It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Stolen art found behind toilet

page: 1

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:10 AM
Three paintings by Van Gogh, Picasso and Gauguin, stolen from a UK city centre gallery, have been found behind a public toilet. The pieces, worth an estimated 4m, were reported missing from the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester on Sunday.

Greater Manchester Police said an anonymous tip-off at about 0200 BST on Monday led them to the paintings.

BBC News Link

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:14 AM
Damn....Its going to cost a fortune to get those repaired if they are damaged!

At least they got them back....hate to see good paintings being used as toilet paper?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:53 AM
yeah stolen from the whitworth where i live..

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 02:20 PM
I was wondering why I was getting paint stains on my bum after being there, that loo paper sure looked pretty...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 02:34 PM
Hey least the paintings were found. What a moron too leave them in a bathroom.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:50 AM
stolen paintings?

who said they was stolen in the first place?

when something as valuable as those paintings are stolen, its usually on the news all over, but i didnt hear or see anything in the papers to say that done been stolen!

or is it just me?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:02 AM

It was on the news...but SARS and Iraq ensure that it was only periodic blurbs... Personally never really cared much for Van Gogh, Picasso, or Gauguin...especially Gauguin, he painted like a child, and was an artist pretty much as an excuse to lay around Tahiti and stare at naked women, and......hey! At least the guy was brilliant!
Painted like a kid, but knew how to live, hehe....

new topics

top topics