any dissatisfaction. I would say you do not have to worry about fraud from anyone associated with them. This sounds like an unfortunate incident, but I would be shocked if it occurred again.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Said company has an A to Z guarantee. its not fast, but if you aren't able to get your item, said company is pretty good about refunds after an investigation (that is the part that probably takes the longest).

With it being a gift, its more of an issue with timing. I wish I could tell you that all is going to be alright, but even the big companies and the shippers can lose things.

Also USPS tracking is a sham, the ginormous numbers almost never pull up anything on the net and if it does it only tracks when it gets to the regional areas as it goes through shipping. (not at every stop like UPS or FedEx).

I do understand its frustrating to order a gift and be unsure if it will arrive. The bottom line though is it either will or won't show up and you must deal with it as it comes. I am not trying to be negative, its just until the time frame passes for the order you can't really do anything.

My advice for the future, if you order anything that is time sensitive, don't order from 3rd parties.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is worriesome for me because I just ordered a textbook off of "A" earlier this week and really need it by next week or I will be very very behind in a class. (The book was five dollars, I couldn't resist!)

Keep staying in touch with "A" and also it's always a great thing to check a seller's rating before buying anything from them. Normally I won't buy anything from anyone or any place with a satisfaction rating below 96%.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Very good good advice and info here, you all are helpfull, and I'm glad I told about this problem, then. I had noticed that one of the customer comments on A there with that seller is, "Hey where is my item I ordered?" Under Recent Feedback, she says actually, ""I have not received this product yet and would like to know if and when I will get it. "Dorothy M., August 28, 2012
Well this individual in his email respones to me and A today, makes it sound like (he) is unprofessional, defensive, evasive, and full of sh*t. But you all give me hope. A is someone I would rate as stellar otherwise in my experience, before this, and I know it's really not their fault.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Saucerwench because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Contact Amazon customer service. See what they recommend. Hope is works out to your satisfaction.

sad eyed lady

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

You might want to check with your school library to see if they have any copies of this text book. Chances are slim. because they are often checked out before the beginning of the semester, maybe you will get lucky. You, too, can contact the seller for an estimate on delivery date.

sad eyed lady

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have something to ask of you all. This is probably a duh no brainer,........The item I ordered from this 'third party seller' did/does have a track and confirm number, which is about 22 digits long. You put it in USPS's track a package box. It sez, first class mail, electronic shipping info recieved. August 22. And thats all. Nothing more.
DOES THIS MEAN
That the seller did indeed pass the parcel to USPS who could be the ones who maybe lost it or whoknowswhat?
(--even though-- USPS told me today they have no "scanned" record of it.) I WAS in contact with A customer service, and she said it means the seller made a shipping label.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Saucerwench because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

No,they are correct.The label was only printed nothing more. If the post office had scanned it and recieved it,you would be able to track it.If the post office says they don't have a record of it being scanned..I'd tend to believe them then your seller.
edit on 30-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I recently had the same sort of problem with that company. I never received my order, but when I filed a complaint, the seller had given me a refund, in the form of a credit amount equal to what I spent.

I was always afraid to order things online, because of something like this happening, where you pay and never get the item you ordered, but after I got my money refunded in the form of a credit, I felt much better about ordering things online.

Hope that this works out and your problem gets resolved.

new topics

top topics

join