Everyone Is Ignoring A Sign Of US Economic Decline We Haven't Seen In 60 Years !

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Matus told Bloomberg TV that the decline of the U.S. capital stock is a bad sign:

I would say that one of the things that people have generally ignored is that the U.S. capital stock is in decline. This is the first time post-war we've ever seen it. We don't know what the repercussions are because we have nothing in history to look back on and say, "Hey, last time it did this, this is what followed on it."

www.businessinsider.com...


Well there it is in a nut shell. We are done! With talk of not enough meat to go around, one disaster after another, another possible war that could ultimately start another World War, and the global economy crashing. The US can no longer deny it's fate along with the rest of the world as well. It is obvious by now that the destruction of the middle class globally is under way. They are getting what they want...the Have's and have not's.Many will be able to say I told you so....well so be it. I am writing this as I am staring at my company going from a 30 million a year down to a 3 million a year failure due to this economic meltdown and we have 50 employees. We will be loosing over half of our staff with in weeks here. We have been in business for 25+ years. Sad state of affairs for all of us and our families.




posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo
 


Bummer to hear your situation. This is why the meek shall inherit the earth. They have never needed the system and won't miss it when it's gone.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss
 


I sure wouldn't miss this system of economic enslavement, but it makes me sad to think of how much suffering will take place along the way.




posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In other words, the US is no longer investing much in in new equipment.

New investment however is being made in new equipment by US companies, but it is being made geographically in Asia benefiting Asian economies.

That should be no surprise to anyone in light of the fact that the USA and the West in general has exported its manufacturing base to Asia.

As you sow, so you shall reap...



edit on 30-8-2012 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The capital stock Matus is referring to is American companies' investments in new equipment and software – one of the four main components in GDP – less the depreciation of existing equipment.


So US companies are not spending enough money, I don't see an easy way to change this.


Originally posted by ollncasino
That should be no surprise to anyone in light of the fact that the USA and the West in general has exported its manufacturing base to Asia.

Exactly!
edit on 30-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its because the American people are desensitized to think things will bounce back and everything will be O.K.......

Things will never change untill we hit rock bottom.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by kbriggss
 


I sure wouldn't miss this system of economic enslavement, but it makes me sad to think of how much suffering will take place along the way.



How much suffering would exist over the next thousand years if we allow it to continue?

Dare I say it's worth the small price of suffering now, to eliminate the immensely heavy burden of suffering it for the rest of the foreseeable future?

The quicker the collapse happens, the better off our progeny will be.

Considering of course that we don't have a global nuclear exchange as part of the collapse.
edit on 30-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
double post mistake
edit on 30-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I hear you brother.

Hopefully there is a peaceable solution to this mess, and people keep their cool should the SHT proverbial F.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon
 

How much suffering is going on now around the world due to the economic mess we are in?

The only way to protect yourself is to get off the grid and don't have anything that someone else wants. Hard to do. I can image people in the US will be fighting for stupid belongings while they face starvation.

I try to remain positive for the human race and hope that we all consciously wake up.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I hear you brother.

Hopefully there is a peaceable solution to this mess, and people keep their cool should the SHT proverbial F.


I believe that Peace is the solution within itself.
And that Violence is the problem that plagues us all.

Thinking for one's self is the key to avoiding the problem and embracing the solution.

Thank you for the kind reply by the way.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Matus told Bloomberg TV that the decline of the U.S. capital stock is a bad sign:

I would say that one of the things that people have generally ignored is that the U.S. capital stock is in decline. This is the first time post-war we've ever seen it. We don't know what the repercussions are because we have nothing in history to look back on and say, "Hey, last time it did this, this is what followed on it."

www.businessinsider.com...


Well there it is in a nut shell. We are done! With talk of not enough meat to go around, one disaster after another, another possible war that could ultimately start another World War, and the global economy crashing. The US can no longer deny it's fate along with the rest of the world as well. It is obvious by now that the destruction of the middle class globally is under way. They are getting what they want...the Have's and have not's.Many will be able to say I told you so....well so be it. I am writing this as I am staring at my company going from a 30 million a year down to a 3 million a year failure due to this economic meltdown and we have 50 employees. We will be loosing over half of our staff with in weeks here. We have been in business for 25+ years. Sad state of affairs for all of us and our families.



I feel your pain. My familys company employed 1,200 people in 2008. We declared bankruptcy 4 months ago. We were in business for 25 years.....sucks.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss
 


"I try to remain positive for the human race and hope that we all consciously wake up. "

All you can do. Seems that most of us will be along for the ride, whether we bought a ticket or not.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 



I agree completely, and you are welcome!



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
american business corporations??...these entities are simply economic whores...they go to the best part of the world, to make the most money. they have no allegience to america or it's people.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss

The only way to protect yourself is to get off the grid and don't have anything that someone else wants. Hard to do. I can image people in the US will be fighting for stupid belongings while they face starvation.



I am for most intents and purposes, off the grid (legal technicality).

Sure I am here on ATS, but there are no contractual legal binding agents upon me which compel me to anyone or organization of any type. *Aside of my natural duty to my wife and children of course.*

People are misled into believing that wealth leads to happiness and is a qualifier for success.
This is entirely untrue.

I have found that the less property I own, the happier and freer I become.
Of course I still own a few things, like this computer.

However I remind myself to resist the impulses to buy a lot of crap I don't need. By imposing a moderate level of poverty upon myself through a strategy of non-compliance with the world of commerce, it has become much simpler a task.

Sure it may seem that I face a frustrating and challenging situation, but I assure you that it is nearly stress-free compared to the insanity that the materialistic oriented people face every single day in the rat race gut grind.

When the crap hits the fan, I have no plans of turning away any human being in need.
My purpose on Earth is that of caretaker, teacher, abolitionist, and healer.

If one feels that I am arrogant and prideful, they are partially mistaken. Everything that lifted me up out of my shackles will not only be freely given by me to all, but I will promote and instigate it. Every solution to any problem I ever find will be free access to the human race if they choose to use it.

I will stir this pot and foment advancement.

Knowledge is power, and I share power for free. I want to live in a world of liberty and happiness for all humans, no matter their disposition.

Here is the real strength of mankind.
Do not envy or fear it, embrace and become it.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
american business corporations??...these entities are simply economic whores...they go to the best part of the world, to make the most money. they have no allegience to america or it's people.


Correction: Once they leave and get into other national markets, they become "Multinational Corporations".

Multinational corporations have no allegiance to anyone but themselves, and even then they still eat their own when it benefits them.

They do not pick nations to build up, but instead nations to exploit and pillage.

Once they are done using a people and their resources, they pack up and leave and move on to the next "host" for their "leeching".

Hardly ever do they attempt to clean up the mess they leave behind, rather they allow us to clean it up at our own expenses. Never do the people taste their profits, because had we all benefited there would be no purpose for a multinational pirate organization, errr I mean corporation, in the first place.

And when a nation dares to stand up and say NO, stay out of our nation, what happens?
They are bombed into oblivion by the multinational military that does the bidding of it's financial overlords.

It's happening all around us all over the world right now.
Mass enslavement, deception, murder, war and gluttony of the 'elite'.

We the people all over the world need to stand up together in unison, as human beings, no matter what race nationality religion or whatever. Unite for freedom and dignity for all human beings. Empower all of those around you.

The "promised land" is indeed ours. We just need to get up off our rears and pursue it fiercely with diligence and an unwavering courage in the face of this vast darkness that envelops the entire world.
edit on 30-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon
 


How can you be so sure than the new system will be better than the current one. If history can teach us anything is that it repeats itself, if a global collapse does occur we will be thrown back to an economy of servitude to the land owners (and those that manage to enforce that ownership). I do not see that as beneficial a positive revolution would require enlightenment and that is far from reality people are even less prepared than during the last dark ages, millions will perish as they will not know how to live without. First it will lead to conflict as masses will aggregate to serve anyone that can make their lives more bearable (this has always been so and this will be how it will happen) ...

Remember Rapa Nui in the end it ended in cannibalism and the general decline of civilization.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by sixswornsermon
 


How can you be so sure than the new system will be better than the current one.


A system based upon respecting the liberty and dignity of human beings is sustainable and positive.

A system based upon tyranny and trampling of liberty is unsustainable and negative.

The false paradigm is between communism and capitalism, this keeps people distracted from the ultimate truth.
That truth is that the real paradigm is between liberty and tyranny.

Will human rights be protected and upheld? This is what determines the outcome of a system.



posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very informative thread and link, Just to let you folks know that you are not alone in your plight in the USA.
Just North of you the same thing is happening and from the link I am about to provide you will see they are trying very hard to tell us Canuk's that everything is fine and dandy....
www.thestar.com...
It looks like a bank telling the Governor of banks in Canada they will dance to their own beat...



"The game is afoot Watson!"

S&F
Regards, Iwinder





top topics
 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join