It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State - bigger and more militarized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
With all the recent threads concerning ammo purchases to DHS references to going hot, I wanted to add another piece to the puzzle. If we connect all the dots everybody here has found, the bigger picture becomes quite clear, and only those with self imposed ignorance or denial refuse to see it. Even if ATSers play devils advocate they can't ignore the forest for its trees.

With that here is my contribution to this puzzle many here are trying to solve even though everybody has a pretty good idea what it will look like.

Law enforcement agencies around the U.S. are obtaining record amounts of surplus military equipment through the Department of Defense’s Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO). Nearly half-a-billion dollars of equipment has already been provided to law enforcement agencies in the first three quarters of 2012, making this year’s transfer of property set to be the largest in the history of the LESO program.

Law enforcement agencies obtaining record amount of surplus military equipment

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
With liberal weapon laws, there's a lot of nice gear floating around into the hands of criminals.
Clearly the police needs to keep up with the race?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I recall a post from a member across the pond saying that there police in England were being armed military style as well. And this in a place where guns are illegal. Not saying no people have them but at the same time in my mind all the militarizing of the police really makes me wonder for sure what the end result is gonna be and if I wanna be around to see it. Likely not with the way it seems to be going.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And with the recent news that we`re going to see drones in British air space , it makes you wonder just how big this thing is going to be.

Not to worry , Iran is the real "bad guy"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

FEMA camps, NDAA, all the bailouts, the fact we are actually 222,000,000,000,000 in debt not the 16trillion most think( where did all the rest disapear to? bunkers maybe? their sale has gone up 7,000% in the last 10 years)........

it just seems like they are preping for somthing, somthing that will change life as we know it, somthing maybe catastrophic, and all the while making sure the 1337 i mean "elite" are well taken care of, bailouts anyone?

which is why it seems very odd to me that so many top level execs have just up and retired to sn the past couple years. i think they are building sevret bunkers, and holding up in them, waiting for "IT" to pass.

i dont the "IT", much like we cant see a black hole, we can see it effects on everything around it though.

Which brings me back to your op, it is just another puzzle piece, but when combined with so many others, we start to see a pattern emerging, a pattern i find both very telling( the worlds elite are about to pull a "2012" and get them and their families safe before warning the rest of us about whatever they are so worried about.

Think for a minute or two, it cant only be because they are afraid of the people rising up to remove them, or they would just stop trampling us so often to ease the stress some and save themselves, they are doing it intentionally, and dont care. Meaning to me, they know somthing is coming and are preping for all they are worth behind the veil, with no choice to accomplish their plans but to run everything into the ground, dispite the obsticles.

it seriously seems just like the movie 2012, or deep impact, where morgan freeman says, " we have spent way to money to hide, we will have no choice but to admit it to the public" but only after their plan was already finished and beyond being jeopardised by the publics reactions.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Our money well spent.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
this may be the reason why there have an increase in deaths in police custody, after all military equipment is designed to kill and disable the enemy. the media has a lot of blame for this as they say that violent crime is on the increase when it clearly isn't. they use this to justify why are police should be armed. during the olympics a police officer pepper sprayed a disabled man because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. i have lost all respect for the police as i think they are nothing more than thugs in uniform with a licence to kill because no police officer has been charged with murder and you are more likely to be killed by law enforcement officer than by a terrorist. sad times ahead i think....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I have to say I am very surprised that more people are not discussing this, it does seem quiet obvious that the world governments are preping - the question is for what. How do we prepare without knowing what it is? I have been researching the what for two years and am convinced they are preparing for multiple scenarios, sadly I am no more closer to an answer than two years ago, if anything I have increased the number of disaster scenarios that I began with. If anyone knows the answer to this great mystery please illuminate me;0 thank you!

bg
p.s. If I could flag this thread I would but alas I am a mere nebie Thank you for the thread though!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Great point, also considering the current political climate, worth looking back upon.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Great point, also considering the current political climate, worth looking back upon.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Guess what?

It is still happening but now it is going to go into over drive, because military surplus always goes to law enforcement first before being auctioned off to any one who can pay.

It would be best to take measures to ensure it isnt sold to foreign nations, or used for domestic unrest.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thought it was time for another way back time machine flashback.

Its almost uncanny how many of these older posts age.

Wanted to bump this for those who may missed the memo.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Many of us saw this coming, and are less than shocked.

Though I will admit, I didn't really see it as far back as some.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The signs were always there, I'll say that much.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh man, I really love how some of these older threads have aged. Who would have thought, a decade or two ago that a police state would come about along side a defund the police movement...?

edit on 27-12-2021 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Makes you wonder if the whole "Defund the Police" was more about preventing the civilian populace from getting their hands on that police equipment. I know a lot of Law Enforcement that would be more than happy to "Accidentally" leave the door to the Sheriff's MRAPP open and running if it came down to a full-on CW situation.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The federal government letting them arm themselves to defend their worthless state constitutions is not only dumb and stupid it's pathetic.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I think it's more of a 1776 style awakening to the 1984 state of things. Seeing this machine in action will say it all...

top topics

join