It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Is Ignoring A Sign Of US Economic Decline We Haven't Seen In 60 Years !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

All fine but how can you be so certain than any new system will be better than the current one, I'm not stating that we should keep the one that is in place but that we should not outright and by every means undermine it without first establishing at least some ground work for a positive change...

Most if not all revolutions are usurped and redirected to serve the purposes of those that are better organized...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I had a dream that the asphalt was turned up, and crops were planted where streets used to be. The community forgave each others differences, and cooperated in the spirit of mutual survival, respect, and equality. Officials were selected from a pool at given intervals, and performed their civic duties according to the norms and standards of the local community, and then released from duty.

Does that give you an idea of what kind of system might replace the current one?

IF it all burns down, it's anybody's guess what would happen in the aftermath, but I prefer the utopia in my silly little dreams. Yes, I realize that it sounds like communism........

BTW, I am not looking forward to an apocalypse. I would prefer humans learn to get along sooner rather than later!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Muzzleflash your posts are exactly the wave of thinking that I am on as well. You see the corporate world for what it truly is. Sadly many in the world do not or just don't care to agnolog it untill it as physically at their doorstep. You are right that we as a human race need to band together to stop the raping of this planet and it's own people of their resources. Small business is the key I think. The push for small business would cripple the big guys. It would require a tremendous effort, but not totally out of reach. Get people to stop buying from the large guys and shop at the mom's and pop's again.Then use only what is truly needed and not excessive. We could learn a lot from the Native Indians in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

I am not looking forward to an apocalypse

I think you are in a minority, the level of discontentment with the status quo is generalized and prevalent. But people do not see a way out. I myself see any revolutionary movement resulting in a civilizational decline, loss of social order and structure, I myself see anarcho-communism as the utopian setup but I have lost any hope in humanity, I admire the high points of our achievements, it amazes me at times the what we managed to produce culturally being yet so atavistic in many aspect.

But at the same time looking to the damage and crimes we have committed toward our fellow man and nature I think that I would welcome an apocalypse that ends us all, when I see people in Japan killing dolphins, or the idiotic defense toward the killing of wales, breading Dogs in Korea for food and in China for fur, even killing the bull in barbarism rituals that lacks the past respect given to the animal all our achievements seems so diminute, even more than images of Ethiopian kids dying of hunger unnecessarily or the immolation of Buddhist monks in Tibet. It seems to me that it is all so f-up that there is no fixing that will solve even a fraction of the issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
we can`t put all the blame on the greedy multinational corps and banksters. money is their base of power and our own individual greed keeps feeding them more and more money/power.

very little of our yearly purchases are necessities or things that we need.We satisfy our own greed and egos by buying crap that we don`t need,and in exchange we give them more power/money.
In a very literal sense we are enslaving ourselves and creating our own slave master.

does anyone really need to buy a new cell phone every year, or need to buy a new car every few years, or need to buy the latest and greatest big screen T.V., computer, ipod etc etc.Everytime you do that you are giving your slavemaster more power and pushing yourself further into slavery.

No money equals no power for them, a little money equals a little power for them, a ungodly amount of money equals an ungodly amount of power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join