It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about prayer...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChatholicGodBoy

Originally posted by apw100
This is killing me. My question has still not been answered. Does no one else see the contradiction between prayer and God's infalibility?!
Example...
1. God is all knowing, never wrong, and has the perfect plan for the world. Little Timmy gets sick and is going to die. His parents pray to God to save him. Now, if God's original(perfect) plan for the world included having Timmy die, then he certainly wouldnt change a perfect plan just to save a little child! If he changed his mind, then that would mean his original plan wasnt perfect! That in turn, would mean that he isnt perfect, and therefore, not a God.

ok,

No I don�t see a contradiction between prayer and Gods infallibility.

I believe that time is not liner you look back and you see a line you look forward and you see an infinite amount of choice, from breakfast I eat to having no breakfast. God knows all these choices and everything I might do. If He didn�t (that is if time was fully liner and the future was already written) then He would have simply gone well that guy there is gonna do this and that and this ok fair enough no point in him existing.

He knows that I may pray for something He also knows that I may go out on a killing spree, He would know which is more likely, I wouldn�t say that he would know which exact thing I would do (He may do, I don�t claim to know Gods will). Since he knows exactly everything I could do and what I am most likely going to do, given the situation, I would still say He is infallible and all knowing even though I essentially make my own choices.

The point being that Gods great plan would encompass all the possible choices ppl could make hence He would not be wrong, and we would still have free will.

Couldnt have said it better old chum

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Couldnt have said it better old chum

I think I would have added something about "many worlds quantum theory" and said something about seeing and knowing all possible outcomes as well as all possible choices.

But I do agree, I don't see the contradiction.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Raphael_UO]

<< 1   >>

join