It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

You mean having fun acting like a total moron and living in denial. Yup we got you,Done arguing reality with a person living in fantasy land.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Quit playing the alpha-dog, asserting your dominance like some mangy wolf-mutt ... we all know you have a 5150 on your record and can't even legally carry a gun yourself! lmao.

No need to try and force the man to your way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sinza

Who is forcing anyone to do anything?
What are you going on about.
Alpha dog?
Asserting dominance?
How does that even fit into this conversation?
Are you sure you're in the right thread?
edit on 4-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

¿Habla Inglés?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

My arguement is full proof actually you people are too stuck on fictional narratives to comprehend what im saying.

Now we get to the root of the problem. You say other people are using fictional narratives. In fact, YOU are the one using fictional narratives. All of your ideas about using pressure points, Chuck Norris skills, talk therapy, and other ridiculous ideas to stop violent attackers are fictional, they are based on video games, movies, or whatever else kind of BS influence you are basing your opinions on.

Where as we (the people arguing against you) base our opinions and views on REAL LIFE situations in the past. Real violent encounters, real shootings, real stabbings, real attacks. When it comes to my safety or my life, I will base my choices on REAL things, not some movie fantasy version of defense that you seem to have.

There are definitely situations where immediate escalation to deadly force is a bad idea, nobody is arguing against that. But those aren't the situations we are talking about. We are talking about situations just like the original article, where someone's life is in immediate, severe danger. In such situations, there is not a single better thing than a firearm in order to stop the threat.

Originally posted by lifeform11

so if you shoot the attacker then everybody else has a right to shoot you to?

Did you really just say that?

Step back, count to 10, and then re-read that. Do you see how ridiculous of a question that is now?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OP,

Im not sure if anyone mentioned this but it appears the "official" story has already been changed to indicate that the armed civilian did NOT intervene in the actual stabbing, but simply pulled his gun AFTER the stabbing, telling the attacker to "stay put".

I could hear her screaming. She was all full of blood everywhere,” said Jonathan Reyes, who called 911 after witnessing the stabbing, which left heavy blood spatter on the driver's-side door of her white car.

Reyes said he saw the stabber toss his knife into a bushy area next to the car and make a call on his cellphone after the attack.

Another witness who has a concealed carry license pulled his gun and ordered Barron to stay put until San Antonio Independent School District police arrived. Officers with the San Antonio Police Department followed and took over the investigation.

LINK

So according to this article the attacker had time to FINISH the stabbing and then make a cell phone call after!!

My first post in a million years,
GeminiSky

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join