It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay Out Of HELL.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

What makes you so damn holy.....?

I don't believe for one minute it's all about how holy OP believes he is. It's how holy he knows God is. Many people make the mistake you're making dayve and I don't blame you, seeing how easily misconstrued the message here can become. I believe OPs message is benevolent and you should keep that in mind. Don't mean to lecture you either, but I think it would help the conversation stay on track if you keep that in focus. Just say'in.
Fire and brimstone is a big part of what we believe. But God has made it so simple for us to avoid that.

SnF OPs got guts.
edit on 5-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by dayve

What makes you so damn holy.....?

I don't believe for one minute it's all about how holy OP believes he is. It's how holy he knows God is. Many people make the mistake you're making dayve and I don't blame you, seeing how easily misconstrued the message here can become. I believe OPs message is benevolent and you should keep that in mind. Don't mean to lecture you either, but I think it would help the conversation stay on track if you keep that in focus. Just say'in.
Fire and brimstone is a big part of what we believe. But God has made it so simple for us to avoid that.

SnF OPs got guts.

Wellllll I believe what i believe and i might even agree with the OP, but people like that try to walk in jesus shoes piss me off... Theirs ways to go about enlightening people in ways they will listen and repeating scriptures is just plain lazy n retarded... 99% of the time its gonna do your purpose more harm than good.. Thats just my opinion tho...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thats just my opinion tho.

An opinion I respect at the same time. When I said we !!!! I meant we as Christians of course. Not sure if that includes you but either way I understand where you're coming from. All I'm trying to say is that OP does mean well when it's all said and done.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Sorry... what is the point of this thread? There is no context whatsoever, other than your choice of thread title. But still, that means very little.

This man had an experience. How can you just ignore it?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

If you're talking about fire & brimstone as part & parcel of eternal torment in hell, why do you say "we"? There are three schools on this, and only the Eternal Torment camp advocates just that for the wicked. The Fire is for refining, for burning off the wood, hay, and stubble of the wicked, so that gold is left - not for punishment. In the end, all will be saved BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Schools of thought ? I don't think any schools of study have found a Bible verse that would back that up !

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Schools of thought ? I don't think any schools of study have found a Bible verse that would back that up !

Most of it depends on what mental/philosophical/theological filter you read your Bible through: the Eternal Torment filter, the Final Annihilation filter, or the Universal Reconciliation filter. All three work, and have adherents, but the last seems more accurate and consistent to me.

Consider the Book of Jeremiah, chapter 32, verse 35: "...their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination..."

Did you catch that? Such a thing - burning people in a fire - had never entered the mind of God, but most churches preach and believe that He plans just that for most of humanity. All you have to do to see the truth is change the filter!

I will admit to you that the Bible does not tell us what happens afterward to the people who are thrown into the Lake of Fire, but the whole thrust of that Book is that they will be saved, and in many places God describes His refining (not punishing) fire.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I use non filters. All this talk of "schools of thought " and filters. Just read the Bible with faith in God and his righteousness or get the wrong watered down filtered thoughts.

End of story.
edit on 11-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Where is God's love under threat of hell..?

Doesn't love to BE love, have to be FREE, freely given and freely recieved?

And isn't hell and death thrown away in Revelation?

What kind of convert could you win by the threat of hell anyway..?

I think it's disgraceful.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I use non filters. All this talk of "schools of thought " and filters. Just read the Bible with faith in God and his righteousness or get the wrong watered down filtered thoughts.

End of story.

"End of story."? Not hardly! No filters? No schools of thought? What about:

Apostolic Christianity
Catholic Christianity
Roman Catholic Christianity
Arian Christianity
Nestorian Christianity
Celtic Christianity
Orthodox Christianity
Protestant Christianity
Trinitarian Christianity
Non-Trinitarian Christianity
Gnostic Christianity
Christian Science
Adventism
LDS/RLDS
etc
etc
etc

I came into Christianity as an ex-atheist, that is to say, with no preconceptions whatsoever. Can you say the same? Do you really think you read your Bible without certain beliefs and assumptions? I exhort you, as a brother in Christ, to go back and examine early Christianity, especially the flavor practiced in the Book of Acts. Read the early Church Fathers, who were a lot closer to the events of the New Testament than later writers. Catch the faith as it was before serious error came in. It was a whole different faith than current Churchianity, for the most part.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I feel we are both looking at the same open door and arguing about whether or not the door was actually open.

I'm saying the door was open because it wasn't locked.

Your saying the door was closed because it wasn't ajar.

My belief in Christ did come about in almost the exact manner you describe. The only difference being I got there from a far more neutral position then the opposite in polarity being atheism. From the very young age of eight I remained neutral taking in what ever I could find or just simply came to me as the world would present it to me.

I was never indoctrinated or brought up to believe anything. It was totally left up to me and my own sense of reasoning. The fact that I was that way has brought me to where I've been for forty years and then some.
So do you see where I'm coming from ? My belief in Christ and my love for my absolute Father in Heaven are beyond complete. I may be wrong about this lil thing or that. So what ? Doesn't matter cause all that does matter is Christ. And my having the brains, or good sense, or call it as you like.

I found Christ on my own thru my own good sense and have never needed anything but that. Never will.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Jesus forbid sectarianism. Apparently some people didn't get that memo. Gnostics are not christians and never were, they're heretics denying Christ came in the flesh and theyre "faith" was mixed with the ancient egyptian pharonic religion which is why the great library of Alexandria was burned down. Out of all those on the list, i'd also omitt anyone using idols of Jesus, Mary and the "saints" as being christian too. God forbid making images of anything in heaven, on earth or in the sea but for some reason those sect's versions of the 10 commandments seem to ommit the second commandment.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
To randyvs:

The door is open, and I thought I was saying so! It was never really locked, never merely ajar. Heaven's gates are opened wide... Thanks for sharing about your past!

To lonewolf:

Yes, I knew that some/many in the list I made are Christian questionably. I was trying to express the breadth of theology in Christianity. Of course, I prefer to stay upwind of certain types of theology, especially gnosticism, and I can smell it a long way off.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join