It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about the Law of Attraction???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know the law of attraction (LOA) works as I've used it sort of unconciously at some point in the past.

So I have a simple question. Lets take for example the floride they put in city water. Person A is clueless about anything they put in water. They don't believe in conspiracy theories or anything of the sort. As far as they're concerned there tap water is as pure as it can be, and they drink it all the time and they have no problems either possibly because the LOA is at work. What they're believing about something is happening.

So then you got some guy like me who thinks too much. I go get a floride water filter that I use for drinking water and food prep because I don't want any floride in my system, or as little as I can. So then lets say I get called away to work somewhere for a year. All they have to drink there is tap water and I have no filter. Consciously I'm thinking "this stuff isn't good for me, it's tollerable but still...". But by thinking that way would that floride water at that point in time where I'm drinking it for that year have a greater effect on me because I'm conciously aware of the idea that there's something else in it?

You could use the same example with stuff like perscription drugs, or a variety of products. So is it almost not worth knowing so much or over analysing things? Maybe it's better to just turn off your critical thinking, just go with the flow, not care so much about any of this little stuff. And maybe even just go along with whatever reality TPTB tell you it is on the 6oclock news. Like been-lay-deen did 911, and any other strange story is just as described on the news. So by doing that the LOA is in effect and it makes it real to the person believing it's real???

Like how would one persons reality be more real or truthful than anothers anyway in some scenarios? Like one person might sware up and down that they were abducted by aliens, while someone else who was in the same house would not believe them and just be like "No I checked in on your from time to time and you were just having a bad dream".

So how would the LOA fit into the equations of different points of view on reality?

edit on 30-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Excellent subject matter on this topic,. ill be back with my response in a few... need to attract some good answers

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I think if you are aware that you are taking in substances that are bad for you then you are not immune from them.
You have to find alternatives and there are always alternatives if one looks.
However if you are unaware and take in things that are bad for you - Your body will tell you.
Like pain is way to show you that something is not right
Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have never been fond of this theory. It appears to be little more than mere superstition and it doesn't make it past even the most basic experimentation.

So if I think about and make references to people being hit by trucks in the street all the time, does that mean I will be hit by a truck? No, in fact the opposite is more likely to be true.

By worrying and thinking about the possible dangers I may face, I increase my odds of becoming aware of them and being able to avoid them.

So as a result, I look both ways before crossing the street.

What you don't know can and will hurt you, as the fellow who walked mindlessly in the street in the example clearly reveals.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
By making the fallacious assumption that your thought patterns affect and "control" the manifestations of the universe around you, you are inferring that rather than the universe being it's own existence, that the universe is instead a mere figment of your imagination.

This is the foundation of selfishness. It proposes that no sentient entities exist other than yourself, because you can merely control their existence purely by your own thoughts alone.

One does not create reality, but instead reality created one's self.

There are two options here, either you believe you are the end all be all of the universal order and are god in the flesh, or you believe that greater things than yourself exist outside of your body.

Forgive me for considering the "law of attraction" as little more than fallacious superstitions which serve as a justification for the self-interested (and often criminal) actions of the purveyor of such beliefs.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Your scenario with the fluoride reminds me of people who have been healed of ailments using placebos instead of actual medicine. I guess there truly is something to what we each believe therefore influencing the reality around us. The best analogy I've read is the one where each of us are lead actors in our own play. We are able to create the reality around us which best helps us accomplish what our soul intended for this lifetime.

While to some ^^^^^^ that may seem selfish but if every soul has this capability and knows ahead of time what they want to experience in each incarnation then I certainly don't feel guilty for what I've drawn to me in my life.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
By making the fallacious assumption that your thought patterns affect and "control" the manifestations of the universe around you, you are inferring that rather than the universe being it's own existence, that the universe is instead a mere figment of your imagination.

This is the foundation of selfishness. It proposes that no sentient entities exist other than yourself, because you can merely control their existence purely by your own thoughts alone.

One does not create reality, but instead reality created one's self.

There are two options here, either you believe you are the end all be all of the universal order and are god in the flesh, or you believe that greater things than yourself exist outside of your body.

Forgive me for considering the "law of attraction" as little more than fallacious superstitions which serve as a justification for the self-interested (and often criminal) actions of the purveyor of such beliefs.

Ya but what about the double slit experiment? The moment you look the partical goes from wave of infinite possibility to particle of matter. so it's like they realized that unless we look we don't know that there's an outthere outthere isn't that correct?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe it's sort of like this. And the only way I can explain it is that, in any given situation the outcome will depend on the situation. So if one is in need of money lets just say but has no understanding of how to get it. (or they're sick, hurt or can't work for some reason) Well if left to there own devices they'd starve. But instead God intervines and either shows them how to make money or else gives them some money. This is what the bible says. (google: bible Job baby birds)

But using the same scenario, you get a guy who knows how to make money, or at least has an idea. But the dude is very lazy and doesn't want to bother working on it. He just wants to party. so when he's starving and broke there is not intervention, other than his stomack growelling so that causes him to get to work and apply his wisdom. But because he had means or powers to apply to the situation and didn't there fore he gets on assistance from the universe so to speak.

So that's why I was saying maybe it depends on all the factors of the situation as to whether or not supernatural assistance comes into play on a situation. So you drink the floride water not knowing and generally you're okay and nothing happens. But it could be a million and one microscopic factors. And then maybe even when things appear as if they went bad, that happened for a reason to warn off others, like the butterfly effect.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Ya but what about the double slit experiment? The moment you look the partical goes from wave of infinite possibility to particle of matter. so it's like they realized that unless we look we don't know that there's an outthere outthere isn't that correct?

Let's try the hidden sniper experiment.

There is a sniper hidden half a mile away, and you have no knowledge of them.
Their weapon has a suppressor attached, so we won't hear any report when they fire.

Then they take a shot at the back of our head.

If I do not see the bullet, does it exist?
Will it blow my head off?
Or since I didn't see it coming, does that mean it won't hit me?

If your response is that the sniper observed it so it exists, than in the double slit how do you know that little dust mites or bacterium weren't also observers?

Is the sniper creating reality or do you create reality?
If the sniper creates reality, can't you create a different one?
Who's 'reality' is this anyway?

If you really start questioning this 'riddle', you will find so many logical inconsistencies that it will become untenable.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A friend of mine in his thirties married with kids, owns a house, has a good job, in great physical shape. Basically lives a very active and productive lifestyle. One day he hurt his foot went to the Hospital and found out that his blood pressure was 247/173, he couldn't believe it because he felt fine all the time. Well since that day he is not the same person because he stopped his active lifestyle and thinks of himself as being sick all the time. His life changed and not for the better.

So I am thinking why did he get hypertension if he never ever even checked his blood pressure before that day? It seems like now that he knows that he has hypertension and takes medicine for it he never feels well anymore.

Since we attract everything we have according to the "LAW" I'm interested how is it possible to attract hypertension if that never crossed his mind until he got diagnosed with it?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

think of it this way.

what we give. we receive.

this has very little to do with what we physically give and receive. much much more to do with what we mentally and emotionally give.. the physical world is just a physical manifestation of this.

now consider the state of the mental body. we have no idea what we are giving. our minds have become so cluttered (not its natural state). consider the state of the emotional body. the natural state is that we ARE (are constantly giving) love and peace and joy.

when it comes to the LOA when we are in our natural state (the true self) the mind is clear = we ARE love and peace and bliss. this means we have conscious control over what we are thinking and how we are feeling. we are have conscious control of what we give and therefore are able to consciously create our experience. we receive what we give and what we give is determined by us.

it is all about the state of the mental and emotional bodies.. and us having true conscious control over what occurs there.

you have to get the physical world out of the picture completely for when we are in this state the physical world truly becomes a playground. it is not so much about what we are creating there as it is about the foundation (the mental and emotional bodies) upon which we are creating.....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by r2d246

Let's try the hidden sniper experiment.

There is a sniper hidden half a mile away, and you have no knowledge of them.
Their weapon has a suppressor attached, so we won't hear any report when they fire.

Then they take a shot at the back of our head.

If I do not see the bullet, does it exist?
Will it blow my head off?
Or since I didn't see it coming, does that mean it won't hit me?

If your response is that the sniper observed it so it exists, than in the double slit how do you know that little dust mites or bacterium weren't also observers?

Is the sniper creating reality or do you create reality?
If the sniper creates reality, can't you create a different one?
Who's 'reality' is this anyway?

If you really start questioning this 'riddle', you will find so many logical inconsistencies that it will become untenable.

This isn't that different than a lot of things. But the moment of observation happens in a micro second at the point when the bullet touches the persons skin. At that moment for a micro second the person getting hit feels something which creates the measure, collapses the wave. and the new reality forms. Good or bad.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
A friend of mine in his thirties married with kids, owns a house, has a good job, in great physical shape. Basically lives a very active and productive lifestyle. One day he hurt his foot went to the Hospital and found out that his blood pressure was 247/173, he couldn't believe it because he felt fine all the time. Well since that day he is not the same person because he stopped his active lifestyle and thinks of himself as being sick all the time. His life changed and not for the better.

So I am thinking why did he get hypertension if he never ever even checked his blood pressure before that day? It seems like now that he knows that he has hypertension and takes medicine for it he never feels well anymore.

Since we attract everything we have according to the "LAW" I'm interested how is it possible to attract hypertension if that never crossed his mind until he got diagnosed with it?

Funny you should mention that....

I did some research. I realized that there is zero difference between a Voodoo witch doctor in Haiti and a MD in the finest hospitals of north america. There is zero difference!! They both end up giving a form of voodoo curses to people. Just one calls it a diagnosis. We're so brainwashed that we believe MD's a right. So anything they say is the absolute truth and becomes it no matter what. It's insane! that's why if a MD gives you 6 months to live, you could be perfectly healthy but you die in 6 months. It's a voodoo curse. Like NEVER EVER GO SEE A Doctor. Not ever, unless it's trauma care. Like a broken arm. Otherwise you're a complete moron. Like read the book Confessions of a Medical Heiratic. It's writen by an MD. But not just any MD. They guy is like a chef surgeon who teaches other Dr's and stuff. The first line in the book reads "Never go to a a medical clinic or emergency room, because you don't know if you'll end up coming out alive...." or something like that.

I can think of multiple people I know who've gone to clinics and emerg's and what started as virtually nothing turned into the most life threatening situations. They almost killed my friends son. They didn't succeed, but only managed to paralyse him from the neck down (no joke). A different friend they killed this persons dad, I'm almost sure of it. He went in with minor aches and pains and was dead the next day (as not to give away too much) . and so on and so forth. It's madness, total madness in the name of diagonosing everyone with a major problem to get them either a surgury or on a perscription. all in the name of making big money! It's so freaking sad. Normal real treatment to cure anything is for the most part completely out the window. Trust me do some research and read that book, you'll be schocked.
edit on 8-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When you are in a dark forest or road and you have a flashlight. You usually walk in the direction of where you focus your light. This is the law.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Like NEVER EVER GO SEE A Doctor. Not ever, unless it's trauma care. Like a broken arm. Otherwise you're a complete moron.

This is a very dangerous advise you're giving.

Doctors didn't give my friend high blood pressure he already had it. And if it's left untreated it can cause a stroke or a heart attack. Some people don't feel any symptoms for years and then find out that their heart is permanently damaged.

Doctors don't diagnose things if they don't exist 'at least they try not to'. There's only a few cases of patients being killed by medical providers but these people get caught and charged with murder.

When you hear stories of people going to the ER with something treatable and die it's because of negligence like for example forgetting about a patient in the corner or not recognize a life threatening condition in triage.

People need to seek medical help if they have some king of symptoms because a very minor and treatable condition may turn into a matter of life and death if left untreated.

top topics

join