It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer Debunks Corporate Propaganda Against Proposed Law to Label Genetically Modified Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Farmer Debunks Corporate Propaganda Against Proposed Law to Label Genetically Modified Food

Giant corporations like Monsanto, DuPont, Dow, Pepsi and Coke have poured $25 million into the No on 37 campaign.

The $25 million that has so far poured into the “No on 37” campaign comes from huge biotech, chemical and food processing corporations (Monsanto, DuPont, Dow AgriScience, Pepsi, Coca-Cola). These are all companies whose primary motivation is profit, not the protection of consumers or farmers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

GE crops are no friend to farmers, consumers, or the environment

Biotech corporations brag that their genetically altered crops are going to eliminate hunger, reduce pesticide use, reduce chemical fertilizer use, better tolerate drought, and increase yields. If they really believe this, why would they think that a genetically modified organism (GMO) label is scary? If they are proud of their successes, if they believe their products are so superior, why be afraid to label them?

Article goes into several "propaganda statements" being pushed by Monsanto to undermine GMO food labeling laws.

One of the troubling aspects of the anti-GMO food labeling movement by some of these mega-corporations is that instead of labeling food as genetically modified (which most people seem to want), they would use the government to force farmers of natural, organic food crops to defend how their foods aren't genetically modified. It shifts the burden to small, independent farmers who most likely would not have the means to do that.

Just another egregious act by Monsanto and their ilk.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Doesn't that one argument that you quote just make them look stupid?
Haven't they been genetically modifying for years now?
Why are there still people starving? Should it have been eradicated by now?

And what does labeling have to with stamping out hunger?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
GMO foods, let's face it, was never about 'ending world hunger', it's about earning patents on crop DNA, so they can control the food chain.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Why are they starving? An other question is; Why are there homeless in North America? I think I read somewhere that to abolish poverty in Canada it would cost 38 million per years. pretty cheap considering Harper bought a whole lot of useless planes. We could have abolished poverty in Canada for 1736 years.

The reason why the are starving is they need them to be starving. Makes for good slaves. Why are there people in poverty all over developped countries? In one way or the other they will enter the system. Through need or death. And to take care of those perticular cases you need perticular services which will take up some resources. They take up resourses, it makes somebody money. Capitalize on every aspect of life. that''s what they do.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I couldn’t agree more... these greedy corporates really do not give a damn about starving babies.
I cant explain cleanly how much i detest these companies!!

www.guardian.co.uk...

Thanks Blackmarketeer S+F

top topics

join