It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Broke? It's Because You Are Lazy and Drunk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
no great surprise that one who inherited fabulous wealth, then confused it's natural growth (thanks to tax evasion, offshore accounts, creative accounting, exploiting the 'rigged-in-favour-of-the-rich' system etc) with 'hard work', is so utterly out of touch with reality. a reprehensible example of the detached from actuality mentality these people share. they make me sick.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, she kind of has a good point. I like it.

But at the same time, I am living in America right now, have a college education and am not only broke but have loans to pay off. And... the last time I drank or smoked anything was at least a year ago... and I hate being lazy, but there isn't much that can be done about it until I can find a job. That's why I spend time on ATS, helping around the house and stuff, to keep myself as productive as I can be at least.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

We're all detached in our distinct ways.

I don't think anybody is perfect.

I do think that some of us are doing better than others.

But we greatly exaggerate what it takes to do well.

A person earning 5 billion dollars is not doing something better than someone only earning $75,000. I think somebody earning around $75,000 and has two kids is doing the best we can do.

Life is give and take. You can only do so much. Everything is a compromise. You can't be five billion times better than somebody else unless that other person is comatose. And even then I doubt the "betterness" is that great. It might be that humans require other humans just to live. That comatose person may be helping others more than we ever imagined. Just saying we're finite creatures.
edit on 31-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I believe her bulk is not food related, it is that she has her money strapped to her body.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So you mean to tell me that ................THIS BLOATED PIG

Has the audacity to claim she's a product of .......HARD WORK

She has balls bigger than her inheritance to make a statement as absurd as that.

That's definately not the physique of hard work and labor.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
will somebody in australia stick an apple in that womans gobb .when i saw her photo a song about pies came to mind & looking at her is enough to make you go celibate there is not enough drink or money in the world that would make me do her

More food is the last thing she needs. Stick something inedible in her gob instead, like a grenade maybe.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Upon hearing that there was not enough bread for the peasants to eat Maria Theresa queen of France and wife of King Louis XIV uttered "Let them eat cake." Attested to be an insensitive statement what this actually shows is that the rich have no idea what it is like to be poor, she actually thought that if there was no bread then there would be cake she had never in her life experienced poverty herself. Many of the rich, in this case Gina Rinehart a person who has never not been rich, try to legislate for the underprivileged and falsely assume that they have the knowledge required to do so. They simply don't understand, they've never experienced being in the working class and have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. She's probably not insensitive or stupid, but simply does not understand that she has no idea what she's talking about.

P.S. Apparently the "let them eat cake" quote has mistakenly been attributed to Marie Antoinette, but according to historians was actually uttered by Maria Theresa.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Symbiot because: Typo

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Australia's richest person.

Yes, but she's also the WORLDS RICHEST FEMALE, surpassing Oprah by a few BILLION. (with a B)

You think she's spend 8$ on better Shampoo...

OMG!.........I think i just threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this picture. uh oh........mmmm finger over bloated mouth turning green.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
based on her pictures... she needs to get out from behind her desk, off her but and excercise!!!! money cannot buy you happiness, family, true friends, or love... did not even buy her looks apparently... if my daddy left me a fortune sure i could make some good investments and pass up opra.. just saying...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am not lazy.....

What was the question?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The woman is dislusional, take away all her money and put her on the street to get a job. End of story and see how her life goes. Some people just don't get it until they themselves live the life on the street. Talk about ignorance, this woman is FULL OF IT.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Opinionated Perspectives. That is what it all boils down to. What exactly is lazy? One may look at a homeless person and make a judgmental statement, "O they are lazy". Or one can call a person that spends most of their time playing video games lazy. To me the homeless life style at least from a window's view seems to be 10 times more difficult in terms of survival. The person playing a video game all day especially the ones on the leader boards put in much effort and dedication to achieve a goal they find value in. I have also seen homeless that seem to be happy and a lot of the time true success stories come from poverty. Is an overweight self-made millionaire lazy? It would seem they are physically but not mentally or vise-versa an insanely healthy ripped individual might be struggling financially. Everyone is different and finds value and willingness to put in effort on various things. In fact I would go as far as to say the only person I would truly call lazy is a person that decides to stop moving and allows them-self to die from lack of doing anything at all. Someone who decides to give up on themselves financially only creates more hardships which in turn makes continuing on more difficult. They now have to deal with new forms of stress and figure out new ways to obtain sustenance. You could argue they are less lazy then someone who made more balanced decisions and lives a steady life. Then again you could also argue the other which is why it is all perspective and what the sed individual considerers valuable.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The kicker is having inherited all that money she probably just put people to work who ironed out all those deals for her, for juicy bonuses of course. Of course it has nothing to do, that due to the weigh capitalism works, it puts more and more money in fewer pockets, driving up inflation for everyone as fresh cash is infused in the system, because more and more money sits idle on bank accounts of people who have so much of it they dont need to risk a good chunk of it by reinvesting or spending it.

no great surprise that one who inherited fabulous wealth, then confused it's natural growth (thanks to tax evasion, offshore accounts, creative accounting, exploiting the 'rigged-in-favour-of-the-rich' system etc) with 'hard work', is so utterly out of touch with reality. a reprehensible example of the detached from actuality mentality these people share. they make me sick.

Thats probably another reason. "Hard work" and sitting down and thinking how to make the most money out of what you got arent necessarily the 2 same things. At NASA work a lot of very smart people. Imagine if each of them instead of pursuing science and the advancement of mankind would have pooled their resources to find the latest algorithm to extract money out of the financial and stock markets.

This bears the question, do we live in a meritocracy or not? Shouldnt a noble price winner get a bit more than a million dollars, for potential bringing forward the next cog in the wheel of the machine that propels mankind to the stars, seen as thats what a good soccer player does in 10 weeks, some in one week?

Also to conclude, by the very definition of the therm rich not everyone can be rich. Rich means you have vastly more than average. If everybody is a millionair bred costs a thousand Dollars, or Lire, to give an actually existing example. So the richness of the few is not backed by oil, not backed by Gold, or even the economy, but the poverty of the many, untill the currency the rich hold is rejected by anybody and everybody who holds something of value.

That would be the real revolution, telling the rich that their money is not good with you and to give you something else instead, but nobody is going to refuse flabby easily flammable cash anytime soon.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I smoke and drink,all my family does. We employ 15 people all family aswell,we struggle but we get through and we are as happy as can be in these times. As allways. The rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

Good post, peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In a way people, she is right. the only thing you have to do is motivate yourself to find something that your really good at. and try to capitalize on that. reach a goal of $10/hr for at least 8 hours. that $80, do it 5 days a week and now you have 400 tax free dollars. theres 4 weeks in a month so now you make 1600/mo. to some it may not be much but its a start. Ive been doing it for about 2 months, some weeks are better than others, but hey extra cash is extra cash. I work full time by the way. so theres no excuse to why you have no cash in your pockets.

we need to make a thread about helping each other out with money making ideas. it will benefit all of us.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Obviously some people CAN have their cake and eat it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solizer

Day trading on the stock market works out well for me. I make decent money and see the potential to make more money. Thats a weird situation for me. I see how easy it is to make money if you work within the system, at the same time I can only think of how I would hate it to be the one to do "honest work" and do a "real job", you know, something where you provide a service or build a product.

Point is I dont feel like we live in a meritocracy and I say that as somebody who does pretty well in the current system, like seriously well. On the other hand, maybe I am just talented for that kind of work while 10 people who would try to do the same after me would go broke, but it does not feel like real work to me, I see other people making tons of money just by moving money around really. So what am I gonna tell my kids? If I want the best for them, money wise, I teach them all about the financial markets and how to trade in them and to stay the hell away from science or medicine, where the average salary is like just 100-200k .

To sum it up, in the current system, to me it feels like if you do not do anything with financial, you are just really pursuing a hobby which pays a bit of money on the side, but not real money.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Totally for science I've spent the last 27 hours drinking non stop, just to test my previous hypothesis and it has been supported. It's still a big fat, shuddering "Oh Hell no."

And before anybody flames me, I'm reiterating... I did it for science.

Now, if you'll excuse me, during this experiment I've kinda developed a thing for Oprah Winfrey and I'm off to join her message boards to test another hypothesis....

~Heff

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Doesn't sound harsh to me. Sounds pretty lucid and motivating.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I wish you luck in your search. From some of the comments on here, it would seem this Australian women is in need of a personal trainer. You know she could afford some ridiculously inflated per hour costs.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join